Show me your knock sensors - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 0
Default Show me your knock sensors

Okay so I installed a knock link the other day and i cant get it to do jack.

I know it works cause when i tap the sensor mount the knocklink does flash

However it doesnt do anything while driving or taping other parts of the engine.

I have installed it where the flyin miata boss goes, but its not the FM one its my own design.

I think that the position of the sensor is bad so can i get pics of your guys sensor positions to compare it to mine?

I have a 1.8 NA

Cheers

Last edited by megator; 03-26-2010 at 12:57 PM.
megator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 0
Default

Cheers! so thats one bolt down from where i was.

Do you have a knocklink or det cans or what?
megator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

How about I show your face my fist?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Oh, and the position is the same as mine, which works.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 0
Default

Lol at first i was like what an internet dick thing to say

Cheers on the location i just went and tried it. my knocklink wasnt showing anything but its a stock car so i dont reckon it would. I need another person so one can tap the block and the other look at the knock link
megator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megator View Post
Lol at first i was like what an internet dick thing to say

Cheers on the location i just went and tried it. my knocklink wasnt showing anything but its a stock car so i dont reckon it would. I need another person so one can tap the block and the other look at the knock link
Sometimes people post comments that are so stupid, the "bullshit filter" should activate. If yours didn't activate, you may need to service it by searching the craigslist men-4-tranny personal adds. This usually works for me.

Your knocklight is probably a worthless piece of ****, like my "knocksense." Unless you have a filter that monitors only a time period prior to coil fire, you won't get anything useful out of it and you're wasting your time...sad but true. You want Jeff cizleiiaousky's battery power knock headphones because the human ear and brain can hear pre-ignition (not actual "pre-ignition") knock, our cheap computers can't.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Sometimes people post comments that are so stupid, the "bullshit filter" should activate. If yours didn't activate, you may need to service it by searching the craigslist men-4-tranny personal adds. This usually works for me.

Your knocklight is probably a worthless piece of ****, like my "knocksense." Unless you have a filter that monitors only a time period prior to coil fire, you won't get anything useful out of it and you're wasting your time...sad but true. You want Jeff cizleiiaousky's battery power knock headphones because the human ear and brain can hear pre-ignition (not actual "pre-ignition") knock, our cheap computers can't.

While I appreciate the plug (both business AND pleasure) Its C I E S I E L S K I.

I'm polish you ******.



Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post
While I appreciate the plug (both business AND pleasure) Its C I E S I E L S K I.

I'm polish you ******.



I knew it started with a C and didn't care to scroll down and spell it properly, so I just hit the keys. I was going to give you a shameless plug, but now I'm going to let everyone know that since I've used it my genitals have shrunk significantly and I recommend that no one use it.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I knew it started with a C and didn't care to scroll down and spell it properly, so I just hit the keys. I was going to give you a shameless plug, but now I'm going to let everyone know that since I've used it my genitals have shrunk significantly and I recommend that no one use it.

Aw come on, don't be like that.

(FWIW these could actually cause shrinking genitals, I have no way to test radiation output)
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 224
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megator View Post
Show me your knock sensors
Pervert~!
miatamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post
Picture of awesomeness
Totally sent you a PM yesterday!
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
Totally sent you a PM yesterday!
replied
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 0
Default

Lol thats cool hustler its just a bit of banter and i guess i didnt catch it.

Okay well how worthless is worthless? I mean I heard the scooby guys got results, i just want to try and tune my engine without blowing it.

So where do i get one of yours ciesielski
megator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post
While I appreciate the plug (both business AND pleasure) Its C I E S I E L S K I.

I'm polish you ******.



So what is it you're polishing? Oops I forgot I have to be nice; I don't have my det-cans yet.
1drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megator View Post
So where do i get one of yours ciesielski
Here ya go. https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t44551/
1drum is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
MSPNPPro-MM0105: Coolant Temperature Output slomiata MEGAsquirt 5 10-07-2015 02:11 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Got bad Crank Angle Sensor and Random Misfire codes, but runs fine. Greasyman General Miata Chat 2 09-28-2015 11:44 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.