Craigslist Unique Finds Thread (pls scrape) - Page 48 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #941
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,356
Total Cats: 1,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
the ****** rotary is a terrible engine for those people that like a car that works.
most of us here prefer the sexy FD's with a good 'ol 'Muricuhh v8 in it
Best engine swap I ever rode in was an ultra clean FD with an LS1 in it.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:08 AM   #942
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
the ****** rotary is a terrible engine for those people that like a car that works.
most of us here prefer the sexy FD's with a good 'ol 'Muricuhh v8 in it
Ahhh yeah I've heard similar opinions. But what about the 787b? That car was insanely reliable, supposedly it was ready for another 24 hour race after competing in a 24 hour race although I'm assuming they did some crazy gypsy mods to the car to make it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Best engine swap I ever rode in was an ultra clean FD with an LS1 in it.
That seems to be the go-to swap for FDs, or really any car for that matter.
ApexAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #943
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,136
Total Cats: 599
Default

Well yeah, why would you go with something else when theres so much support for the LS1s especially at that cost?
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #944
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 4
Default

That's a good point, but there are also people out there who just like to go off the beaten path and try something new and unique. I can definitely understand both perspectives and respect basically any engine swap that's done properly. I'd love to see an S52 or S54 in a miata, that would be incredible.
ApexAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #945
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,402
Total Cats: 1,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAddict View Post
That's a good point, but there are also people out there who just like to go off the beaten path and try something new and unique. I can definitely understand both perspectives and respect basically any engine swap that's done properly.
On the one hand, I completely get what you're saying with regard to respecting anything "done properly."

A part of me, however, thinks of things which are so inherently bad and wrong that they defy respect.

Consider a Miata which is slammed on airbag suspension, running stretched 185 tires on 12" x 10" wheels, has under-body neon, a leopard-print velour interior, and is running the engine out of a 1979 VW Rabbit diesel. No matter how good the welding, no matter how clean the wiring, no matter how much technical skill is evidenced in the finished product, I really can't respect anything about that car.

That's kind of how I feel when I hear people talk about putting rotary engines into pretty much any street car.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #946
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,382
Total Cats: 2,654
Default

hahaha I'm with Joe
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #947
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,356
Total Cats: 1,378
Default

+1 to Joe's take on rotaries. They are like mud wrestling or accident scenes. Yes you are curious and want to see if you chance upon one, but otherwise wish they didn't exist.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #948
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
On the one hand, I completely get what you're saying with regard to respecting anything "done properly."

A part of me, however, thinks of things which are so inherently bad and wrong that they defy respect.

Consider a Miata which is slammed on airbag suspension, running stretched 185 tires on 12" x 10" wheels, has under-body neon, a leopard-print velour interior, and is running the engine out of a 1979 VW Rabbit diesel. No matter how good the welding, no matter how clean the wiring, no matter how much technical skill is evidenced in the finished product, I really can't respect anything about that car.

That's kind of how I feel when I hear people talk about putting rotary engines into pretty much any street car.
Hahaha yeah I hear you man, that's a very valid point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
+1 to Joe's take on rotaries. They are like mud wrestling or accident scenes. Yes you are curious and want to see if you chance upon one, but otherwise wish they didn't exist.
LMFAO that's a perfect analogy.
ApexAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 PM   #949
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
GeneSplicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,016
Total Cats: 147
Default

Fwiw - I briefly pondered selling ALL my track stuff for a 20b swap................. just to sound cool (seriously)

I'm seeing the Doc Monday for my disorder
GeneSplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #950
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
GeneSplicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,016
Total Cats: 147
Default

F'in bullshit dblpst... Sorry y'all... blame the triples
GeneSplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #951
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneSplicer View Post
Fwiw - I briefly pondered selling ALL my track stuff for a 20b swap................. just to sound cool (seriously)

I'm seeing the Doc Monday for my disorder
What does all of your track stuff consist of? And I'm assuming it was a 20b swapped miata?
ApexAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #952
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
GeneSplicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,016
Total Cats: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAddict View Post
What does all of your track stuff consist of? And I'm assuming it was a 20b swapped miata?
To clarify - I debated selling off everything I bought to build the E85 motor and trans to do a 20b swap into my track car. Such includes pistons/rods/ungodly vvt head with TSE cams/turbo/ic/twin disk... it's all in my jumbled build thread in my sig
GeneSplicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #953
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,840
Total Cats: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneSplicer View Post
To clarify - I debated selling off everything I bought to build the E85 motor and trans to do a 20b swap into my track car. Such includes pistons/rods/ungodly vvt head with TSE cams/turbo/ic/twin disk... it's all in my jumbled build thread in my sig
I mean it is almost like you really don't want the track car to ever be done.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #954
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneSplicer View Post
To clarify - I debated selling off everything I bought to build the E85 motor and trans to do a 20b swap into my track car. Such includes pistons/rods/ungodly vvt head with TSE cams/turbo/ic/twin disk... it's all in my jumbled build thread in my sig
Ah gotcha, I was under the impression you were going to sell the car, trailer, etc.
ApexAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #955
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,028
Total Cats: 1,481
Default

aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #956
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,886
Total Cats: 279
Default

Holy crap.
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:28 PM   #957
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,525
Total Cats: 142
Default

... engine dynoed at 954 BHP on pump gas. The transmission is a GM TH350.

Anyone else see a problem there?


That being said, I'm sure it's scary as **** until it breaks.
good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #958
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,050
Total Cats: 407
Default

yes, that it is "street legal"

y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #959
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 447
Total Cats: 29
Default

1982 Toyota Starlet... all stock... $2800

https://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/5519750934.html

Quote:
Unmolested 1982 Toyota Starlet KP61, two door rear wheel drive, four link rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, five speed transmission. Factory cold air conditioning. Last year to have a carburetor.
No rust daily driver with a lot of miles but runs and drives well. Weighs in at about 1700 pounds, or about 500 pounds less than a MR2, Corolla or Datsun 510. Original paint, all gauges work including the factory tachometer. I have a clear AZ title in my name. Needs front struts, seats redone and a screaming , built 4AGE.


It may not have 700hp, but it has potential...

Attached Thumbnails
Craigslist Unique Finds Thread (pls scrape)-80-00404_i1vh2z3kf4e_600x450_762d889a9dcaa0d494d4b19e2c9abda8fea42e4b.jpg  

Last edited by Roda; 04-28-2016 at 05:53 PM.
Roda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #960
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,821
Total Cats: 507
Default

Damnit people, scrape the ads.

Description:STK 2083 1988 Chevrolet Sprint Turbo Go-Kart

If you would plan to build a true street sleeper, what car would be the best cover? Plymouth Valiant – don't think so. Ford Fiesta – probably not. Chevrolet Metro/Sprint – yes, perfect. The Sprint was an econo-box offered by GM back in the ‘80s. Back then, it was powered by a three-cylinder engine - not exactly a boulevard cruiser. This 1988 Sprint was professionally reconstructed from the ground up in 2007. Fatman Fabrications, Charlotte NC, built a custom square-tube street rod frame that incorporated the unitized body. They used Macpherson strut front suspension and Nissan truck brakes. The differential is a narrowed Ford 9” with Detroit Truetrac and 2:50:1 gearing. The engine is an all-aluminum, twin turbo 402ci dry-sump small-block built by Duttweller Performance, Ventura CA. Only the best components were used: Brodix block/heads, Comp roller-cam, forged crank/rods, CP pistons, twin Precision Turbos and Big Stuff3 EFI. This engine dynoed at 954 BHP on pump gas. The transmission is a GM TH350. This is a one-off monster and it's street-legal. Every aspect of the build is fully documented (including dyno sheets). Back in October 2013, Hot Rod Magazine published a nice piece on this Sprint in the Wrenchin'@Random section. They were impressed. This little Chevrolet needs to be seen to be truly appreciated. It is an engineering marvel. Call 800-650-1055 or visit www.autobarnclassiccars.com for additional information. ALL VEHICLES SOLD “AS IS”.

Price: $44,995




Attached Thumbnails
Craigslist Unique Finds Thread (pls scrape)-80-54096614_770_0_08e7a3004c26730f7fba56964977941eaa10c06b.jpg  

Last edited by Monk; 04-28-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fresh NA6 Owner in over my head... SageAbkatsor Meet and Greet 14 07-04-2017 09:50 AM
2 sets 15x10 - Silver Jongbloed and Nickel 6ULs SUV-ETR Miata parts for sale/trade 12 12-08-2016 04:49 PM
Officially de-noobing from Austin, TX nachomiata Meet and Greet 2 09-04-2016 07:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.