Drinking like a King. Don't hate. - Page 7 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #121
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

See if you can drink the entire thing tonight!
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #122
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

I'm a fan of vodka, tonic, and lime juice.. or just on the rocks. Tito's is good and cheap. I'm about to have some Polar on the rocks.

I used to not like scotch, but I had a swig of it at my dad's gig last night and really liked it. Don't know what kind it was though.
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #123
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Yo, anyone here like Seagrams 7?

The 7&7 has always been my drink of choice when drinking socially.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #124
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

this isn't 1972 jake. drink something with more class.

dont be bound by stupid names to stupid brands that are mediocre.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #125
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
this isn't 1972 jake. drink something with more class.

dont be bound by stupid names to stupid brands that are mediocre.
I just so happen to like the drink and I prefer mixed drinks if I'm drinking casually. I don't think it's as dated as, say, a Tom Collins would be. Jack Burns is the only guy to still drink those and he's 50 years behind the times.

Trust me bro, I could drink you under the table any day of the week. I don't need some "harder" drink to feel like a man. Only little p u s s yboys like you think that stuff puts hair on your chest.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #126
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Default

I have to side with y8s here. This thread is for drink snobs, not for well drinks and convenience store beers.

Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #127
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
I just so happen to like the drink and I prefer mixed drinks if I'm drinking casually. I don't think it's as dated as, say, a Tom Collins would be. Jack Burns is the only guy to still drink those and he's 50 years behind the times.

Trust me bro, I could drink you under the table any day of the week. I don't need some "harder" drink to feel like a man. Only little p u s s yboys like you think that stuff puts hair on your chest.
Who is drinking Tom Collins'?

The date of invention of a drink has little to do with how classy it is. A name brand of so-so canadian whisky plus a do-they-still-sell-that soft drink full of HFCS mixed together is just not classy.

I guess the mistake you seem to be making is based on the fact that you think drinking should be comprised of the things that keep Costco in business: massive volumes at discount prices.

You go ahead and drink yourself under the table while I waste my money on stuff that's really good.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #128
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
Who is drinking Tom Collins'?

The date of invention of a drink has little to do with how classy it is. A name brand of so-so canadian whisky plus a do-they-still-sell-that soft drink full of HFCS mixed together is just not classy.

I guess the mistake you seem to be making is based on the fact that you think drinking should be comprised of the things that keep Costco in business: massive volumes at discount prices.

You go ahead and drink yourself under the table while I waste my money on stuff that's really good.
Fine.

While in Edinburgh, I purchased a bottle of Glenfiddich Havana Reserve -- a 21 y/o single malt which is aged in Cuban rum barrels.

How many of these ever made it to the states?
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #129
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,327
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
A name brand of so-so canadian whisky plus a do-they-still-sell-that soft drink full of HFCS mixed together is just not classy.
I'll agree with you on the Canadian whiskey.

I'll disagree on the esoteric soft drink.

Behold, Schweppes' bitter Lemon!



Sadly, you can't buy this in the US. I've only seen it in Germany, though I understand it to also be popular in Russia as well as the rest of Europe.

I can't really describe the flavor. It's like sour, chalky, carbonated lemonade. I'm sure it'd be horrible by itself. But add some Bombay Sapphire gin and it turns into something really wonderful.
Attached Thumbnails
Drinking like a King.  Don't hate.-lpzyu.gif  
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #130
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

gin + water

shot of gin, sip of room-temperature water. IDK why, but it's delicious. Only the flavor of juniper berries up in that ****.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #131
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
gin + water

shot of gin, sip of room-temperature water. IDK why, but it's delicious. Only the flavor of juniper berries up in that ****.
isn't that all gin really is? herbs added to neutral spirit?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #132
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Would Tito's Vodka plus above Bitter Lemons = Hendricks gin?

I looooove Hendricks Gimlets! Especially with a bit of cucumber juice added!
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #133
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,327
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
Would Tito's Vodka plus above Bitter Lemons = Hendricks gin?
I'm not nearly as well-versed in gin as I am in rum and tequila, and I don't believe I've ever tried Hendricks. Cucumber-flavored gin strikes me as... odd.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #134
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

joe: most gin has "other stuff" in it besides juniper. except maybe booths?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #135
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I'm not nearly as well-versed in gin as I am in rum and tequila, and I don't believe I've ever tried Hendricks. Cucumber-flavored gin strikes me as... odd.
Cucumber gimlet:
At my recent birthday party a bunch of my friends got sold on it:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/dr...Gimlets-235327
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #136
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Anyone here fond of mint juleps? When seasonal, of course.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #137
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
Anyone here fond of mint juleps? When seasonal, of course.
As a red-blooded American, you should ditch that floppy-headed whisky and switch exclusively to the Official Spirit of the United States of America: bourbon.

And yes, I am a big fan of mint juleps even though it's hard to sound suave when ordering one. Then again, I like mojitos and mint in general.


Speaking of mojito: what is the proper mixer for guys here?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #138
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
As a red-blooded American, you should ditch that floppy-headed whisky and switch exclusively to the Official Spirit of the United States of America: bourbon.

And yes, I am a big fan of mint juleps even though it's hard to sound suave when ordering one. Then again, I like mojitos and mint in general.


Speaking of mojito: what is the proper mixer for guys here?
I very much dislike the mojito, I also dislike all rums and most vodkas. Yet I purchased a bottle of rum-infused whiskey. Hmm.

It's tough to get a proper mint julep this far south so I'll typically make my own.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #139
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

I won't turn down a mojito if it's offered to me on a sunny day. Especially if there's a nice breeze.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #140
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
I won't turn down a mojito if it's offered to me on a sunny day. Especially if there's a nice breeze.
The resort where I used to summer, Palmetto Bluff, really made me fall in love with sweet tea & vodka. I know it's sort of a fairy drink, but they go down like water on hot days. I've tried Firefly and other premixes but none compare to the "real deal". Probably the only vodka drink I enjoy.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
15x10 - 15x11 6UL @ 949 Racing emilio700 Wheels and Tires 151 06-02-2017 03:36 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
Is my swirl pot design okay? FrankB Race Prep 10 10-02-2015 10:00 PM
In need of base map for stock 1997 brandonbkd MEGAsquirt 0 09-29-2015 12:52 AM


Tags
drinks, liquor, miata

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.