track reliability psychotherapy - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
Seriously, this is getting so old.
You should try living it. I really want to relax and enjoy driving the car. Its kind of weird. I sign up for track time, but never really want to go. I never had fun in OK until the last session of the day.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #22
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotpsi? View Post
For all the E-thuging you do, this thread makes you look like a *****. Stuff happens in life but you move past it. When things break you fix them. I just live by the idea that things always break so just expect them to and dont worry about it, because it will happen! Get a trailer for the track. Then you can worry about walls more than mechanical problems. Keep it in a garage on jack stands with out the wheels on it to prevent it from getting stolen. Other than that your car seems bullet prof for the most part and I would like to see it some time.
I'm also extra emo today because a child-hood pet died and I'm about to go bury him and his ball.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Maybe you should stick to auto crossing with us little boys.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Oh damn that suck brings back memories
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

If you can't afford to play at the track do something else. Try living it? **** you. Try having a mortgage, 2 kids and a wife that depend on you. I know my limitations due to my life choices. So should you. I don't whine that I can't afford to travel and participate in a bunch of track time. I don't whine that because I have people that NEED me I CHOOSE not to get involved in activities that could limit my ability to bring home a pay cheque.

******* whiny little bitch.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #26
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
If you can't afford to play at the track do something else. Try living it? **** you. Try having a mortgage, 2 kids and a wife that depend on you. I know my limitations due to my life choices. So should you. I don't whine that I can't afford to travel and participate in a bunch of track time. I don't whine that because I have people that NEED me I CHOOSE not to get involved in activities that could limit my ability to bring home a pay cheque.

******* whiny little bitch.
Canada sucks. nice pissing contest, and comparing a situation with a car to people. I know my limitations, and don't like bleeding money all the time. There's a reason I have this miata and not a Lotus...reasonable restraint.

Beta-male procreator.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central, TX / Bay area, CA
Posts: 1,272
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
If you can't afford to play at the track do something else. Try living it? Try having a mortgage, 2 kids and a wife that depend on you. I know my limitations due to my life choices. So should you. I don't whine that I can't afford to travel and participate in a bunch of track time. I don't whine that because I have people that NEED me I CHOOSE not to get involved in activities that could limit my ability to bring home a pay cheque.
Amen -1 kid, This is why I sell Amsoil on the side, it pays for all my track time and parts. My job pays for life with the fam.

Sucks about your child-hood pet tho
Gotpsi? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #28
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I budget responsibly for the car, retirement, savings, rent, blah blah blah...how did we get on to personal finances? If I blow this thing up, I have to wait another 6-months to finance the rebuild because my #1 financial priority is retirement.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,624
Total Cats: 1,559
Default




I would never race my only car.

Real racers use tow vehicles for when (not if) something breaks. Buy a cheap, ugly, beater truck for $1200 and a used tow dolly for $200-$300 and call it a day. Get a little truck with bad paint, minor body damage and a decent motor and you will always have a parts runner vehicle and an emergency ride to work.


Or take up roller skating instead, Trixie.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #30
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

going to look at this tonight:
Name:  2drcbio.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  82.2 KB
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
going to look at this tonight:

So a 25K car is the answer? lol
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #32
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
So a 25K car is the answer? lol
$18 OBO. I know lots of people who track those hard, monthly, and drive them home every time.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I budget responsibly for the car, retirement, savings, rent, blah blah blah...how did we get on to personal finances? If I blow this thing up, I have to wait another 6-months to finance the rebuild because my #1 financial priority is retirement.
You claimed you are poor. You claim that having trouble at the track could make you loose your job. I'd say you brought up the idea of finances. You are the one having panic attacks about something happening to your car. If this is the case to save yourself an ulcer do something else. This is what I mean when I talk about knowing your personal limitations.

As for a pissing contest? Please, if you think that was my point you are even more of a retard than I thought. You can spend all the $$$ in the world and have the most bullet proof car in the world. That won't stop you from hitting the wall and totaling the car.

Canada sucks? Weaksauce. You should go back to being the cut-n-paste e-thug everyone admires so much.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
$18 OBO. I know lots of people who track those hard, monthly, and drive them home every time.

Yea but, which is cheaper to replace, cheaper to replace parts on, cheaper to maintain, cheaper on insurance and cost less overall? Replacing the brakes alone on that thing can buy you another NA.

What happens if you total an 18k car at the track? You're out 18K!
What happens if you total a Miata at the track? You buy another shell for 1k, swap some parts, replace a few broken ones and get back out there.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #35
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 36
Total Cats: 0
Default

The reason I started tracking my miata vs my M3 is because if anything breaks I don't really care because used parts are plentiful and dirt cheap.

If I blow my motor at the track, I will throw in a junkyard motor for $200.

If I stuff the car into a wall I will buy another car for $2k and transfer my stuff over.

That is the beauty of the miata.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #36
Senior Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chatsworth, SoCal
Posts: 948
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
$18 OBO. I know lots of people who track those hard, monthly, and drive them home every time.
You can track the hard. It will not matter if you are mid corner adn comeone infront of you over heats and drops coolant and you hit it. You will still be in for a ride. Just hope all you hit is dirt not a wall or tire. If you do you may only make it home on a flat bed.

Have a great day,
Jared

P.S. One thing I will tell my students if I see them pushing heir street car is to remember that they have to drive it home.
Jfornachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

$ = issue = NO EVO
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #38
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 36
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
$ = issue = NO EVO
Yeah, you honestly can't get any cheaper than a miata for the track.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #39
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Jersey 5 min. from NJMP
Posts: 189
Total Cats: 0
Default Noob suggestion

Stop being a ***** or we will pop your eye out and skullfuck you. NOW you have something to worry about. I always respected your thug-ness, but I guess you are normal after all.............Noob over and out.
flydaddyskidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,923
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I know lots of people who track those hard, monthly, and drive them home every time.
The same can be said of the Miata.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.