I like pen0r
31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm Miserable!

Total Cats: 0
Default new member

Hey everyone. New member here, just saying hello. I don't own a miata as of yet. but, that's why i'm here.I'm an active member in the mazdas247.com forum. I'm looking for options ideas/pricing on some things..

I have a 2003 protege, fully built w/ turbo...I'm looking to get a miata as the next project..the protege is coming to an end shortly. Anyways, The idea of forced induction intrigues me so i'd like to stay w/ that. HOWEVER, i'd like to go supercharger in this miata..so first things first. ideas/options w/ performance / styling for miatas. i like hard top, and WILL be getting a CF hardtop in time..regardless. i need to find where, and other issues. so, any help is great. thanks a ton

-Damian.

Last edited by Philip; 01-24-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Boost Czar

Total Cats: 4,080

Originally Posted by Boostdprotegelx
i'd like to go supercharger in this miata..so first things first.
:gay:
Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
:(

Total Cats: 4

Uh dude carbon fiber hardtop doesnt exist. unless it is custom made and high dollar.
SC'ers arent what we are about but we know FI.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm Miserable!

Originally Posted by braineack
:gay:
mature.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm Miserable!

Originally Posted by magnamx-5
Uh dude carbon fiber hardtop doesnt exist. unless it is custom made and high dollar.
SC'ers arent what we are about but we know FI.
ok well i saw a supercharged miata on here for sale. so i figured SOMEONE would know.but thanks anyways.

aside from you guys, IF ANYONE IN THE KNOW, can give me insight and information, it would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Boost Czar

Carbon Fiber HTs are available....Talk to the guys from planetmiata.com

We know enough about SCers here to help you out...like don't buy a m45, and check out BEGi and FFS systems.

And no I'm not very mature. SCed miatas just aren't my cup of tea...that's all. It could have been worse...I could have said "SCers are for douchebags" or something along those lines.

Sidenote: You don't happen to have a stock MSP turbo laying around do you?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: -4

Dude, does the forum description say this is the place to come introduce yourself? No, it doesn't.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM

http://axispowerracing.com/miatapartsdetail.asp?id=39
Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 1

I could buy 2 of my miatas for that.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 PM

We know enough about SCers here to help you out...like "SCers are for douchebags"

+1

Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 322

Sidenote: You don't happen to have a stock MSP turbo laying around do you?
I hope you're just checking for a buddy... who drove all the way to Fredericksburg in a snowstorm (in a kick-*** AWD turbo OTM) with a set of 1/2 and 3/8 drive extensions in the trunk!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 5

Originally Posted by Philip
Dude, does the forum description say this is the place to come introduce yourself? No, it doesn't.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Boost Czar

Originally Posted by samnavy
I hope you're just checking for a buddy... who drove all the way to Fredericksburg in a snowstorm (in a kick-*** AWD turbo OTM) with a set of 1/2 and 3/8 drive extensions in the trunk!

i was acutally
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Elite Member

First off... welcome. Most folks here have turbos as you may have guessed by the site name. There are a very few with S/C but I don't see them around a whole lot (one has been chill'n in the Megasquirt forum).

Originally Posted by Boostdprotegelx
HOWEVER, i'd like to go supercharger in this miata..so first things first. ideas/options w/ performance / styling for miatas. i like hard top, and WILL be getting a CF hardtop in time..regardless. i need to find where, and other issues. so, any help is great. thanks a ton

-Damian.
CF hardtop is a waste of cash in all honesty. They are roughly 3X more expensive than the stock fiberglass tops and wiegh roughly 15 lbs less... it would be more beficial to spend that cash on something else and loose the weight somewhere else. If you want to S/C that's golden, it's just not my thing since it's far less efficient than a turbo. I will however help you in any way I can.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 6

http://www.bellengineering.net/Pages...ercharger.html

the MOAB...if your going to SC...this is what you need.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Tour de Franzia

Total Cats: 375

Does anyone know where I can find a link to the search?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 4

lol phillip, you are ruthless.

Comon be at least nice to the guy ... i mean a CF hardtop as a must have is a bit off the wall ... i mean theres lots of other things I would buy first, but anyway ...

If you hang around here for a little bit you will find that we are sort of a minimalist commmunity which encourages custom work and getting the best bang for your buck ... oh ya not to mention doing your own work. Most people will look down on you for spending a lot on bling and stuff.

If you are into the fast n furious stuff, clubroadster.net might be more welcoming of stuff like carbon fiber, body kits, lights under your car and other such useless crap.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 6

^ but that have a cool website name, thats gotta count for something
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 AM

Total Cats: 9

I support clubroadster but not F&F crap. ITs a misconseption that the site is all about ricers. Just a place for people who like asthetic modifications to go without being flamed like at *****.net
Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm Miserable!

Originally Posted by miatamania
^ but that have a cool website name, thats gotta count for something
First off, thanks to all for the help. Let me explain myself. The route w/ the miata may not normally be taken w/ a S/C, i want to do this b/c i already have the turbo setup. Also, if you'll take notice to this thread http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123649456

You'll see where my car has been and back. IT's not done yet. But, then again, what car is? It doesn't have far off before I've completed what i was going for. But all work, Aside from the actual motor build itself, was done by myself and some buddies. I did the motor swap and so on. Long, tedious road.

My first thoughts on the miata came after doing MINOR research...I see the weight distribution as a total gain over what i currently run. power to weight etc. can't beat it. It has nice stylilng as well. before i do anything performance-oriented, i'll be upgrading the full suspension,and adding a nice set of lightweight/wide wheels. I'd really only like to add a lip or something of that nature, I've seen those to be the best looking kits available. I don't like body kits,(as referenced in the thread i posted, i had my run-ins with these), no i don't have neons. I don't like them, and no I'm not some fly by night F&F kid. As i do enjoy the movies, i take them for what they are, MOVIES.

I came here looking for answers to my questions, and good tips for my search. I've not yet even finished my protege or purchased another miata, But that's not TOO far off.. I'd say, by....spring time. My car should be painted, tuned, and running great. It's steps fellas. one step at a time. But i came here to get acquainted with the car, the people who are in the know, and the answers. Thank you for your time.