Why do you hate M.net? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

For a guy that is on there 24/7 like Cat, he has sure been markedly absent in that thread all evening.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #62
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 1,927
Total Cats: 5
Default

Ed certainly expounded on my post. I forgot I had posted in that thread.

I wonder how long ZX-Tex' "*****" comment will stick around.

Frank
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,889
Total Cats: 28
Default

Yeah I had put *****, but figured that was WAY too racy for m.net

Stein is right, the thread did get very quiet. I think we might be on the verge of seeing a real-time example of some of the m.net characteristics we have been discussing.

Last edited by ZX-Tex; 07-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.
ZX-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #64
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,889
Total Cats: 28
Default

Ha! I got pen(is)alized. My PM from a m.n mod:

****************************************
You have received an infraction at MX-5 Miata Forum
Dear ZX-Tex,

You have received an infraction at MX-5 Miata Forum.

Reason: Personal attack
-------
FYI... I have deleted your message in the Audio forum (the one in which you call Catman an elitist *****). First of all, simply changing the word from the "pr" word to ***** doesn't change what you are saying. It's still profane and it's a personal attack, as is the rest of your message.

Please refrain from such posts in the future. Debate and discuss the ideas and opinions, do not attack the person.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Mark
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
How Many Speakers - MX-5 Miata Forum
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman
Back when I played professionally I refused to play in a band that used Peavey.
Wow... I just have to say that even I did not think you were truly that much of an elitist *****. When you refused to play, were you were walking into a studio to record something with Alan Parsons at the helm, or were you just refusing to play a live gig at some bar somewhere (where the SQ difference between a Peavey and something 'nicer' is probably meaningless). That is too bad for you, because that kind of attitude would probably keep you from jamming with some real talented musicians who did not have the $$ or the need for the best equipment, and who just want to make music.

Or maybe they were just a sucky band, and you used your equipment snobbery as a convenient excuse to bail.
All the best,
MX-5 Miata Forum

**************************************************

I wonder how many points Catman will be penalized for being a douche? It is interesting that the mod has read this thread here, due to the comment about changing ***** (which he referred to as 'pr') to *****.
Cool. I got an infraction. That made my day
ZX-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #65
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,577
Total Cats: -2
Default

He ******* deleted my "pwnd" are you serious?

there is the reason i hate m.net
disturbedfan121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
He ******* deleted my "pwnd"

Geez, everything you said in that post was true!
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #67
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Today, 22:03 #29
disturbedfan121
Third gear


Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Freehold/Howell,NJ
Posts: 368
seriously? you deleted the word pwnd? cause thats all my post said, didn't attack anyone as you claim.

what was the reason for deleting my post? I would like a good reason.
__________________
1990 classic red hardtop, tokico suspension, "r" package rear lip, carbon fiber hood, new motor and BOOST <3

You are going to get a vacation!!!
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

How G rated does m.net need to be anyway? *****, *****, and pwn are forbidden words? Really? Surely a happy medium can be struck between John McClane and Ned Flanders.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Incline Village, NV
Posts: 2,073
Total Cats: 5
Default

The only thing that has really bummed me out was having a WTB in my signature be removed. It would be nice, so when you post people can see that your looking for something. Alot of the times people dont check the WTB section, but they may have parts lying around in the garage. WTB ads in signatures is a nice thing IMO.
thesnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #70
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,889
Total Cats: 28
Default

Check out my new megahellastylin sig pic. Thanks m.n management!
Really though I had no idea they had a points system until now. Funny stuff.
ZX-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #71
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 604
Total Cats: 0
Default

Am I reading it wrong or does that really say January 19, 2010? Holy hell man.
Cococarbine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #72
Miotta FTW!
iTrader: (24)
 
Splitime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 4,295
Total Cats: 26
Default

I'll check this again at work. But the first thing I can think of is Hobie. I can't believe he is allow to post... let alone moderate. It's like a monkey discussing grammer. The knowledge level just isn't there, but he sure does have a high opinion of himself.
Splitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #73
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,860
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitime View Post
I'll check this again at work. But the first thing I can think of is Hobie. I can't believe he is allow to post... let alone moderate. It's like a monkey discussing grammer. The knowledge level just isn't there, but he sure does have a high opinion of himself.

At least he's nice in person
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #74
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 1,577
Total Cats: -2
Default

Definition for pwned: To be defeated, especially in an extremely humiliating way

As I said in the thread, debate the ideas or opinions, not the personalities. Your one word message WAS a personal attack because it was NOT continuing discussion or debate of the subject or ideas. Rather, it was you telling one member how he was defeated by another member.

Also, a reminder that public criticism of moderator decisions is not acceptable behavior in the forum. If you disagree with a moderator decision, please contact the moderator privately. Or, if you prefer, you can contact the forum owner by clicking the "Contact Us" button at the bottom right corner of any page.

With that in mind, your critical message has been deleted as well.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Mark



^thats what he PM'd me with, and then deleted my message demanding a reason to why it got deleted.
disturbedfan121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #75
Elite AbsurdFlow Member
 
Laur3ns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Enschede, NL
Posts: 2,058
Total Cats: 11
Default

Apart from the all saints mentality, I think the overal quality of posts is lacking an should be moderated more. If I search how to bleed my ABS brakes for example. I will find 400 ******* threads with most saying no more than LRRRLFRF while only a few actually go into the specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
When you have ------y girl car...
Thanks for the new sig quote.
Laur3ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, TX yall
Posts: 849
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnowboarder View Post
The only thing that has really bummed me out was having a WTB in my signature be removed. It would be nice, so when you post people can see that your looking for something. Alot of the times people dont check the WTB section, but they may have parts lying around in the garage. WTB ads in signatures is a nice thing IMO.
Man that's stupid. What part of the rules did they say that violated? They don't allow bumping in WTB section, surly this would remedy the need?

Chris
Miatamaniac92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #77
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
Definition for pwned: To be defeated, especially in an extremely humiliating way

As I said in the thread, debate the ideas or opinions, not the personalities. Your one word message WAS a personal attack because it was NOT continuing discussion or debate of the subject or ideas. Rather, it was you telling one member how he was defeated by another member.

Also, a reminder that public criticism of moderator decisions is not acceptable behavior in the forum. If you disagree with a moderator decision, please contact the moderator privately. Or, if you prefer, you can contact the forum owner by clicking the "Contact Us" button at the bottom right corner of any page.

With that in mind, your critical message has been deleted as well.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Mark



^thats what he PM'd me with, and then deleted my message demanding a reason to why it got deleted.

I would have deleted the "pwnd" too, man. The only reason you posted this was to heckle Catman further. It's the same thing as yelling "FIGHT!" from a crowd while two people are about to go at it in the schoolyard - it just serves to inflame things. Funny here, but not appropriate there.

As far as public mod criticism, you should know by now that we've never allowed that. Most of the mods take pretty well to criticism by PM, as long as you're not a douche about it.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Noob from Orlando Marcdasharq Meet and Greet 2 09-11-2015 01:21 AM
M.net wont let me search "flyin miata aka conservative Miata" ? akaryrye Insert BS here 5 04-29-2007 04:15 AM
other miata website (not m.net savior Insert BS here 10 02-09-2007 12:55 AM
Laugh for the Day! LOLA - 92 Insert BS here 5 01-11-2007 07:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.