Anybody else living in the movie Idiocracy? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
**** is really getting out of hand. I wonder if it is different than a long time ago, or if the stupidity is being amplified by technology and handouts. I mean back before women could drive, a lot of the shitty driving did not exist.

I mean are we really getting dumber, or have people always been this dumb, but survival of the fittest took them out, or kept them at home, or there just weren't as many of them?

IDK. But when/if I bring kids into this world they are going to ******* be squared away. I will NOT let this shitty world ruin them. And then will probably grow up to be frustrated and pissed at how dumb everyone else is.
I blame technology. It may be good in some ways, but goddamn, generation after generation we are getting more and more stupid. I look at kids today, vs just 15 years ago when I was their age, and wonder how the **** they can even walk without running into a wall. No one gives a **** about anything anymore. People are perfectly content to have their brains rotted away by ******* stupid TV shows, while snacking on the most awful, engineered foods that rots them away from the inside out. I have a hard time putting my feeling on this subject into words. I know what I see around me, and it makes me sick.

And at the sake of derailing the thread, I will put a heavy portion of the blame on religion. It has instilled these idea that whatever is in gods will, will be done. No need to do things for ourselves, he will provide. A lot of people do things for themselves out of "just in case". Of course religion has been around since primitive man began walking the earth, so it has always been a dragging anchor to human progress, in my opinion.

A little more on the media end of things. Even when I was a kid, which wasn't long ago, we weren't inundated with such **** as exists today. Even when we got cable when I was maybe 7 or 8, we had like 30 channels, with barely anything worth watching. Today kids have messages pounded into their heads from every direction, and you have millions of kids walking around, all quoting the same bullshit that they heard, or were told to believe, instead of coming to a conclusion for themselves. Misinformation can reach a gigantic audience, all around the world at the speed of light.

Last edited by NA6C-Guy; 09-17-2011 at 02:03 AM.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #62
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 244
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
Nothing like a brick to the head through the window on the highway to make you think about what you've done.
So sig worthy.
hochkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I blame technology. It may be good in some ways, but goddamn, generation after generation we are getting more and more stupid. I look at kids today, vs just 15 years ago when I was their age, and wonder how the **** they can even walk without running into a wall. No one gives a **** about anything anymore. People are perfectly content to have their brains rotted away by ******* stupid TV shows, while snacking on the most awful, engineered foods that rots them away from the inside out. I have a hard time putting my feeling on this subject into words. I know what I see around me, and it makes me sick.
I think it depends on the person, if you are a young moron then tech will not make you less of a moron (unless the moron in question stumbles upon something shiny enough to keep the attention span going, but smart enough to make the viewer learn something), but it may lead you further down your moronic path (Jersey Shore, misinformation on the internet, FOX news). However if your a young smart person like me (21 y/o, IQ of 136 ) then you can use tech to make you smarter (read MT.net, learn crazy **** form Joe Perez, have a question and use legit internet sources to find answer) but it isn't gonna make you less intelligent. This assumes the smart person is smart enough to not pay attention to things that might dumb him/her down.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #64
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
I think it depends on the person, if you are a young moron then tech will not make you less of a moron (unless the moron in question stumbles upon something shiny enough to keep the attention span going, but smart enough to make the viewer learn something), but it may lead you further down your moronic path (Jersey Shore, misinformation on the internet, FOX news). However if your a young smart person like me (21 y/o, IQ of 136 ) then you can use tech to make you smarter (read MT.net, learn crazy **** form Joe Perez, have a question and use legit internet sources to find answer) but it isn't gonna make you less intelligent. This assumes the smart person is smart enough to not pay attention to things that might dumb him/her down.
I was meaning younger, like 6-14 ish, the more impressionable age. The ones who don't know any better, and will take anything told to them by an adult as the truth. Misinformation getting to them so easily is devastating if not corrected, which often it is not.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #65
Slowest Progress Ever
iTrader: (26)
 
thirdgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The coal ridden hills of Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,806
Total Cats: 183
Default

Perfect example of "idiocracy". I just watched the "comedy central roast of flavor flav". I'm just going to lay this out on the table as not only how I see it, but how it is...
Anybody who thinks that Flavor Flav should be supported as a celebrity, or in any way as an inteligent person, should be cited for some kind of "idiot fine". This country sickens me when I see people support such stupidity. I bet if Flavor Flav ran for president, over 9% of the population would vote for him, mostly because he's a celebrity. It's sickening.
thirdgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #66
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

I bet he would get more votes than that.

Today's installment of "I should of died from natural selection"...

I was walking down a large isle in Walmart using the rules of the road and staying to my right. 3 large ladies, looked like a Mom and 2 daughters are coming down the isle running a rolling road block. As they get about 5ft from me a say in a forceful voice, excuse me. The one coming straight towards me just gives me a dirty look and keeps walking. So I just let my cart run into her belly. The Mom starts to freak out and I just kept walking. They were to lazy to come after me but they kept yelling long past when I turned the corner. It felt really good to ram that dumbass when she wouldn't move. I feel like I'm fighting these retards one slick move at a time.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #67
Junior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gay Area, CA
Posts: 220
Total Cats: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
HEB Grocery Store, Customer in front of me, she has a giant cart filled to the brim with cheese, steaks, sausage, junk food, beer, wine, etc. Her total was 39.00. I had a small basket and my total was 55. I then walk outside and see her loading it in a new Caddy on chrome 24's. I said nice rims. "Que" I mumbled wtf under my breathe than found this nice tidbit at home...
I witnessed a similar scenario tonight. Except the shopper in front of me looked like a meth-tranny Christopher Walken.
She had a stack of WIC vouchers to pay for 90~100 baby food jars, 4 dozen nutrition bars & four 1/2 gal fruit juices.
The costs dropped by 90%, from $0.89 to 9 cents, 39 cent granola bars & 19 cent juices. I joked to the couple behind me
that when the baby finishes all that he'll be in 1st grade. How did she accumulate that many vouchers?
Not using them for the kid, or maybe stole them? Any method used was a detriment to WIC & society.

But tonight's star was my cashier Dakota, a 300+ pound teen with back ****. Dakota was operating a 90's era IBM POS
register with the familiar green LED screen. Dakota didn't know there's an ITEM COUNT button, a multiplier allowing him to scan
differing items just once. Then hit ITEM COUNT, & enter number of said items on 10-key. No, I let Dakota to gruelingly swipe every item,
taking 12 minutes. His forehead was glistening, his mouth agape, his eyes blank as an iguana.

When he finished I showed him this ITEM COUNT button, & told him to ask his supervisor to help him learn the keyboard's functions.
He giggled like I had tickled his ***** with a feather, saying "Duuuuude."
Dakota is our future.

Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
A little more on the media end of things. Even when I was a kid, which wasn't long ago, we weren't inundated with such **** as exists today. Even when we got cable when I was maybe 7 or 8, we had like 30 channels, with barely anything worth watching. Today kids have messages pounded into their heads from every direction, and you have millions of kids walking around, all quoting the same bullshit that they heard, or were told to believe, instead of coming to a conclusion for themselves. Misinformation can reach a gigantic audience, all around the world at the speed of light.
Hit the nail square on the head... And these same stupid ignorant ******* kids VOTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
I think it depends on the person, if you are a young moron then tech will not make you less of a moron (unless the moron in question stumbles upon something shiny enough to keep the attention span going, but smart enough to make the viewer learn something), but it may lead you further down your moronic path (Jersey Shore, misinformation on the internet, FOX news). However if your a young smart person like me (21 y/o, IQ of 136 ) then you can use tech to make you smarter (read MT.net, learn crazy **** form Joe Perez, have a question and use legit internet sources to find answer) but it isn't gonna make you less intelligent. This assumes the smart person is smart enough to not pay attention to things that might dumb him/her down.
Case in point. What's your news source, CNN?

elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #69
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cleveland, Tn
Posts: 121
Total Cats: -1
Default

Elite bastards unite! Bitching about the choices of others? And how it slows your progress? Thatís ******* intellect, right there. Things were no better 25 years ago. We had winners like you running around in Bimmers wearing Guess and Polo complaining about the same stupid ****. You donít know **** that matters. Hell, half of you canít even **** worth a ****, and the other half had to join a forum and check out a ***** and sextoy build sheet to get any idea what the purpose for a good **** really is. All 100% of this tech bullshit, where you like to lay the blame for the stupidity we deal with, is introduced by your peers, for your peers, to stupify your peers. If idiots grew on trees, this place would be the Enchanted Forest. Youíve never caused a facepalm moment? Is it possible that sometimes you bring poor service on yourself? Standing there all elite. Sometimes people lie in relationships. They lie because the other in the relationship would never ******* drop it if they were told the truth. The csr is in this lie(bad service) to you, maybe because they canít be truthful with you and tell you just how much of a bastard you are and its easy to spot a bastard like you because you all wear the same **** like your in a ******* club.

I must admit, I enjoy MT.net. The intelligence level here is high which in turn brings mine up just by association. Most of you pay attention well and it shows through your writing and the ideas you convey. It pains me to read bitching like Iíve read this morning because I had to read some stupid **** just to get to the 4 or 5 good posts. This tangent you are on is cancer. It can consume you and you will believe it is of the most importance. How many times do you deal with the **** bitched about above before you either join them, or overcome them? Keep bitchiní and you will share their destiny.

Whatever.
Rocky64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #70
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

What did I just read?


Y U NO SEE POINT?

The point is people are lazy and inconsiderate. It has nothing to do with being "elite". You're right, it's our fault when people act stupid to us... they are actually really smart. That really sounds like passing the blame. It's totally my fault that I do my best to try and follow proper etiquette and be polite.

You really have no clue do you? Most of "us" wear cheap *** clothes because we realize that being "trendy" is worthless. We don't need to spend our welfare on name brands to make ourselves feel good. We feel good when we save money, and better ourselves and community. Most of the time I'm wearing some cheap shirt I got from a random event for free. LOL at the polo comment.

Honestly it doesn't even really have to do with being smart. I've met a lot of not so smart people who are very polite and considerate. And they worked hard to be the best they could be. **** I see it everyday in the Army. I meet a lot of not so intelligent people, but they work hard and are good at their job. I think some people have never in their life said please or thank you. People need to learn about respect. Everyone I meet I respect to a certain level, until they do something that loses that respect. But too many people these days have no respect for anyone, even themselves.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #71
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,860
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

I'm lazy and inconsiderate.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #72
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I'm lazy and inconsiderate.
Okay I guess it does have a little bit to do with being smart. If you are smart you can be lazy and inconsiderate sometimes.

Lazy because you are smart enough to do things smarter not harder, so you make things easier on yourself because you are motivated by your lazyness.

Inconsiderate because you are smart enough not to walk on the wrong side of the isle with your shopping cart and refuse to move when oncoming traffic appears.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DF-DUB
Posts: 640
Total Cats: 19
Default

I see **** like this at least 10 times a day. Im a service writer so I get to deal with many geniuses. I get yelled at consistently when I tell someone the price to perform a repair on their jag/volvo/bmw/vw/audi/mb. I also had a customer flip because i told him I wouldnt work on his MAYBACH 62. No one listens when you tell them whats wrong with their car, so you end up explaining it 2-4 times. As soon as you say something they will ask you the exact same question. Example, Me: Ma'am I wont be able to get to it until tomorrow. Her: So when can you start on it? **** like that happens ALL DAY.

Jobs kinda turns you into an *******, I ******* hate everybody.

If someone comes in and tells me they are strapped for cash, Im inclined to help them anyway I can. But they never do, they say, Im selling the car tomorrow, so I dont care if my tires are showing steel or my brakes are metal to metal.

Best one was I had a guy come in driving an early 00s small domestic truck. Has three belted tires and every single front end part has slack, ball joints were bad enough I was actually worried they would fall out. Brakes are toast. Tell him he needs to fix it and he says I dont have the cash for repairs. He then proceeds to show me his new phone and gadgets that he just bought, over a grand in stuff. All I could think about was his priorities. He can afford a grand in **** he doesnt need but cant afford to give his little one a safe car to ride in. She was still in a child seat.
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #74
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky64 View Post
Elite bastards unite! Bitching about the choices of others? And how it slows your progress? Thatís ******* intellect, right there. Things were no better 25 years ago. We had winners like you running around in Bimmers wearing Guess and Polo complaining about the same stupid ****. You donít know **** that matters. Hell, half of you canít even **** worth a ****, and the other half had to join a forum and check out a ***** and sextoy build sheet to get any idea what the purpose for a good **** really is. All 100% of this tech bullshit, where you like to lay the blame for the stupidity we deal with, is introduced by your peers, for your peers, to stupify your peers. If idiots grew on trees, this place would be the Enchanted Forest. Youíve never caused a facepalm moment? Is it possible that sometimes you bring poor service on yourself? Standing there all elite. Sometimes people lie in relationships. They lie because the other in the relationship would never ******* drop it if they were told the truth. The csr is in this lie(bad service) to you, maybe because they canít be truthful with you and tell you just how much of a bastard you are and its easy to spot a bastard like you because you all wear the same **** like your in a ******* club.

I must admit, I enjoy MT.net. The intelligence level here is high which in turn brings mine up just by association. Most of you pay attention well and it shows through your writing and the ideas you convey. It pains me to read bitching like Iíve read this morning because I had to read some stupid **** just to get to the 4 or 5 good posts. This tangent you are on is cancer. It can consume you and you will believe it is of the most importance. How many times do you deal with the **** bitched about above before you either join them, or overcome them? Keep bitchiní and you will share their destiny.

Whatever.
What does this make YOU? Super elite? Do the world a favor and end yourself now.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #75
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
Honestly it doesn't even really have to do with being smart. I've met a lot of not so smart people who are very polite and considerate. And they worked hard to be the best they could be. **** I see it everyday in the Army. I meet a lot of not so intelligent people, but they work hard and are good at their job. I think some people have never in their life said please or thank you. People need to learn about respect. Everyone I meet I respect to a certain level, until they do something that loses that respect. But too many people these days have no respect for anyone, even themselves.
Good point. Not everybody is born with intelligence, but that doesn't mean a person should behave like a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opti View Post
I see **** like this at least 10 times a day. Im a service writer so I get to deal with many geniuses. I get yelled at consistently when I tell someone the price to perform a repair on their jag/volvo/bmw/vw/audi/mb. I also had a customer flip because i told him I wouldnt work on his MAYBACH 62. No one listens when you tell them whats wrong with their car, so you end up explaining it 2-4 times. As soon as you say something they will ask you the exact same question. Example, Me: Ma'am I wont be able to get to it until tomorrow. Her: So when can you start on it? **** like that happens ALL DAY.
Did you see this article in Jalopnik?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky64 View Post
Elite bastards unite!
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #76
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgen View Post
Perfect example of "idiocracy". I just watched the "comedy central roast of flavor flav". I'm just going to lay this out on the table as not only how I see it, but how it is...
Anybody who thinks that Flavor Flav should be supported as a celebrity, or in any way as an inteligent person, should be cited for some kind of "idiot fine". This country sickens me when I see people support such stupidity. I bet if Flavor Flav ran for president, over 9% of the population would vote for him, mostly because he's a celebrity. It's sickening.
You realize he was in one of the most politically polarizing and important rap groups of the early 90's right? Well, he was just the hype man, but jus' sayin.
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #77
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty danish View Post
You realize he was in one of the most politically polarizing and important rap groups of the early 90's right? Well, he was just the hype man, but jus' sayin.
I could go on Bill O'Reilly's show, flash my nuts, say its part of my right to free speech and be politically polarizing. That doesn't mean I should get media attention, let alone have people vote for me. (hypothetically)
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #78
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky64 View Post
Elite bastards unite! Bitching about the choices of others? And how it slows your progress? That’s ******* intellect, right there. Things were no better 25 years ago. We had winners like you running around in Bimmers wearing Guess and Polo complaining about the same stupid ****. You don’t know **** that matters. Hell, half of you can’t even **** worth a ****, and the other half had to join a forum and check out a ***** and sextoy build sheet to get any idea what the purpose for a good **** really is. All 100% of this tech bullshit, where you like to lay the blame for the stupidity we deal with, is introduced by your peers, for your peers, to stupify your peers. If idiots grew on trees, this place would be the Enchanted Forest. You’ve never caused a facepalm moment? Is it possible that sometimes you bring poor service on yourself? Standing there all elite. Sometimes people lie in relationships. They lie because the other in the relationship would never ******* drop it if they were told the truth. The csr is in this lie(bad service) to you, maybe because they can’t be truthful with you and tell you just how much of a bastard you are and its easy to spot a bastard like you because you all wear the same **** like your in a ******* club.

I must admit, I enjoy MT.net. The intelligence level here is high which in turn brings mine up just by association. Most of you pay attention well and it shows through your writing and the ideas you convey. It pains me to read bitching like I’ve read this morning because I had to read some stupid **** just to get to the 4 or 5 good posts. This tangent you are on is cancer. It can consume you and you will believe it is of the most importance. How many times do you deal with the **** bitched about above before you either join them, or overcome them? Keep bitchin’ and you will share their destiny.

Whatever.
Supporting/defending the morons we are writing about in this thread is just as bad as being one. This thread is for people who are smart enough to realize when its happening. Sure everyone has a moment every now and then, the difference is after they realize it they correct the situation. If you are confused and commenting on our elite forum status then your an idiot again for not realizing its an automatic forum function when you hit a certain amount of posts.

Just as an FYI I own a Mustang and 2 Jeep Cherokees. My criteria for shirts is $1 max for thrift store shirts and $20 max for track shirts. I wear a lot of second hand shirts because I find the funniest shirts at thrift stores lol.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #79
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
I could go on Bill O'Reilly's show, flash my nuts, say its part of my right to free speech and be politically polarizing. That doesn't mean I should get media attention, let alone have people vote for me. (hypothetically)
and you conveniently missed the second part of what I said after "politically polarizing." And I never said we should vote for his crusty ***, but home boy says Flav deserves no support or recognition as a celebrity at all...
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #80
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,860
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

I just finished watch some FOX NEWS, I feel smarter already.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
2015 NASA Eastern Championships at VIR emilio700 Race Prep 35 09-11-2015 01:23 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.