Chinese Stroker Cranks - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Dude, I have NO FINANCIAL INTEREST in this. Thought I said that already.
I didnt mean it as a money maker for you. I just meant that they will buy em as long as they have the money.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #22
Ben
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Got ya. I think that anyone doing a 1.8 build would be silly to not spend the extra $1200. If this comes to fruition.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Of course. If you are already putting money into the engine you are probably after serious gains, another 1200 bucks shouldn't be a huge deciding factor especially for something that opens more possibilities.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

$1200 is rediculous honestly. Just send your crank to Castillo Cranks in CA and let them weld the journals, machine them, and renitride it at a much lower cost. Tom and I have discussed this lightly a couple mornings ago. It would be way cheaper and probably better quality being a oem crankshaft.
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #25
Senior Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 703
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'd be in.
pschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #26
Ben
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogenesis2004 View Post
$1200 is rediculous honestly. Just send your crank to Castillo Cranks in CA and let them weld the journals, machine them, and renitride it at a much lower cost. Tom and I have discussed this lightly a couple mornings ago. It would be way cheaper and probably better quality being a oem crankshaft.
Thank you. That's what I need to hear. That sounds like a lot of nails in this coffin...
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #27
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 415
Total Cats: 0
Default

I will eventually rebuild the '01 motor for big power and am slowly purchasing parts for that day. My plan is to purchase parts before I need them, rather than scrounge once I do need trhem. I too would be willing to spend the dollars on this.
Scuba_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Thank you. That's what I need to hear. That sounds like a lot of nails in this coffin...
Also, if anyone hasn't heard of Castillo Cranks before they are basically THE best when it comes to modding crankshafts of any kind. The icing on the cake is that they have EXTENSIVE experience with import cranks as well. The thing is that it is on you to know exactly what you need before you send it to them, and expect to wait a while to get it back.
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #29
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default

So it looks like someone posted it would be about 2500 with this crank, rods and pistons.

I know I will have to rebuild my engine in a year or 2. If this stroker kit was available I would def get it. Why the **** build the 1.8 when I can build it and make it bigger!?!?! More of a usable power curve for that price sounds awesome. **** NA

-Jeff
TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #30
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogenesis2004 View Post
Also, if anyone hasn't heard of Castillo Cranks before they are basically THE best when it comes to modding crankshafts of any kind. The icing on the cake is that they have EXTENSIVE experience with import cranks as well. The thing is that it is on you to know exactly what you need before you send it to them, and expect to wait a while to get it back.
Ben's offer does include a complete kit. something to keep in mind.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #31
Ben
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNS101 View Post
So it looks like someone posted it would be about 2500 with this crank, rods and pistons.
More like $2000 for crank, rods, and pistons
$2000 RETAIL
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

Dude, you know I'm DIY to the core
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #33
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 718
Total Cats: 5
Default

2k for a 2L sounds fukken dope to me.

What CR?
TURNS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:19 AM   #34
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 415
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
More like $2000 for crank, rods, and pistons
$2000 RETAIL
Since I considered sending FM 3.6k a few months ago knowing the stroker was going up to 4k, I would send a check tomorrow to get this for 2k.

Then it would just be a matter of does it go in the '94 or the '01
Scuba_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #35
Ben
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
Since I considered sending FM 3.6k a few months ago knowing the stroker was going up to 4k, I would send a check tomorrow to get this for 2k.

Then it would just be a matter of does it go in the '94 or the '01
Well, if it's half price, why not get two? One for each =
Actually 2 of these kits would still come in under 1 FM kit. You might have enough for 2 kits and an ARP hardware set. :gay:
No BS...
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:23 AM   #36
Ben
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNS101 View Post
2k for a 2L sounds fukken dope to me.

What CR?
Think 2 choices, one low CR for turbo and one high CR for NA. Like 8.5 and 11.0.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #37
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 415
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Well, if it's half price, why not get two? One for each =
Actually 2 of these kits would still come in under 1 FM kit. You might have enough for 2 kits and an ARP hardware set. :gay:
No BS...
All kidding aside, it would go in the '01 turbo because a turbo is where the power is. The 94 SC is just for fun.
Scuba_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 AM   #38
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Think 2 choices, one low CR for turbo and one high CR for NA. Like 8.5 and 11.0.
hustler is out.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:27 AM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,172
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
hustler is out.
rofl
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:43 AM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 70
Total Cats: 0
Default

I like the idea. 2k for the whole shebang sounds like a good deal to me.
Agent935 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Mazdaspeed 2.0L C-Spec ITB motor w/ accessories graexodus Miata parts for sale/trade 9 10-25-2015 04:34 PM
No spark while cranking? navalhawkeye MEGAsquirt 9 10-07-2015 08:10 PM
Missing/knock at idle, can someone point me in the right direction? Mikel MEGAsquirt 4 09-28-2015 05:46 PM
Got bad Crank Angle Sensor and Random Misfire codes, but runs fine. Greasyman General Miata Chat 2 09-28-2015 11:44 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.