Interesting Intake Manifold Design - Page 12 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #221
Elite AbsurdFlow Member
 
Laur3ns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Enschede, NL
Posts: 2,058
Total Cats: 11
Default

Nice looking!
Why angle the TB mount of did I not read this thread?
Laur3ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #222
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

you forgot to read the "b series" part
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #223
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookyfish View Post
Nice looking!
Why angle the TB mount of did I not read this thread?


Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #224
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 89
Total Cats: 0
Default

lol yeah that is for the Honda

I will not be angling yalls throttle body any so no worries there
BMCRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #225
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 89
Total Cats: 0
Default

Miata 1.8L Budget ITB Manifold now available!
I have talked Sam into machining a 1.6L head flange out this week for me (finally!)
Will try and have some finished 1.6L manifold stuff pretty soon.









BMCRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #226
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,732
Total Cats: 3
Default

Wow, I must have missed where we talked about the demand for an ITB miata manifold on a turbo forum.
wayne_curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #227
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
Wow, I must have missed where we talked about the demand for an ITB miata manifold on a turbo forum.
I want to try ITB's on my turbo, just need to build an enclosure around the ITB intakes.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #228
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,732
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
I want to try ITB's on my turbo, just need to build an enclosure around the ITB intakes.
I'd really be interested to see if that added complexity made any worthwhile difference with a turbo vs a well designed traditional manifold.
wayne_curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #229
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Good effort, wrong forum :(
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #230
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 828
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
I'd really be interested to see if that added complexity made any worthwhile difference with a turbo vs a well designed traditional manifold.
Yeah, I'm kinda curious. Better throttle response but... would that make any difference with turbo spool, etc.
thymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #231
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,033
Total Cats: 2
Default

im sure you could reduce cost by not not having that aluminum slab welded onto the runners.
leatherface24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #232
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,732
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherface24 View Post
im sure you could reduce cost by not not having that aluminum slab welded onto the runners.
My thoughts exactly. Not exactly subtle and looks like a good sized/expensive chunk. then again, what do I know about aluminum...
wayne_curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #233
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 89
Total Cats: 0
Default

The name tag badge is so large because that is the only one I had laying around. We didn't have the time to machine out a different one either. As to the pricing that name tag badge and nothing to do with anything, it wasn't even factored in so it just became a perk of being the prototype.

I still haven't heard back from the person who is wanting these so I am not sure if they will be proprietary items yet or not, if they turn out not to be I will put them on my site.

-James
BMCRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #234
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 89
Total Cats: 0
Default

I would think me working on anything Miata related would be relevant to this forum....
BMCRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #235
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,732
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCRace View Post
I would think me working on anything Miata related would be relevant to this forum....
Kinda sorta

miata.net = Most all around miata friendly though the majority of the members would rather garage their stock miata and drive it once a year than modify it.

clubroadster.net = ITB and drifting fanboys (this is where the nice effort, wrong forum comment came from). They would love to see this over there.

miataturbo.net = more concerned with high power potential than "throttle response"
wayne_curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #236
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCRace View Post
Miata 1.8L Budget ITB Manifold now available!
I have talked Sam into machining a 1.6L head flange out this week for me (finally!)
Will try and have some finished 1.6L manifold stuff pretty soon.

I'm going to to the dyno on Jan 16th, any chance of having one by then?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #237
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCRace View Post
The name tag badge is so large because that is the only one I had laying around. We didn't have the time to machine out a different one either. As to the pricing that name tag badge and nothing to do with anything, it wasn't even factored in so it just became a perk of being the prototype.

I still haven't heard back from the person who is wanting these so I am not sure if they will be proprietary items yet or not, if they turn out not to be I will put them on my site.

-James
Dude, your fabrication skills look fantastic but you are cockteasing us relentlessly and that sucks.

WE WANT AN INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR TURBO MIATAS. WE WILL BUY THEM. WE DO NOT WANT THE WORLD'S MOST AWESOME VICES, HONDA MANIFOLDS, AND ESPECIALLY NOT IRTB MANIFOLDS. IRTBS SUCK DICKS. MY CAR WILL MAKE ALMOST MORE POWER WITH ONE CYLINDER THAN THEIR ENTIRE ENGINE. HELP US BE AWESOME, DON'T HELP US SUCK DICKS.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #238
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeflora View Post
Dude, your fabrication skills look fantastic but you are cockteasing us relentlessly and that sucks.

WE WANT AN INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR TURBO MIATAS. WE WILL BUY THEM. WE DO NOT WANT THE WORLD'S MOST AWESOME VICES, HONDA MANIFOLDS, AND ESPECIALLY NOT IRTB MANIFOLDS. IRTBS SUCK DICKS. MY CAR WILL MAKE ALMOST MORE POWER WITH ONE CYLINDER THAN THEIR ENTIRE ENGINE. HELP US BE AWESOME, DON'T HELP US SUCK DICKS.
Dude, chill. You can use itb's on a turbo car... no fellatio required.
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #239
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

I really want to see BMC come through on a nice affordable turbo IM. I'm hesitant to bash them because of this. I'm not sure how well he takes the jibes and ribbing he gets here. That said...

Mod that Civic one to fit ours already! It took 6 months to get the honda one finalized. We're five months on this thread now. How far behind are we?
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #240
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymer View Post
I want to try ITB's on my turbo, just need to build an enclosure around the ITB intakes.
Id like to do this as well, I dont think its a bad idea especially when the throttles can get picked up pretty cheap
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.