What do you guys think of Garys Thread? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
:(
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default What do you guys think of Garys Thread?

https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10993
Do you guys think any good will come of this i hope it does but ultimatley i think it will degrade. Gord seems to be pretty deffensive about Tom in his posts i wonder if that was why he is no longer a mod?
make mistake here is the real URL
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=265024

Last edited by magnamx-5; 01-18-2008 at 12:34 PM.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Good post about a dual feed fuel rail.

Put the crack pipe down.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,868
Total Cats: 1,790
Default



wrong link dude.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

so now there's someone bitching about this forum...awesome. Maybe if he didn't go into the BS forum, he'd get what he's looking for.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

It left a salty taste in my mouth. :P LMFAO.

See post

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.p...1&postcount=33

LOL and this is priceless.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.p...4&postcount=42

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

to simply solve gary's FI problem, he really should have banned most of you guys ages ago. he hasn't been enforcing his own rules.
y8s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
to simply solve gary's FI problem, he really should have banned most of you guys ages ago. he hasn't been enforcing his own rules.
Yep!
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

My intention was to stay away from this topic and not "ruffle any feathers". I personally have nothing but praise for the way you "youngsters" at mt.net have treated me. You've been more than fair with me even though I double and (in some cases) triple your ages.

I can't understand what is the thing that rattles you guys so much about the Pc-pro. I did come to the conclusion a long time ago that you guys were right when arguing about going with a stronger EMS. You guys have to realize that there are a lot of older guys (like me) who don't much care about the hassles and frustrations of going the DIY route. Take it from me or ask any older member of your family; it is difficult for people my age to change their set ways as well as to eat some (what do you guys call it?) crow? and ask about issues we don't have a clue about to people much younger than us but in the end, we (the different Miata owners) reach our own conclusions and act accordingly.

You will not find anyone with less mechanical inclination than me. I mean no one! but still when I began following the FI path (BTW, at that time I was reading F1 instead of FI and had to be corrected by a pm sent by another fellow m.net member about what it even meant!) I was convinced that my path would take me the supercharger route. I don't autox, nor do I plan to ever do so but I thought that tuning any FI car in such a place as where I live was going to be a real challenge. In the end I decided to go the DIY route and I must say I'm very pleased with my decision.

I could not be more appreciative of the assistance you guys have provided me but I must say on FFS behalf; I personally like Tom and think he has a market niche to defend. There are indeed fellow miata owners who are satisfied with their ffs supercharged cars.

When you know you're right about something you don't have to scream it. Trust me I know and you guys are on the right track.

Yours is a smaller community but I like the fact that when you tackle an issue about your cars you always get to some conclusions; whether I or anyone else may agree with those is not the issue. The issue is that your discussions usually end up helping those who don't know about things mechanical a tenth of what some of you guys know.

Having said all this, I would only add one small detail; mt.net and m.net are 2 very different communities which is fine and has only helped me immensely along the way. There's room for both forums. I for one thank both. In the end, would you guys imagine what I could've done to my own car if I had not been lucky enough to find both forums?

If I've offended anyone please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Rafa
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,868
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

god if you could only post pictures there....

an "internet is serious business" image would be perfect.

worth posting in a multimedia section and linking the thread
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

I think we should all have miataturbo.net in our sigs on that forum but thats just my opinion.
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

you can't go wrong with serious cat.

Last edited by y8s; 01-12-2009 at 01:37 PM.
y8s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Gary didn't drop the hammer because of the vendor that was being "abused".
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

You are far to nice and polite. Please tell someone to **** off or something.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
My intention was to stay away from this topic and not "ruffle any feathers". I personally have nothing but praise for the way you "youngsters" at mt.net have treated me. You've been more than fair with me even though I double and (in some cases) triple your ages.

I can't understand what is the thing that rattles you guys so much about the Pc-pro. I did come to the conclusion a long time ago that you guys were right when arguing about going with a stronger EMS. You guys have to realize that there are a lot of older guys (like me) who don't much care about the hassles and frustrations of going the DIY route. Take it from me or ask any older member of your family; it is difficult for people my age to change their set ways as well as to eat some (what do you guys call it?) crow? and ask about issues we don't have a clue about to people much younger than us but in the end, we (the different Miata owners) reach our own conclusions and act accordingly.

You will not find anyone with less mechanical inclination than me. I mean no one! but still when I began following the FI path (BTW, at that time I was reading F1 instead of FI and had to be corrected by a pm sent by another fellow m.net member about what it even meant!) I was convinced that my path would take me the supercharger route. I don't autox, nor do I plan to ever do so but I thought that tuning any FI car in such a place as where I live was going to be a real challenge. In the end I decided to go the DIY route and I must say I'm very pleased with my decision.

I could not be more appreciative of the assistance you guys have provided me but I must say on FFS behalf; I personally like Tom and think he has a market niche to defend. There are indeed fellow miata owners who are satisfied with their ffs supercharged cars.

When you know you're right about something you don't have to scream it. Trust me I know and you guys are on the right track.

Yours is a smaller community but I like the fact that when you tackle an issue about your cars you always get to some conclusions; whether I or anyone else may agree with those is not the issue. The issue is that your discussions usually end up helping those who don't know about things mechanical a tenth of what some of you guys know.

Having said all this, I would only add one small detail; mt.net and m.net are 2 very different communities which is fine and has only helped me immensely along the way. There's room for both forums. I for one thank both. In the end, would you guys imagine what I could've done to my own car if I had not been lucky enough to find both forums?

If I've offended anyone please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Rafa
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
You are far to nice and polite. Please tell someone to **** off or something.
And this is why I gladly pay to be a "subscribing member" hahaha!

you guys are something else!:gay:

Thanks but no way! I still know **** about this turbo thing.
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Well I gave my opinion, I dont give a crap if they ban me. They tried before, maybe this time they will succeed.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 419
Total Cats: 9
Default

You guys are a bunch of f'ing ******. I love it!

Just think how much less productive I've been at work since I found this forum.

I do agree with Spaniard. I think Tom and his PC pros have their place in the Miata community. Are they as good as any stand alone? No way. But they do offer a simple solution for the less knowledgeable person. He offers a plug and play solution. It's not the route I or many of you would ever choose, but it's a solution. It's been proven that there is a cheaper, better solution, but it takes knowledge that a lot of people don't and will never have.

After a lot of research, I decided to go SC and with a modified base FFS kit. The mechanics of his kits are top notch, and being a ME I am kinda picky when it comes to fabricated parts. My car spends about 90% of its time on an autocross course and I felt the true coldside was the best solution for what I do. If I were driving this as a DD, toy, or track car, I would have gone turbo no questions asked.

I also do question why some of you haven't been suspended or banned from m.net. Although I really do enjoy reading when you are pushing the envelope.
fourwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

Is the issue with the PC-Pro the product or the marketing of it? There is a huge distinction. One deserves mockery, the other not so much.

Who am I kidding, its all about the handlebar mustache.
jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,868
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

the issue really isnt the PC Pro itself, it's how a particular guy happens to market it and utilize it.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #20
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

I would soooo love to get into that thread, but it's not appropriate for me to do so anymore.

Though I have had some interesting PM exchange with Gary over the past week.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 Yesterday 10:04 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.