tђ ๓tl tђг๔ - Page 6 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

tђ ๓tl tђг๔

Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
  #101  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kauai, HI
Posts: 6,207
Total Cats: 209
Default

Am watching an awesome documentary right now on the history of the electric guitar... Smithsonian Channel is ****. Tons of stuff I didn't know, even non-music dudes will geek out. Very cool stuff. Highly recommended.

Electrified: The Guitar Revolution - Smithsonian Channel

By the way... I pay $170 a month for mega-pack-all-included FIOS. Worth every ******* penny.
samnavy is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 03:19 PM
  #102  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Bringing it back! My kind of metal. Driving drums, a little splash of guitar and electronic filling in the rest.

NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #103  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,116
Total Cats: 33
Default

Anybody in the Pittsburgh area like Chimaira?
My band will be playing with them February 5th. Tickets are $20 at the door, $18 Pre show... if you are interested, i can get you tickets for $10 each.

The Show is at the Altar Bar

It is Chimaira, Iwrestledabearonce, Fit For an Autopsy, and us.







We recently played with Otep and Stolen Babies as well... I would have posted it, but i forgot this thread existed. lmao
supercooper is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 05:23 PM
  #104  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,116
Total Cats: 33
Default

Oh, and if you Buy 2, ill give you a 3rd one free. lol
Thats 3 tickets for the price of 1.
supercooper is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 11:27 PM
  #105  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

This one just brought me back to the 90's. Love this song.

NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 AM
  #106  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Onyxyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 729
Total Cats: 62
Default

Heh didn't realize we had a metal thread. I was at that MDF with godflesh and electric wizard that was posted further up in the thread, it was excellent.

If you haven't heard godflesh, you probably should.

Onyxyth is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:14 AM
  #107  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,537
Total Cats: 2,193
Default

I just won the thread:



Braineack is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM
  #108  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default

This is worse than standard Japanese pop music. So these chicks just run around and sing over a band playing generic metal rifts/drums? lol

edit: proper female lead vocalist:


****, i don't even like this band but at least it's more "real" than that fake *** japanese pop culture ****.


Last edited by Fireindc; 03-06-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
  #109  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,537
Total Cats: 2,193
Default

Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
This is worse than standard Japanese pop music. So these chicks just run around and sing over a band playing generic metal rifts/drums? lol
I thought death metal was all about being a 12-yo pop-star, singing about chocolate, and choreography?!

I would see Babymetal if they toured the US.


a proper female vocalist shouldnt should like every other screamo male vocalist with no talent.

a proper female vocalist, should have talent:





she shouldn't be the voice of Cookie Monster.

Last edited by Braineack; 03-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
  #110  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,537
Total Cats: 2,193
Default

Ha, this popped up on yt for me:


I thought it was clever and well done.
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:46 PM
  #111  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I thought death metal was all about being a 12-yo pop-star, singing about chocolate, and choreography?!

I would see Babymetal if they toured the US.


a proper female vocalist shouldnt should like every other screamo male vocalist with no talent.

a proper female vocalist, should have talent:





she shouldn't be the voice of Cookie Monster.
I actually completely agree. I love nightwish personally, but arch enemy is FAR from screamo.

Anyways I guess my point is that those little japanese girls are the farthest thing from metal. Metal is about the band, not just the singer(s), and those pop vocals are a disgrace.

The videos you posted are indeed very, _\m/
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:53 PM
  #112  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,537
Total Cats: 2,193
Default

no **** it's far from metal. it was a joke.

I'd still go see them. the music itself aint half bad.
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 01:58 PM
  #113  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
no **** it's far from metal. it was a joke.

I'd still go see them. the music itself aint half bad.
WELL, THIS THREAD IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

This, is ******* badass (imo):

Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
  #114  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 75
Total Cats: -1
Default

I'll make some contributions into this thread tonight. Place needs some redemption after seeing iwrestledabearoncewithmyvagina. Currently jamming some Isis, although I'm mainly a proggy woggy guy.
PHEOX is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:54 PM
  #115  
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (24)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,132
Total Cats: 252
Default

viperormiata is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:19 PM
  #116  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
Anyways I guess my point is that those little japanese girls are the farthest thing from metal. Metal is about the band, not just the singer(s), and those pop vocals are a disgrace.
Oh? What a very unmetal thing to say. Who made you the ambassador to metal? Everyone has different tastes in music. Not my cup of tea for serious listening, but I've heard a few of their songs that I enjoyed and found to be fun and different.

PS, ******* ORIGIN!!! ^

NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM
  #117  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Oh? Who made you the ambassador to metal? Everyone has different tastes in music. Not my cup of tea for serious listening, but I've heard a few of their songs that I enjoyed and found to be fun and different.
lol, dude it's pop music. I'm not saying it it's not catchy and whatnot, but in the first video you can't even see a band on stage. is there even a band? or are they singing to pre recorded music?

Edit: re-watched it, there is in fact a band. However they are basically behind the scenes jamming out with generic rifts while these pop singers prance around all cute like in the spotlight. Garbage.

We can put justin beiber singing over some metal riffs and call that metal too while we're at it.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 PM
  #118  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post

We can put justin beiber singing over some metal riffs and call that metal too while we're at it.
That would be awesome! A real reason to send cops to kick his ***.

I'm not arguing that it isn't gimmicky and not traditionally what you would call metal, but it does have a metal component, even if it's generic. It's fun, and some of their songs are actually pretty good. I just think you are trying too hard to keep metal in this tight little box. I think it should be more open to interpretation and playing around with different sounds. A lot of my favorite metal sounds a bit out of the box.

And honestly, the two younger girls should go away. The older lead singer is actually not too bad for the music. All the two younger girls do it dance around and look cute and make unnecessary noise.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:36 PM
  #119  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
That would be awesome! A real reason to send cops to kick his ***.

I'm not arguing that it isn't gimmicky and not traditionally what you would call metal, but it does have a metal component, even if it's generic. It's fun, and some of their songs are actually pretty good. I just think you are trying too hard to keep metal in this tight little box. I think it should be more open to interpretation and playing around with different sounds. A lot of my favorite metal sounds a bit out of the box.

And honestly, the two younger girls should go away. The older lead singer is actually not too bad for the music. All the two younger girls do it dance around and look cute and make unnecessary noise.
Ah yeah, i see where you are coming from. I guess i'm being too harsh, i'm actually pretty open minded with my metal usually. Anything from death metal to metalcore.

Anyways, i actually like this song (and this band, now with their new singer at least, bring on the hate). This video is pretty "out of the box":

Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:39 PM
  #120  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,729
Total Cats: 274
Default




Last edited by Fireindc; 03-07-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Fireindc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.