R-compounds on the street? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Right, and maybe I should pull the turbo off too, because my car is too fast to drive on the street.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
Right, and maybe I should pull the turbo off too, because my car is too fast to drive on the street.

Mark
Maybe you should, because it sounds like you drive like an irresponsible jackass and you don't even care or realize it.
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #43
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 20
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
1. R-compounds on the street are pointless because there is no need to be able to exceed the limits of a good street tire outside of competition.
Since I street race my R compounds are OK
Handy Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cutlass View Post
Maybe you should, because it sounds like you drive like an irresponsible jackass and you don't even care or realize it.
Ya, well, I think you'll really blend in nicely with the Miata.net crowd and that fancy *** STS Escort "Race" car of yours. After all, you are the auto-x champion, on your block, or in your club... or whatever.

Like I said, build a car for nationals, then go talk smack. I have built more cars for competition than you have driven in. I have wins in NASA for endurance racing, SCCA Regional classes, and IDRC. So if you want to keep talking smack, why don't you throw out some of your impressive victories out there. Have you even driven a race car (no, not your mom's busted *** escort.)

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Mann View Post
Since I street race my R compounds are OK
I can't tell whether you're serious or not
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:18 AM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
Ya, well, I think you'll really blend in nicely with the Miata.net crowd and that fancy *** STS Escort "Race" car of yours. After all, you are the auto-x champion, on your block, or in your club... or whatever.

Like I said, build a car for nationals, then go talk smack. I have built more cars for competition than you have driven in. I have wins in NASA for endurance racing, SCCA Regional classes, and IDRC. So if you want to keep talking smack, why don't you throw out some of your impressive victories out there. Have you even driven a race car (no, not your mom's busted *** escort.)

Mark
Already resorting to insulting my driving and car huh? These things both have absolutely nothing to do with this thread so I'm not going to respond to them and get drug down into your pointless argument.

You think it's OK to drive recklessly on the street. I don't. You're wrong, I'm right. Have a nice day.
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:20 AM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cutlass View Post
Maybe you should, because it sounds like you drive like an irresponsible jackass and you don't even care or realize it.
man... if Philip were still running the show you would probably be banned for attempting to e-thug The Don MarkP.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:23 AM   #48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkmage View Post
man... if Philip were still running the show you would probably be banned for attempting to e-thug The Don MarkP.
How am I e-thugging him? I wasn't the one that initially resorted to insults. If anyone should be banned it's him for advocating reckless driving. It's one thing to speed sometimes, but something else entirely for someone with supposed racing experience to suggest that it's safe to drive at 10/10 on the street.
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cutlass View Post
How am I e-thugging him? I wasn't the one that initially resorted to insults. If anyone should be banned it's him for advocating reckless driving. It's one thing to speed sometimes, but something else entirely for someone with supposed racing experience to suggest that it's safe to drive at 10/10 on the street.
I never said it was safe to drive 10/10ths on the street. I was suggesting 8/10ths. Look, I don't expect you to know this, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I have been around for a while.

I am actually a pretty nice guy, I'd still buy you a beer (and I would still think you are wrong about R-compounds on the street.)

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkmage View Post
man... if Philip were still running the show you would probably be banned for attempting to e-thug The Don MarkP.
That's too ******' priceless... The Don... LMAO, come on now, I am just another guy with a Miata and a HP addiction.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 AM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

Cutlass, this is not miata.net. You won't get banned for posting or talking about street racing, reckless driving, and whatever other dangerous stuff you wanna talk about so chill out. To each their own opinion.
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryceness View Post
Cutlass, this is not miata.net. You won't get banned for posting or talking about street racing, reckless driving, and whatever other dangerous stuff you wanna talk about so chill out. To each their own opinion.
You're telling me to chill out? lol
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:36 AM   #53
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

Meh, I don't mean to say that, just that Mark is allowed to talk about, even encourage reckless driving.
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markp View Post
I never said it was safe to drive 10/10ths on the street. I was suggesting 8/10ths. Look, I don't expect you to know this, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I have been around for a while.

I am actually a pretty nice guy, I'd still buy you a beer (and I would still think you are wrong about R-compounds on the street.)

Mark
If that's what you were suggesting then your argument was totally lost on me

Anyway this is obviously going nowhere, I'm finished with this argument.
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryceness View Post
Meh, I don't mean to say that, just that Mark is allowed to talk about, even encourage reckless driving.
We can do the agree to disagree thing now
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #56
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

Agreed
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #57
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

i say go with some r-compounds if you want. i have never drove a car with r-compunds. but i have track tires on my bike (pirelli super corsa pros) and the difference between street tires is amazing. i will NEVER go back to a standard street tire now

Last edited by bryantaylor; 12-19-2007 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling > me
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryceness View Post
Meh, I don't mean to say that, just that Mark is allowed to talk about, even encourage reckless driving.
LOL, sometimes I even drive recklessly... but usually not on the street, even with R-Compounds on the car.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #59
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

Bryantaylor, with R-compounds on a bike, wouldn't you have to worry about flattening them out if you do more highway miles than actual curvy roads?
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 AM   #60
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cutlass View Post
How am I e-thugging him?
I said ATTEMPTING TO, you weren't being very successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonMarkP
I am just another guy with a Miata and a HP addiction.
Let me put it this way... when I mention your username to any of my miata owning friends they recognize it. I can't say the same about folks with 10X as many posts as you.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complete BEGI S3 NB Kit, Full Enthuza 3" Exhaust, ACT HD Clutch, MS2 PNP, Wideband kronikker Miata parts for sale/trade 17 10-06-2015 11:18 PM
Hey everyone another n00b here Big_gumby Meet and Greet 80 10-05-2015 05:06 PM
Re-Spring Tein FLEX or replace? Mazdaspeeder Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 21 10-03-2015 07:45 PM
Wilwood Dynapro/dynalite maintenance aidandj Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 37 09-28-2015 11:47 AM
Miata Newbie hdizzle Meet and Greet 8 09-21-2015 11:08 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.