Turbo Miata Racing series wants your input.. - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #21
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Keith was adamant that a reroute wasn't neccesary. I'm skeptical. He cuts a huge hole in the bumper skin so the top of the radiator is actually doing something.
no one in Dallas thinks its necessary. As far as I know, I'm the only one who's done it, and I constantly hear about how useless it is...that's when the locals aren't talking about turbo unreliability, typically that comes after they tell me that I should have used PCPro because MegaSquirt is unreliable. This is also entertaining because there is at least one guy with Hydra who's injectors peg open and it smokes like a diesel...yet nothing is wrong with it.

A shop in lewisville did the work on the SM-T yellow car, and it looks incredible. I've considered letting them do that work to my bumper...but I could just buy the super-jdm-vtak-type-R scoop thingie from japan for the same price.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #22
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Posts: 115
Total Cats: 0
Default

In our prototype, we have fashioned a couple of unique pieces for the cooling system to allow the coolant from the back of the head to go to the radiator rather than re-circulate as hot water back into the block. IF we ran an H2O cooled turbo we could splice in here.We are also running custom Ron Davis Aluminum Radiators that mate well with the IC. Airflow into the radiator/IC is maximised by blocking off escape routes.
Not shown in this photo is the Setrab Oil cooler that will be mounted in the passenger Head light area nd vented out the top of the cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Turbo Miata Racing series wants your input..-dsc01027.jpg  
drgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #23
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Posts: 115
Total Cats: 0
Default

Seems there is a real "issue" with the fuel management. The ECU we are using has a very user friendly interface with table resolutions of 7% load steps and 250RPM increments. Injector tuning is in millisecond increments, with % duty cycle real time display. It has a closed loop mode if you want, and even turns on and off the CEL appropriately. Will run a fan if you like, and has user definable inputs and outputs to run just about anything ( even the IACV if you wanted to, with idle control logic).
This unit may become available outside the series if there is enough demand.
Oh, and it fits inside the OEM box and can run off the stock MAF for NA applications.....
drgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #24
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

i wish I could delete posts like this one.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 38
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
A shop in lewisville did the work on the SM-T yellow car, and it looks incredible. I've considered letting them do that work to my bumper...but I could just buy the super-jdm-vtak-type-R scoop thingie from japan for the same price.
Info on shop??? I don't mind having my bumper hacked up for a little more cooling! Thanks.
stevenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenh View Post
Info on shop??? I don't mind having my bumper hacked up for a little more cooling! Thanks.
its in my "card pit" somewhere. I'll never find it.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

You D-boys go ahead and spend your money for some "hack" to hack on your bumper.
Hustler, I already told you we could do it for ya.
By the way, mine only cost me "Free" dollars.
That's for front and the rear.
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #28
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
You D-boys go ahead and spend your money for some "hack" to hack on your bumper.
Hustler, I already told you we could do it for ya.
By the way, mine only cost me "Free" dollars.
That's for front and the rear.
I already told you ------s that I wasn't going to hack up my bumper, hence the FM hood $$$. Now stfu with your power-queer ****. Next time I come up there I'm going to **** on you and john, and hopefully this time a little bit of my golden nectar will trickle in your mouth, because I hear that's the only way you can get off,------.


I still want to hook up and make that splitter, if I ever come home, which I won't. BTW, there's a PCA day at Harris Hills on 11/08...let's crash it.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #29
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

You must be "Crunk".....
Anyways, it's easier to work on your car when you're not around.......
Make a decision on your diff bushings and we can have that knocked out for ya.
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #30
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
You must be "Crunk".....
Anyways, it's easier to work on your car when you're not around.......
Make a decision on your diff bushings and we can have that knocked out for ya.
Man, if you gays are so bored that you want to go ahead and knock that **** out, go for it and let me know where to send the money for the bushings. I think John wants my car together so he can drive it and convince himself to go FI. Are you sure that working on my car is something you guys want to get into?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

John had mentioned it and I already committed....soooooo.
Yes, I'm thinking he's still open in the FI department; although his car is extremely well sorted out in NA form.
If you are wanting to upgrade the bushings, we are both using the Poly-pros from Gary. The Delrin bushings had some height differences that I was concerned with and chose not to use them. They are prolly fine though.
Let John know and he'll get 'em and we can get the housing off and over to Bo's for your gearing needs.
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

If you guys want some help, Hit me up.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #33
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

anyone else want to roll over to my house and work on my car? I also need someone to clean up the shitty finish on not so "ready for paint" FM hood.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #34
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

You betcha!
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #35
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

screw it we need a big ***** racing miata series. Set a HP cap dyno each car and seal ecus etc from tuning i persay 300 whp limit and 200 whp limit classes.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #36
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
anyone else want to roll over to my house and work on my car? I also need someone to clean up the shitty finish on not so "ready for paint" FM hood.
I'd offer....but my old *** just got done painting mine. Pics will be up shortly.
Prep isn't hard, just I'm burnt on painting for a bit.
Now if you have some parts laying around that I need, then I will do it.
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
I'd offer....but my old *** just got done painting mine. Pics will be up shortly.
Prep isn't hard, just I'm burnt on painting for a bit.
Now if you have some parts laying around that I need, then I will do it.
I'm with ya, sanding sucks.

Do you paint professional quality??? or just your own things? I have a miata that needs painting. I thought about doing it myself. But I would have to build a temporary paint booth in my friends large garage. It is a 30X60 and I don't want to clean overspray for the whole garage. LOL
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #38
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 38
Total Cats: 0
Default

Machisimo, you said you can do the bumper hack? Send me some info!
stevenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #39
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Keith was adamant that a reroute wasn't neccesary. I'm skeptical. He cuts a huge hole in the bumper skin so the top of the radiator is actually doing something.
Yup. It works great actually. That is where I stole the idea for my car. His looks way better, but mine was free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
no one in Dallas thinks its necessary. As far as I know, I'm the only one who's done it, and I constantly hear about how useless it is...that's when the locals aren't talking about turbo unreliability, typically that comes after they tell me that I should have used PCPro because MegaSquirt is unreliable. This is also entertaining because there is at least one guy with Hydra who's injectors peg open and it smokes like a diesel...yet nothing is wrong with it.

A shop in lewisville did the work on the SM-T yellow car, and it looks incredible. I've considered letting them do that work to my bumper...but I could just buy the super-jdm-vtak-type-R scoop thingie from japan for the same price.
Sounds like they need to tune the Hydra.

Only time it has been an issue is over 300whp, even in August @ 110. We built a NB 1.8T drift car with 480whp, and we did the coolant reroute on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
You D-boys go ahead and spend your money for some "hack" to hack on your bumper.
Hustler, I already told you we could do it for ya.
By the way, mine only cost me "Free" dollars.
That's for front and the rear.
Same here. It works well, too.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcod View Post
I'm with ya, sanding sucks.

Do you paint professional quality??? or just your own things? I have a miata that needs painting. I thought about doing it myself. But I would have to build a temporary paint booth in my friends large garage. It is a 30X60 and I don't want to clean overspray for the whole garage. LOL
Still up to my rattle can ways for the Tarantula. It is a track rat, but still looks way better than Maaco.
5 coats and wet sand blocking between each coat with 1 day dry time between each session. Last sanding session was with 2000 grit and some Mequiar's expenso waxing sessions. Pics to uploaded soon.
Car looks better than the day I brought it home over two years ago.
The end is finally in sight for this build.
Aside from FI of course!
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW-Wiseco Piston, K1 Rods, Supertech Valves & Spring/Retainer, TB&C pedals Rudes333 Miata parts for sale/trade 17 11-05-2015 02:16 PM
Foreign powered NB for NASA ST3 and/or E0 d k Race Prep 44 09-15-2015 11:59 AM
New here, saying hi, here's what I'm workin with. SuperSneakySecretSquirrel Meet and Greet 5 09-06-2015 09:30 PM
2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback - Pearl White - 83k miles - $16999 Braineack Cars for sale/trade 3 09-04-2015 03:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.