Anybody in San Jose want to kick a dirtbag's ass for me? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #21
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #22
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 186
Total Cats: 10
Default

I did a Judo tournament in San Jose once... bunch of scrubs.

WHERE HE AT YO!?!? WHAT YOU WANT? BROKEN ARM/S? CHOKED OUT?!? BOTH?? YOU NAME IT BRO!!!! (just get me a plane ticket back out there)
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,897
Total Cats: 109
Default

Damn, looks like a total fiasco. Here's to unplanned medical issues to deserving individuals.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #24
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter
... San Jose police department .... She said due to budget cuts they no longer had a fraud department and that all of their officers were now out on patrol.
I don't understand why cities don't hire private investigation firms to do the menial ****, instead of relying on a monopoly run by government union members.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #25
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Local PD detective here in Florida advised me to contact the FBI and file a report yesterday, which I did. Still haven't heard **** from San Jose PD.

Quote:
Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Your complaint has been submitted. Once processed by the IC3, you will be sent an email containing your complaint id and password to be used for future contacts with the IC3. This process can take several hours.

The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 aims to give the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism. If you have comments or problems related to the IC3 website, please contact us.
Complaint Status

The IC3 receives thousands of complaints each month and does not have the resources to respond to inquiries regarding the status of complaints. It is the IC3's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Ultimately, investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.
Evidence

It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes.
As the trail starts to grow colder...
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 728
Total Cats: 48
Default

Your tax dollars at work...
rwyatt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #27
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 2,640
Total Cats: 25
Default

"I don't understand why cities don't hire private investigation firms to do the menial ****, instead of relying on a monopoly run by government union members."

-Every libertarian ever.

Agreed, btw.
nitrodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,132
Total Cats: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Local PD detective here in Florida advised me to contact the FBI and file a report yesterday, which I did. Still haven't heard **** from San Jose PD.



As the trail starts to grow colder...
Good thing they served up the yada yada above after you submitted the complaint. I wonder which committee wrote that?

OH... and make sure you keep those supporting documents in a safe place.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #29
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Ooohh! I got an email! It looks like the FBI is all over this!

Quote:
Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

This is the only reply you will receive from the IC3. Because we receive thousands of complaints per week, we cannot reply to every complaint received or to every request for updates.

However, once we forward your complaint to investigators in the field, they may contact you for further information. Consequently, it is important that you maintain any evidence you have relating to your complaint. Evidence can include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, printed copies of websites, copies of emails, or similar items.

If you wish to view, download, or add information to your complaint, go to http://complaint.ic3.gov/update and log in with the following:
Complaint Id: (*****************)
Password: (*********)

To learn more about Internet schemes and ways to protect yourself visit Looks Too Good To Be True.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #30
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

they gon break into the thiefs house, disrespect his famiry...

....all because you narkd on them
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #31
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
I don't understand why cities don't hire private investigation firms to do the menial ****, instead of relying on a monopoly run by government union members.
I'm sure there's no private conflict of interest like there's no political conflict of interest.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #32
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
I'm sure there's no private conflict of interest like there's no political conflict of interest.
Hey imagine if a private security company you hired for say, your mall reacted the way SJPD did, you wouldn't accept that. If multiple private investigation agencies competed for business they would do a damn better job than the SJPD.

Imagine if you gave private businesses a pass the way people do gov't agencies: You ask the mama-san for a slender blonde girl, and they send up a hairy leather clad bear, and you say "it's OK, I have no choice, it's a gov't program".

And why do statists say "monopolies bad" but any gov't agency, which is a monopoly, is OK?
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #33
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 144
Total Cats: 2
Default

KMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #34
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

I hear they upgraded to teletubby costumes now

"YOU SCAMMED THE WRONG TELETUBBY, FOO"
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #35
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

Humm... I was going to be in San Jose this weekend.

Unfortunately, this chain of events is all too common and criminals know it. Our local law enforcement folks are so unequipped to deal with any kind of fraud that involves a computer, so they just ignore it and pretend like it never happened. Paypal will get money back to the people whom it was stolen from, the vendors already got paid, your account gets reset and the oxygen thieves get some free iPhones and XBones. As it was said before, local PD don't give 2 *****. FBI or Sheriffs Dept on the receiving end is probably your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
Call the seller and have them give you the ID's or serials of each unit they sold... then call Apple and tell them. Apple should be able to put a service denial on each unit so that the first time they try and access a network, they're deactivated. At least I think I remember them being able to do that. Turns them into paperweights. Joe Perez will probabaly know about 100 different ways around that **** though.
This. Microsoft, Sony and Apple all have mechanisms in place to blacklist devices from their services. Unfortunately you have to convince the seller to start this process because technically its the sellers merchandise that was stolen and you have no control as a 3rd party. They already got paid for their junk and paperwork just costs them time and money, so don't expect them to move quickly on this.
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #36
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Does it matter if the iPhonie 6 Plus is jailbroken, because at least one of the descriptions I bothered to read said it was.

What is so sad is that we, as a people, have relinquished our rights to many forms of online privacy in the name of allowing the Feds to hunt down criminals and yet they don't really expend any effort doing that.

A colleague of my wife has been traveling extensively in the past few weeks for business. He was detained by the TSA at the beginning of this week because he was flagged for extensive recent air travel. He was brought to a room and interviewed. They asked him about the purpose of recent travels. They asked him which hotels he used in each place and what credit card he used. Without asking him to disclose his credit card number, consent to a search, or obtaining a warrant they were able to pull up his card numbers and complete purchase history to determine he did, in fact, stay where he had claimed on every occasion.

I'll spare you the eulogy for the 4th Amendment and just say that if they are going to have that much private personal information at their fingertips, at least expend the energy to catch a couple of bag guys every once in a while instead of meddling with frequent flyer business executives.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,791
Total Cats: 130
Default

I take it you never heard anything else about it?

Since no LEO's wanted to do their job. You should have bought a plane ticket, rented a car, drove to the address, and waited for the UPS guy. When he arrives it'd be easy enough to jump out and say, "Yeah, I'm Steve, I can sign for the deliveries, thanks." And then bring your free stuff back home.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #38
Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,680
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

That would be the one time the FBII guys would show up.


Besides, it would really look like I actually set the whole thing up to defraud people which is no bueno.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,791
Total Cats: 130
Default

Lol, yeah I guess that would be tough to explain if anyone did show up.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #40
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

I find myself in an ironic position in that I am now currently about 20 minutes from the location in San Jose and with access to various and sundry handheld ballistic lead expulsion devices.

However I am not in a position to help out because I am not a vigilante and have other priorities here--as you may have seen in the pictures thread.

Incidentally, I handed over some privacy to TSA and gave them money so I could be part of their known traveler program. Because my time is often more valuable than my privacy, I decided this was a fair exchange. This week in particular it was quite relieving to spend less than 5 minutes from the time I walked in the airport doors to the time I was standing at my gate.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM
Momo Mod .78 330mm L4nthonyl Miata parts for sale/trade 1 09-25-2015 05:18 PM
1.8, C30-74 Rotrex, 9psi, 235WHP/190WTQ (E85) Lincoln Logs Dynos and timesheets 4 09-23-2015 01:26 PM
Miata Limo! ennjay General Miata Chat 2 09-17-2015 08:04 AM
Wtb: front bumper in good shape any color arnetts7 WTB 0 09-12-2015 04:14 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.