MT Smack Talking - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 1,990
Total Cats: 9
Default MT Smack Talking

Funny read. Surprised no one mentioned or saw this:

http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/in...c,14771.0.html
kenzo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: las vegas
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 0
Default

mad **** talkers lets **** with them
blue turbo mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Junior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South of Houston, Texas
Posts: 329
Total Cats: 0
Default

mikef85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Let them talk. If any of you go over there specifically to start ****, I will ban you from here. This is my promise to you.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Longs, SC
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennB;
Of course, one of them will find this thread, link it and they'll all make fun of us. That's what they do with M.net all day. Not that I post on M.net, I fit in even less over there but still.. there are better things to do with my time than scan that board for things to make fun of.
Are we really that predictable?
icantthink4155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,790
Total Cats: 128
Default

Bahahahhaa! I'm good friends w/ the guy that started the thread.... I'll have to rough him up a little bit for you guys.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 1,927
Total Cats: 5
Default

I'm not sure why an MSM guy would come here anyway. Then again, not sure why a swap guy would hang out here with you MFers.

Frank
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: las vegas
Posts: 203
Total Cats: 0
Default

i think its funny tho

but what they don't get is its still miatas new or old

**** it two tears in a bucket
blue turbo mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
m2cupcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,236
Total Cats: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennB;
Of course, one of them will find this thread, link it and they'll all make fun of us. That's what they do with M.net all day. Not that I post on M.net, I fit in even less over there but still.. there are better things to do with my time than scan that board for things to make fun of.
definitely directed at doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Then again, not sure why a swap guy would hang out here with you MFers.
Surely it's to justify all the time and money you're dumping into your car in an effort to make it better than a turbo four. OTOH you may be having turbo four withdraw.
m2cupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Why is it that the one's who say they don't care, seem to be so bent?
Sure, forums are a good way to meet people and get info.
But, a fraternal type atomosphere becomes more apparent and almost warranted with an elitist type of group.
I've been to many Miata related forums, and I chose this one strictly for the knowledge that is available.
"Look, Listen, and Learn"...

Brain.....I thought your postings were tactful and without malice.
But, what did they do? Turn right around and bash what they were claiming they weren't.

I'd rather be a Junkyard Hooligan anyday, if that's what it is that is LIVIN'.
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Let them talk. If any of you go over there specifically to start ****, I will ban you from here. This is my promise to you.
if the fishman had a policy like that, we'd all be banned for life.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

I find it funny that anyone that drives a miata (of any kind) would have an elitest attitude. Hell many would say people here have an elitist attitude. I agree the person that made the orginal post was wasting time, I actually laughed when I read it, he meant well. But, no matter what I drive, and no matter how it is assembled, there are a lot of people on this site that sit back and wait for something to make fun of. Like the "your sentence structure is off" guy, or the "you're new so you don't know how the internet or message boards work" types. Some people that buy miatas have built other cars, so that doesn't make them idiots, just unfamiliar with miatas. I use both sites for different reasons. MSM's already have a turbo, so there is a lot less to DYI, no need to look down on people because they don't build their cars from scratch. I here the same on some mustang sites...if you don't turn all the wrenches yourself you are not a worth owner. For years I turned my own wrenches and still do, but sometimes people don't have the time or inclination to do it themselves, it doesn't make them idiots.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #13
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
if the fishman had a policy like that, we'd all be banned for life.
Aren't you sick of the "zOMG Luk at what this m.net RTARD wrote. He used a little a instead of a big A. Improprz spellungs FTL."
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

The improper grammar crap does get annoying.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default

cant we all just get along....
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #16
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
cant we all just get along....

Seems like a reasonable request
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msydnor View Post
Seems like a reasonable request

It's not gay to watch another man ********** is it?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Newbsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,304
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msydnor View Post
I find it funny that anyone that drives a miata (of any kind) would have an elitest attitude. Hell many would say people here have an elitist attitude. I agree the person that made the orginal post was wasting time, I actually laughed when I read it, he meant well. But, no matter what I drive, and no matter how it is assembled, there are a lot of people on this site that sit back and wait for something to make fun of. Like the "your sentence structure is off" guy, or the "you're new so you don't know how the internet or message boards work" types. Some people that buy miatas have built other cars, so that doesn't make them idiots, just unfamiliar with miatas. I use both sites for different reasons. MSM's already have a turbo, so there is a lot less to DYI, no need to look down on people because they don't build their cars from scratch. I here the same on some mustang sites...if you don't turn all the wrenches yourself you are not a worth owner. For years I turned my own wrenches and still do, but sometimes people don't have the time or inclination to do it themselves, it doesn't make them idiots.
It makes them bolt-on owners. That's fantastic, and that is for them to decide. A MSM has a turbo that responds well to bolt-ons. Does that mean one with bolt-ons is on the same level as one that is fully built, stroked, and running a 2871/3071 or something of that size? Hardly. That's like saying my calculator is on par with a computer. That is like saying a 250 ninja is the same as owning a 1100. Do you have as much knowledge as the person who has built the motor? Odds are not likely. Sure, the basics are the same, but they have most likely found little tidbits of information you do not possess from building that motor/setup themselves. That information will most likely help the next individual who attempts to build a similar setup. But rest assured friend, when we need advice on what manual boost controller, or pre-fabricated downpipe to buy, we will value your input.
Newbsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

msydnor, why are you playing both sides?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #20
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Aren't you sick of the "zOMG Luk at what this m.net RTARD wrote. He used a little a instead of a big A. Improprz spellungs FTL."
i read those threads, but they dont give me a boner.

I also read that whole thread. i didn't feel compelled to comment with or without your ban threat.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission Heat Shield Thread patsmx5 General Miata Chat 46 06-06-2016 11:27 AM
Momo Supercup seat jpreston Miata parts for sale/trade 2 05-17-2016 01:51 AM
New 1st generation miata Owner (southwest PA) mtpratt32 Meet and Greet 3 09-24-2015 10:42 PM
Worm drive clamps are better than t-bolt clamps aidandj Insert BS here 80 09-18-2015 08:19 PM
Which moderator should I talk to? unplugged92 Meet and Greet 4 09-16-2015 07:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.