Boundary Engineering and WeaponX Coil On Plug PNP Pre-Order List - Page 9 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #161
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

I will write an email today to everyone giving an update. We selected a manufacturer and will be recieving the protoboard today for one model of Miata, the 94-00. If it works as intended they will start production.

We have about 15 to get out the door yet.
TravisR is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #162
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

Travis, sent you a pm. Check it out and get back to me, please. Thanks.
webby459 is offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #163
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 60
Total Cats: 0
Default

Looking forward to you finally obtaining a solution, its been a tough road, but I appreciate you deterimination to do this correctly despite the displeasure from GB members.

As soon as it's figured out I'm going to be buying these as my christmas gift :^)
Father LeadFoot is offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #164
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 160
Total Cats: 0
Default

Hey Travis,
Just curious if you had sent the email. I didn't receive one yet. I am sitting in for #4 JayL who dropped out. Sent payment last week via paypal. Thanks.
superslow is offline  
Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #165
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,362
Total Cats: 3
Default

Travis, I was wondering on a status of my refund? Unless of course you can get the COPS to me ASAP I'd still like that refund...Getting tired of waiting.
jtothawhat is offline  
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #166
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslow View Post
Hey Travis,
Just curious if you had sent the email. I didn't receive one yet. I am sitting in for #4 JayL who dropped out. Sent payment last week via paypal. Thanks.
Hey,

I didn't put you on the email list. Sorry about that. i'll send you a copy tomorrow.

Quote:
Travis, I was wondering on a status of my refund? Unless of course you can get the COPS to me ASAP I'd still like that refund...Getting tired of waiting.
Not a problem, as stated in the emails refunds are available to anyone. I didn't hold up my original time line so I'm not holding you to our transaction.

Travis
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #167
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Hey Travis, can we get an update please.

thanks
thymer is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #168
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Hello Thymer,

I sent out an email a couple days ago. At any rate, this week they are on vacation. Next week we are waiting, and the week after is manufacturing week.

Best Regards,
Travis
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #169
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
Hello Thymer,

I sent out an email a couple days ago. At any rate, this week they are on vacation. Next week we are waiting, and the week after is manufacturing week.

Best Regards,
Travis
The last email I have from you was on Sept 20'th, about 2 1/2 weeks ago. In it you said:

Timeline: Right now were looking at a timeline of about 2 weeks before we begin shipping again. We have to select a new manufacturer and give them time to start. We are still producing units and going through the list, but we would not expect many to come before the next 2 weeks. When the new manufacturer comes online we expect a throughput that will almost immediately fill all orders.
thymer is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #170
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Wed 9/30/2009 6:57 PM

Hello Purchasers,

Just filling in with an update on the coil systems. We have selected our manufacturer, and the proto board worked out just fine. The company is on vacation next week, and then we’ll be waiting a week to get into line on the manufacturing que. The intended ship window is the 15-21st of October.

That was the email that was sent out.
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #171
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Springfield, NJ
Posts: 670
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'm very tempted to order this for my MSM, as my homebuilt COPS project failed and I'm too lazy to keep throwing effort / time / money at it.

Can anyone who DID get their order and install these coils (in an NB, please) tell me how they worked out for you?

So far, Travis has been nothing but a mensch in several private conversations with me. However I'd like to see a bit more real-world assurance before I hand over 440 of my dollars.
evank is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #172
Elite AbsurdFlow Member
 
Laur3ns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Enschede, NL
Posts: 2,058
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
Wed 9/30/2009 6:57 PM

Hello Purchasers,

Just filling in with an update on the coil systems. We have selected our manufacturer, and the proto board worked out just fine. The company is on vacation next week, and then well be waiting a week to get into line on the manufacturing que. The intended ship window is the 15-21st of October.

That was the email that was sent out.
Hi Travis, can you confirm that:
- this is still the manufacturer of choice?
- they are back open after holiday since Monday
- we are still in line for end of this week/early next week

Can you also update on the build order? Specifically, where am I?
Laur3ns is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #173
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

+1 on the update. I've got the car apart for a new head which I should receive in about six weeks. I'd really like to have the COPS to install by then before I go back to the dyno.
thymer is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #174
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Everything does look good on the path we're on. The manufacturer came back, and its looking like the end of next week/beginning of the week after they will be shipping the product. So for the most part our tentative time line is still solid. Once we recieve them I'll be shipping them out as soon as I get them. I've got the boxing and everything ready to go.

I'll have to get back to everyone on the lists, because things have changed ALOT over the last couple of weeks. Some people got refunds, and some people bought in, and as a result my old list needs to be updated.
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #175
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
Everything does look good on the path we're on. The manufacturer came back, and its looking like the end of next week/beginning of the week after they will be shipping the product. So for the most part our tentative time line is still solid. Once we recieve them I'll be shipping them out as soon as I get them. I've got the boxing and everything ready to go.

I'll have to get back to everyone on the lists, because things have changed ALOT over the last couple of weeks. Some people got refunds, and some people bought in, and as a result my old list needs to be updated.
Are you shipping Travis?
thymer is offline  
Old 10-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #176
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

They got 3-4 days behind on their ship dates so I haven't seen them yet. All the better, as I just got the coils and other parts I need to package along with it shipped to me. The original builder was reluctant to fully relinquish everything.

Best,
Travis
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #177
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Springfield, NJ
Posts: 670
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'm in!

Hoping to get these before Nov. 14 Dyno Day .... I hope I hope I hope ......

As I understand it, these super-high-end COPS will make my car idle smoother, get rid of the misfires at boost, and elongate my *******.

I'll settle for 2 out of 3.

PS - I really want these before Dyno Day, but Travis says his upcoming batch of 16 units is already sold out. Is anyone willing to give me their spot? My birthday is this week, consider it a present!!

Last edited by evank; 10-27-2009 at 09:54 PM.
evank is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #178
Elite AbsurdFlow Member
 
Laur3ns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Enschede, NL
Posts: 2,058
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
They got 3-4 days behind on their ship dates so I haven't seen them yet. All the better, as I just got the coils and other parts I need to package along with it shipped to me. The original builder was reluctant to fully relinquish everything.

Best,
Travis
News?
Laur3ns is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #179
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Shipping says Monday/Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TravisR is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #180
Elite AbsurdFlow Member
 
Laur3ns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Enschede, NL
Posts: 2,058
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
Shipping says Monday/Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laur3ns is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buzzing from driver side of engine bay? (MS3 install) nick470 MEGAsquirt 7 06-16-2017 02:53 PM
15x10 - 15x11 6UL @ 949 Racing emilio700 Wheels and Tires 151 06-02-2017 03:36 PM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
01-05 Fab9 PNP COPs (used) FrankB Miata parts for sale/trade 6 09-30-2015 12:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.