LOL @left lane campers while I was driving a truck - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #41
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,198
Total Cats: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
This is the thing that gets me about drivers like Erat: They are so sensitive and so egoistic. They take things so personally and prefer escalation to accomodation and courtesy. It's an alien thought process to me.

You can take what i said, and remove the rest, you get a dumb comment.

Read everything i wrote. If i'm ALREADY going over the speed limit, screw you. I'm not, nor will i ever just ride in the left hand lane. I'm there for a reason, to make a pass. If you're so inconvenienced by having to slow down then you can go **** yourself. Also stop speeding.

I obey the law, anyone who disagrees with me is breaking the law. Therefore your point is invalid.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #42
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shalimar, FL
Posts: 965
Total Cats: 7
Default

I recently drove from Appleton, WI to the FL panhandle. Left lane campers probably added an hour or so to my trip. The most frustrating times are when you're in a line of 5-10 cars, all trapped behind someone who is pacing a semi. Going uphill. Lack of situational awareness abounds. I think the most appalling times are when emergency vehicles cannot pass because of inattentive drivers.

I found that flashing my brights when 7-10 car lengths back seemed to be the most effective at getting people to move over. However, I will happily pass on the right if it is open. We're all just trying to get where we're going...
messiahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
On the topic of egos, I drive mostly rural roads. If I pass a pickup truck in the Miata the odds are high that the driver of the truck will speed up and ride my *** as if to send me a message. (What message?)

I am a courteous driver. I don't tailgate (except left lane campers to get them to move over.) When I pass, I'm certainly not doing it in anger, but some people just can't stand to be passed by a Miata.
This is exactly what I was referencing. It's not just a Miata. If I'm in the 3-series, the Miata or the Kia, some people still take you passing them or taking a turn at break-neck speed (you know, pulling > 0.4G) as a personal insult.

These are the people that must "teach a lesson" or "send a message" as you wrote. Totally egoistic - they take that pass personally and are offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
You can take what i said, and remove the rest, you get a dumb comment.

Read everything i wrote. If i'm ALREADY going over the speed limit, screw you. I'm not, nor will i ever just ride in the left hand lane. I'm there for a reason, to make a pass. If you're so inconvenienced by having to slow down then you can go **** yourself. Also stop speeding.

I obey the law, anyone who disagrees with me is breaking the law. Therefore your point is invalid.
Sorry. You are a law breaker, therefore your point is invalid.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,198
Total Cats: 260
Default

Screw me for screwing you. I'm not a complete dickbag.

Do 72 to pass someone doing 68.

I'll leave that to the truckers.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

I'm curious. If you are already going 72 to pass someone going 68, and someone comes up behind you doing 75, why not speed up a few mph? You are already speeding. Why not have the common courtesy to speed up a bit so you don't obstruct the other driver and make him do the most annoying thing in the world: cancel the cruise control?
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
the most annoying thing in the world: Cancel the cruise control
This line written to keep the site's auto-dumb feature from lower-casing my acronym.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,009
Total Cats: 583
Default

I'm in a part of Texas West of DFW. I must say, drivers here are darn courteous. There also aren't many of them, and the roads are mostly two lanes, fast and go through some pretty country. Everybody likes to drive fast when they can. Sometimes they can't because they're towing a tractor or livestock, etc. In those cases, if they notice you coming up and see that you can't make the pass (oncoming traffic, double yellow, whatever), they literally pull over as far as the asphalt will let them to let you by. Even if you're in a Miata.

My BIL came into town to go with me to Austin for F1. We drove down to Austin on US 281, which was nearly empty. Nice hill country drive. I would say we experienced the "pull-over" courtesy three or four times on the way down. My BIL is from Baltimore. He was absolutely dumbfounded when he saw that.

Funny.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Erat is too important to expend the infinitesmal effort of speeding up slightly, or moving to the right to let a fellow driver by, just because he's already going slightly faster than the too-low posted speed limit.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,198
Total Cats: 260
Default

IMHO, you're just as much in the wrong speeding, as i would be "making a pass" in the left lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
I'm curious. If you are already going 72 to pass someone going 68, and someone comes up behind you doing 75, why not speed up a few mph? You are already speeding. Why not have the common courtesy to speed up a bit so you don't obstruct the other driver and make him do the most annoying thing in the world: cancel the cruise control?
Yeah, that's what i'm saying i wouldn't do.

I'm gonna get up and go, make my pass. In my car i can hit the gas speed up to whatever then let go of the gas and it will resume where it was set at.

Also, i'm not sure what kinda beater *** cars you guys drive, but mine has a "resume" button. So i can "cancel" the cruise, then hit "resume" and it gets back going exactly where it was set at.

Last edited by Erat; 02-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #50
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 617
Total Cats: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
I'm in a part of Texas West of DFW. I must say, drivers here are darn courteous. There also aren't many of them, and the roads are mostly two lanes, fast and go through some pretty country. Everybody likes to drive fast when they can. Sometimes they can't because they're towing a tractor or livestock, etc. In those cases, if they notice you coming up and see that you can't make the pass (oncoming traffic, double yellow, whatever), they literally pull over as far as the asphalt will let them to let you by. Even if you're in a Miata.
I'm ecstatic on the occasions when I'm on a curvy back road or mountain pass and the vehicle in front, especially a trucker, is kind enough to pull over and let me continue my spirited driving. They do it even without experiencing tailgating. By some miracle, they have good situational awareness and act accordingly, well beyond any obligations.

It literally makes my day and improves my view on humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
On the topic of egos, I drive mostly rural roads. If I pass a pickup truck in the Miata the odds are high that the driver of the truck will speed up and ride my *** as if to send me a message. (What message?)
I've yet to experience the anecdotal a-hole pickup truck driver scenario in rural areas and I drive them frequently
petrolmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
I'm in a part of Texas West of DFW. I must say, drivers here are darn courteous. There also aren't many of them, and the roads are mostly two lanes, fast and go through some pretty country. Everybody likes to drive fast when they can.
I occasionally make the drive down to the Southwest Gulf Coast of Florida. Without fail, I-4 (East-West from Orlando to Tampa) is full of people that are completely oblivious to others/have no concept of lane courtesy/are too self-important to adjust their driving to accommodate anyone else (aka "I'M DOING THE SPEED LIMIT ALREADY! GO **** YOURSELF!").

However, I-75 (North-South) is much more what I imagine major highways in Europe are like. You still have to do the occasional lane dance, but there are way more people that actually respect others and do not place their own importance above everyone else.




Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #52
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,436
Total Cats: 58
Default

I'm going to rant for a second on a similar theme.

How about the right lane campers that don't move the hell out of the way to let people merge...when the left lanes are WIDE OPEN! Some bitch blasted her horn at me today when I sped up and had to cross the white lines at the very end of an on-ramp because there was a chain of three ******* cars camping in the right lane, and none of them would let me in. The left lane had literally no cars in it for a half mile on either side. I was ready to smack-a-ho.
Enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #53
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Why are you bitching at the camper when the cars behind her should have passed her instead of ride her ***?
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #54
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,198
Total Cats: 260
Default


i accept you
Attached Thumbnails
LOL @left lane campers while I was driving a truck-catoma-tent-review-pic.jpg  
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM
01-05 Fab9 PNP COPs (used) FrankB Miata parts for sale/trade 6 09-30-2015 12:48 PM
Odd Steering issue interestedofold Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 09-29-2015 02:42 PM
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.