So, how fast have you had your Miata? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #41
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 165
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Next time check your facts before making *** hat statements that damage your own integrity, instead of sniffing that powder and taking a hit. Douche.
x2! someone pissed in his KIX for sure
scandmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #42
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Are you ******* high? What the hell is all that, it made no sense to me.

Im 20, happily married with no children, grew up privileged, been deployed over seas in Kuwait and Kandahar as an aerial transporter, and now a reservist in the USAF and working as a vinyl specialist at a sign and design shop.

FYI... I dont even know what club roadster is, so... fail. Next time check your facts before making *** hat statements that damage your own integrity, instead of sniffing that powder and taking a hit. Douche.
I don't know, but I'm not really sure where you got off with your first post.

People generally don't take that much offense unless they're insecure about something themselves.

He didn't even quote you...so it looks like you picked this fight.

No one here is judging your whole life (or at least we weren't) for something so trivial. He made a blanket statement about not making the innocent pay for our shenanigan, advice we should all heed.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #43
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandmx5 View Post
x2! someone pissed in his KIX for sure
Wow...what's with the cocksure newbs?

Forum etiquette please. Go make a MeetnGreet thread and read around a bit before you start picking fights with senior members.

If you actually read the first page, Jacob didn't call Pen2 out...Pen2 called himself out.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

When my speedometer is actually working (gone through 2 cables and have gone without a speedometer for more of the two years I have had it than I have with one) I did ~115 with the top down and another time about 120 with top up, both times were early AM interstate on the way home from work with music blasting like a fool. And both times needless to say it took a while

This Miata is the slowest of the 5 or 6 cars I have owned, and some of my other cars weren't exactly rockets. Surprisingly the fastest I have ever gone in one of my cars was the ricer Honda. My 95 Prelude was pretty much maxed out at about 150-155, speedometer pegged at 140 so I was going by RPM and slightly larger diameter tires.

I don't have the ***** to go that fast anymore though. Lately the fastest I go is moving along with the dumb *** people on the interstate running about 85, maybe 90. Even that fast in the Miata is tough to maintain. Low HP piece of ****.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #45
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

I've been faster stock than turboed. Maybe 130 turboed and to about 6500 RPM in 6th which is um 140 or so? When I hit 140, I stuck my left arm straight out the window and my passenger stuck her right arm straight out her window. Together, our arms generated some terrific lift. First, the front wheels rose off the ground about 4 inches and then the rear wheels came up about an inch or two. At that point, the car lost speed of course, and settled back down. A seagull was flying next to us, (one of those fast ones with a racy stripe) and it looked pretty surprised! I also recall us passing a cop- underneath of us(!). I had hit the N20 at 140mph and that got us at least 10 feet off the ground which was just enough to clear his light bar. I was 14 at the time though, and working for the European government so I had diplomatic immunity...
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
Are you ******* high? What the hell is all that, it made no sense to me.

Im 20, happily married with no children, grew up privileged, been deployed over seas in Kuwait and Kandahar as an aerial transporter, and now a reservist in the USAF and working as a vinyl specialist at a sign and design shop.

FYI... I dont even know what club roadster is, so... fail. Next time check your facts before making *** hat statements that damage your own integrity, instead of sniffing that powder and taking a hit. Douche.
cool story bro
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #47
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

WTF is the point, son? Miatas are neither fast nor quick without a power adder (and we aren't talking about a K&N, bubba). And these cars are gear limited when you do have one. This is exactly the type of question an immature teenage boy asks about any car with perceived sportiness. Your mom's Camry will outrun the Miata from a stoplight and walk away from it on the top end. I know this won't stop your testosterone from going squirt, squirt, squirt, but you've got a faggy little slow-*** car that can out corner and out brake a used Altima, but probably won't outrun it unless it contains at least two fat girls and their big-assed momma.

Is a Kia Spectra known for being a fast car? You may think I'm just trying to burst your bubble, but the Miata uses the same engine as the Spectra. And I'm pretty sure I can pull the Miata on a trailer behind my pickup truck faster than it will go on its own. That's just reality.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #48
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 165
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
Wow...what's with the cocksure newbs?

Forum etiquette please. Go make a MeetnGreet thread and read around a bit before you start picking fights with senior members.
wow cocksure senior members that don't know how to read around a bit before they start calling out NEWB's
how about taking a look here:


https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t36582/
scandmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
WTF is the point, son? Miatas are neither fast nor quick without a power adder (and we aren't talking about a K&N, bubba). And these cars are gear limited when you do have one. This is exactly the type of question an immature teenage boy asks about any car with perceived sportiness. Your mom's Camry will outrun the Miata from a stoplight and walk away from it on the top end. I know this won't stop your testosterone from going squirt, squirt, squirt, but you've got a faggy little slow-*** car that can out corner and out brake a used Altima, but probably won't outrun it unless it contains at least two fat girls and their big-assed momma.

Is a Kia Spectra known for being a fast car? You may think I'm just trying to burst your bubble, but the Miata uses the same engine as the Spectra. And I'm pretty sure I can pull the Miata on a trailer behind my pickup truck faster than it will go on its own. That's just reality.
You're a funny mother ******!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

I know he didnt call me out, but he did refer to me as ignorantly young, which I was just putting my foot down. I have made mistakes in this miata when I turned 16, so its quite annoying to read such statements, so it is my fault I have a short fuse about this topic. But when he makes a volitle and slandish post where family is involved, its where it crosses the respect boundry. I never stated anything that was offensive toward him, since there was a chance that it wasnt directed toward me, and alot of people do not read bio facts in forums. I am sorry if it caused a stir, but even in the military and workplace, respect is key.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #51
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandmx5 View Post
wow cocksure senior members that don't know how to read around a bit before they start calling out NEWB's
how about taking a look here:


https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t36582/
My bad...missed it.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #52
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

Penguin and Scand. Looks like you guys'll fit in just fine around here!
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #53
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 2,476
Total Cats: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
I've gotta agree with doppelganger. When i'm doing any kind of performance driving I have no time to look at gauges.

That being said, I hit limiter in 4th then shifted to 5th and accelerated a little bit longer before braking. 115 perhaps?

I've looked down and seen the needle well past the 140mph mark. The speedo is a bit optimistic at those speeds though. I have passed cars with there GPS indicating 145mph however and I have been past 7000 rpm in 5th with my 5 speed 3.909 combo which would put me somewhere between 150 and 155. bouncing off the 7400 rpm reve limiter would be abut 159.

The last transmission I scattered internals on went at abut 6500 rpm in 5th gear just before a no lift turn.

Bob
bbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #54
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
I know he didnt call me out, but he did refer to me as ignorantly young, which I was just putting my foot down. I have made mistakes in this miata when I turned 16, so its quite annoying to read such statements, so it is my fault I have a short fuse about this topic. But when he makes a volitle and slandish post where family is involved, its where it crosses the respect boundry. I never stated anything that was offensive toward him, since there was a chance that it wasnt directed toward me, and alot of people do not read bio facts in forums. I am sorry if it caused a stir, but even in the military and workplace, respect is key.
You sure as hell will have a GREAT!! time in here... "putting my foot down" Is the Internet go get laid and take chill pill
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #55
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 165
Total Cats: 0
Default

back on topic
i had mine a few notches past the 130 mark
though not sure how accurate stock gauges are
i will say it took a loooong time
can't wait for FI!!!
scandmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #56
Guest
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vaughan, On, Canada
Posts: 1,092
Total Cats: 0
Default

136mph in the 1/4 mile
M-Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #57
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Renton
Posts: 32
Total Cats: 0
Default

Not sure on speed but 5 gear 5000rpm. There was some white stuff all over the road. I was over taken by a cj-5.
90GTK450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #58
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 165
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTK450 View Post
Not sure on speed but 5 gear 5000rpm. There was some white stuff all over the road. I was over taken by a cj-5.
sadly i believe it
i think i was over taken by a Windstar
scandmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #59
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,690
Total Cats: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
You sure as hell will have a GREAT!! time in here... "putting my foot down" Is the Internet go get laid and take chill pill
lol fine, its more of a smack on the keyboard...


If they internet can get laid then we have issues... lol
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #60
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,118
Total Cats: 44
Default

Was chasing some local bikes one late after noon on foothills parkway (near the dragon) and theres a downhill section we got pretty fast on. Stopped at a gas station and the bike that was running behind me said we hit 135. I knew we were going pretty quick because when I was braking it car felt a bit different than the normal 95ish to 60 on that road.
flier129 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.