Poly Quad Head - Anyone heard of it or tried it? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Jesus christ who ******* cares?

Go discuss this on www.MrVizard.com or something.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #22
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Mr. Vizard is an idiot. the end.

we already assumed this when he developed poly-quad.



this does remind me of the group that patented "taking a picture, putting it online, and selling it" :

http://petapixel.com/2015/02/21/phot...hoto-contests/


I just patented giving blow jobs. Now every time your mom goes to work, she's gotta pay up.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #23
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default



Hey Scott, how about you participate in the injector timing thread instead of this waste of bandwidth
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #24
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,376
Total Cats: 80
Default

<p>I wanted to give this a try on the flowbench but just ran out of time. In theory I can see it helping some. Is it going to make enough difference to warrent the extra time and effort to test. No clue... Prove these guys wrong and get some definitive data on it.&nbsp;</p>
cyotani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Total Cats: -38
Default Um ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Jesus christ who ******* cares?

Go discuss this on www.MrVizard.com or something.
Well, I'm super glad to see you taking the "engine performance" section of this forum seriously. The OP cares, that's who, but he can't find out if this mod makes more ENGINE PERFORMANCE because of the reasons I stated. Yes, I have made DV aware of my feelings on this matter. I have also pointed out that I think he is a pretty brilliant engine guy. The comment about me having a problem with him is false but I let it slide. I simply disagree with the handicap he has put on the automotive community. Maybe the OP, like you, doesn't care about my opinion on the royalty issue. Does that invalidate it? What if it turned out to be the SINGLE greatest mod for Miatas ever conceived. You'll never know because you want to make things about you and make personal attacks. Have you posted anything about the OP's topic at all? I have. YOU made it personal, so I am no longer Loling. Your own forum community can't even rely on fo constructive input. You probably trash talk anybody who wants to explore unconventional mods.
Pontiacivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:09 AM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

I just patented prostitution. Every time Brain collects a payment for your mom blowing someone, i get a payment for that payment.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
Well, I'm super glad to see you taking the "engine performance" section of this forum seriously. The OP cares, that's who, but he can't find out if this mod makes more ENGINE PERFORMANCE because of the reasons I stated. Yes, I have made DV aware of my feelings on this matter. I have also pointed out that I think he is a pretty brilliant engine guy. The comment about me having a problem with him is false but I let it slide. I simply disagree with the handicap he has put on the automotive community. Maybe the OP, like you, doesn't care about my opinion on the royalty issue. Does that invalidate it? What if it turned out to be the SINGLE greatest mod for Miatas ever conceived. You'll never know because you want to make things about you and make personal attacks. Have you posted anything about the OP's topic at all? I have. YOU made it personal, so I am no longer Loling. Your own forum community can't even rely on fo constructive input. You probably trash talk anybody who wants to explore unconventional mods.
What the actual ****.

No, i haven't posted anything because 1) i think it's bullshit, and 2) i'm waiting to see if someone tries it.

This isn't a thread about royalties.

YOU fucked up the thread. Not me.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #28
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Total Cats: -38
Default Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyotani View Post
<p>I wanted to give this a try on the flowbench but just ran out of time. In theory I can see it helping some. Is it going to make enough difference to warrent the extra time and effort to test. No clue... Prove these guys wrong and get some definitive data on it.&nbsp;</p>
I'm glad you are going to try this out on the flow bench for yourself. I think it's pretty cool that you have access and the skills to use it. The theory is sound, because airflow has to do what it has to do. It can't help it. Make one valve flow more and the air should swirl. Sorry about dragging finances into your thread. Doing the work yourself is exempt from the patent rules, so more power to you. Literally I hope. Please report your results. I happen to still be interested.
Pontiacivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Total Cats: -38
Default Whatever. Perhaps you should try Yoga.

Partial quote : No, i haven't posted anything because 1) i think it's bullshit, and 2) i'm waiting to see if someone tries it.

I ruined to thread ? Fair enough. I am trying to get back on topic.

You think the concept is BS. I don't. Yet you seem strangely drawn to a thread you claim no interest in. Or my opinions.

Have you considered ignoring this thread?

Waiting to see if someone tries it?

Well, short of being able to do it personally, we are right back to the royalty issue. I guess it really is relevant. I CAN'T find a machine shop that is willing to pay. I also CAN'T find one dishonest enough to do it and ignore the law. Surprisingly, no one will do it for me for free just so I can find out if it works.

So I gripe a little. My bad.

My friend bitches about taxes all the time. Too bad for him, part of living in a society.

Luckily the OP CAN do the work . I personally hope the results are positive.
Pontiacivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #30
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,376
Total Cats: 80
Default

<p>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
I'm glad you are going to try this out on the flow bench for yourself. I think it's pretty cool that you have access and the skills to use it. The theory is sound, because airflow has to do what it has to do. It can't help it. Make one valve flow more and the air should swirl. Sorry about dragging finances into your thread. Doing the work yourself is exempt from the patent rules, so more power to you. Literally I hope. Please report your results. I happen to still be interested.
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I was <u><strong>planning</strong></u> to give it a shot while I was taking a head building class at a local comunity college. But did not have the extra free time to finish my &quot;normal&quot; head build and test this theory out as well.&nbsp;</p>
cyotani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #31
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Total Cats: -38
Default Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyotani View Post
<p></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I was <u><strong>planning</strong></u> to give it a shot while I was taking a head building class at a local comunity college. But did not have the extra free time to finish my &quot;normal&quot; head build and test this theory out as well.&nbsp;</p>
Sorry to hear that. The theory is sound. Regardless of his popularity here, DV has a solid grasp of theory. His suggestions for SBCs are extremely effective. I was really hoping to find some real world data from someone who has done this. As I mentioned, I simply can't get the mod done around here. Not really into adding a couple hundred bucks in shipping to send them out to somewhere that is willing. Sucks, I have budgeted the money for the work but I'm stuck wondering. I have considered " two stepping " it but the cost is too much. I could have a shop put one oversized intake and one oversized exhaust in each chamber. I mean, what if I had to because of bad seats? Lol. Same valves in each chamber ? Coincidence. Then I would have to go somewhere else for port and chamber mods and pay for disassembly on my newly assembled heads. Too much money.
Pontiacivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 251
Total Cats: 38
Default

Your retarded wall of texts and off topic rants aside, you're all up in arms about not being able to try this yourself because you don't want to pay 7% royalty fees on what amounts to a few hundred bucks worth of head work? That's like... twenty or thirty bucks.

Let's say this magically works for you (it won't) and you gain 10whp. You're seriously not willing to throw the dude a few Hamiltons to thank him?

What a dick.
dasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #33
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

i patented wall-of-texts and now everytime you post I need 7%.

I wonder how much it cost Mr Vizzard to update all machine shops on his patent. Maybe he held a convention in Las Vegas or something...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #34
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

I wouldn't post here except that I refuse to believe that the last 100 years of automotive industry overlooked this. Smells like a waste of time. If it was legit, he'd already be rich.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #35
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,999
Total Cats: 1,466
Default

<p>This thread is so confusing. Thought i was on clubroadster or something the way this guy acts.</p>
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacivan View Post
Partial quote : No, i haven't posted anything because 1) i think it's bullshit, and 2) i'm waiting to see if someone tries it.

I ruined to thread ? Fair enough. I am trying to get back on topic.

You think the concept is BS. I don't. Yet you seem strangely drawn to a thread you claim no interest in. Or my opinions.

Have you considered ignoring this thread?

Waiting to see if someone tries it?

Well, short of being able to do it personally, we are right back to the royalty issue. I guess it really is relevant. I CAN'T find a machine shop that is willing to pay. I also CAN'T find one dishonest enough to do it and ignore the law. Surprisingly, no one will do it for me for free just so I can find out if it works.

So I gripe a little. My bad.

My friend bitches about taxes all the time. Too bad for him, part of living in a society.

Luckily the OP CAN do the work . I personally hope the results are positive.
Because i'm interested in the results if he does it, just like everybody else.

What we're NOT interested in is your ridiculous and petty diatribe that you clearly cooked up THEN did a widespread search on the Google Machine to find out where you can post your whining crap. If off topic, and nobody cares. Nobody said a single thing about Mr Vizard or his royalties or any of that unrelated bullshit before you showed up.

This is a forum that's serious about PERFORMANCE. We don't care about your crusade.

Get the **** out.


Can we get some Quality Control Bot up in here?
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:53 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,797
Total Cats: 248
Default

Sorry to post something on topic....

But didn't honda do this a long *** time ago? Like late 80s, early 90s? Pretty sure they did, where the cam lobs on the non-vtec part were different to promote all the swirl, as that helped them get away with running a leaner mixture for hondas lean burn technology they had going back then. Granted their valves were the same size but still, it's been done.
patsmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #38
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,999
Total Cats: 1,466
Default

aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #39
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 20
Total Cats: -38
Default Predictability

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasting View Post
Your retarded wall of texts and off topic rants aside, you're all up in arms about not being able to try this yourself because you don't want to pay 7% royalty fees on what amounts to a few hundred bucks worth of head work? That's like... twenty or thirty bucks.

Let's say this magically works for you (it won't) and you gain 10whp. You're seriously not willing to throw the dude a few Hamiltons to thank him?

What a dick.
Wow, how predictable. In fact I DID offer to pay the royalties. Guess what ? I can send DV all the money I want but the machine shop that actually charges the money has to pay him or the law is broken. So I went to my friendly neighborhood machinist and offered to pay 7% ON TOP of the total bill. He showed me the door but not before saying " I told you before, I have no intention on paying ANYONE for doing machine operations that I do every day simply because I am doing a particular combination of them. Installing larger valves in heads is an everyday operation and I don't care if it's in specific holes or worn out ones. I port heads and shape combustion chambers on a regular basis. Why should I pay a fee to someone because they grouped a bunch of common operations together on a patent application " Know what ? I agree with him. But, hey, YOU don't care because you aren't interested in the topic so of course, I am the dick for talking out loud about it. Yeah, silence is how EVERYTHING broken in this world gets fixed.

Quote from concealer404:

What we're NOT interested in is your ridiculous and petty diatribe that you clearly cooked up THEN did a widespread search on the Google Machine to find out where you can post your whining crap. If off topic, and nobody cares. Nobody said a single thing about Mr Vizard or his royalties or any of that unrelated bullshit before you showed up.

This is a forum that's serious about PERFORMANCE. We don't care about your crusade.

Get the **** out.


Can we get some Quality Control Bot up in here?

So...one more time for the slow people ( though I doubt it will make a difference )
1) Polyquad is sound theory. It probably has some benefits but needs more real world tests.

2) it cannot be easily replicated by the vast majority of performance enthusiasts at home.

3) You may not be interested in It, but people like myself and the OP apparently are.

4) Machine shops aren't interested in sharing their profit margin for something they have been doing for a living for years. They also don't want to pay this fee even if it doesn't come out of their pocket. I think it's called the principal of the thing.

5)For reasons I can probably guess, but out of politeness I keep to myself,you seem enraged about my opinion on the subject while I have simply stated the problem and my personal view. The issue of the royalty is directly related to the original question, we can't give the OP a straight answer because of it.

6) the only consistent position you have held is your hostility towards me and continuous attacks. First you say the idea is BS, then you seem to support the payment of the royalty.

7) my position remains the same : I think Polyquad has merit, I disagree that it is a patentable idea, I believe this damages the exploration of the possibilities. I still think DV is highly knowledgable and an exclellent conceptualist.

I think because this is the internet you believe it is OK to attempt to invalidate my point of view. To you I am not " real " or you imagine me as someone with qualities you feel you can dislike. You feel comfortable insulting me and calling me names, perhaps believing you have support from other forum members.This is fine, I have a thick hide but it doesn't make my opinion invalid, even if I am wrong. I hope the others here are seeing your behavior as an unflattering treatment to a guest in your community.

If there is even the REMOTE possibility that you want to present your argument against the theory, ie: why you think it doesn't work , I am listening. If you want to tell me why you think the patent/ royalty issue is not relevant, besides not personally caring, I am all ears. I have already pointed out how I see the two issues as related.

Unlike you, I respect your right to have an opinion, you simply have not presented one. Not even about me, since you don't know me. You simply attack and insult.
Sorry if this is not your cup of tea. Perhaps a cookie and a nap will do you some good ?

FYI, I am interested in serious performance. You seem to keep missing the claim that the Polyquad concept promises just that. My "petty diatribe " is about the topic and how it affects our understanding of . I haven't said a single negative thing about Mr.Vizard, nor do I consider opinion "whining ". I disagree that this is an invention and should not be subject to royalties. My position remains unchanged. I tried to point out that we don't do this for cam swaps, head milling, NOS, turbos, blowers or any other performance enhancement because it isn't logical. I didn't search Google looking for a place to crusade, I can go to change.org for that. I came hoping to talk about Polyquad and happened to state my opinion. What a bad person I am! I am more than willing to give my experienced and honest views on the concept and I promise not to say another word about DV. Please disengage from the conversation unless you are willing as well.

Last edited by Pontiacivan; 06-25-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Pontiacivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #40
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,999
Total Cats: 1,466
Default

<p>Here's your fix.</p><p>1. Take machine shop to head and ask them to do only one intake valve to a +1.</p><p>2. Take the head to another machine shop and have them do the other one to a +2.&nbsp;</p><p>3. ....</p><p>4. ....</p><p>5. Still fail.</p>
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
MP62 maintenance Pist0n Supercharger Discussion 3 10-10-2015 05:23 PM
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.