Summit Point Raceway Video - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
Total Cats: 0
Default Summit Point Raceway Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS-Xbu3V2yM

madd drifting on easter sunday, enjoy!

Btw my diff broke on the skid pad, but i just picked up an rx7 diff for $25
rappadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,877
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

how many diffs was this now? 3-4?

you silly guy....i told you do do the swap in the first place :gay: nice vid, looks like you're getting better.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

Looks good to me. Wish we had a place like that around here to go practice like that.
What's your primary drift technique? Clutch kicks, faint? Hell i have no idea what i'm talking about, cool stuff. I'd rather race that track but i can see how that would be fun.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
how many diffs was this now? 3-4?

you silly guy....i told you do do the swap in the first place :gay: nice vid, looks like you're getting better.
3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjernigan View Post
What's your primary drift technique? Clutch kicks, faint? Hell i have no idea what i'm talking about, cool stuff. I'd rather race that track but i can see how that would be fun.
clutch kick, you can hear the sudden jump in rpm's some for ex. a big left hand sweeper stay on the inside b4 the corner and cut right then left (fient) to powering around the corner.
Its really really fun and the videos make it seem slow, but its a hand full.

Check www.driftdatabase.com for more pics/vids
rappadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

slow nothin, the in-car cam shows you doin some real whippin with the steering wheel.

so what's the story on SP for drifting? do you just rent out the track? seems like there weren't many people there and it was pretty lax as far as staff... it'd be fun to have a no-pressure drift day. oh and to learn how first.

matt
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
akaryrye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,526
Total Cats: 0
Default

That looks fun, but you would have soooo much more control with an rx7 diff, expecially if you hella shimmed it out for more lock.
akaryrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
slow nothin, the in-car cam shows you doin some real whippin with the steering wheel.

so what's the story on SP for drifting? do you just rent out the track? seems like there weren't many people there and it was pretty lax as far as staff... it'd be fun to have a no-pressure drift day. oh and to learn how first.

matt
check www.driftnirvana.com Thats like the off site for the drifting and FATT events. its generally $150 for all day. And its the best time/place to learn. So much track time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryrye View Post
That looks fun, but you would have soooo much more control with an rx7 diff, expecially if you hella shimmed it out for more lock.
...i had a welded 1.6 in there...
rappadan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 12-13-2017 10:04 PM
SimExperience fiberglass race seat in Chicago area chris101 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-09-2015 10:08 AM
Missing/knock at idle, can someone point me in the right direction? Mikel MEGAsquirt 4 09-28-2015 05:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.