Why you should NEVER EVER buy from BEGi - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
You want over the top customer service, you want to pay for it, and you want products that have been tested by what may be thousands, you go to FM.

You want more more cutting edge products and to deal with a smaller shop, with all that goes along with it, you go to Begi.

Let's all remember that we are not dealing with stock, off the shelf parts here.

These aren't really valid/relevant points.
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
These aren't really valid/relevant points.
Obviously since I blathered them, I do think them relevant. Care to explain why they are not?

I'll probably be sorry I got involved with this discussion.
webby459 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #23
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,173
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
Obviously since I blathered them, I do think them relevant. Care to explain why they are not?

I'll probably be sorry I got involved with this discussion.
Everyone usually is.

Thing is: BEGI makes good **** but does whatever the **** they want however the **** they want and takes however much time they need. They are simply way too old to "change their habbits" or improve anything.

SO

You either accept that and still do business with them, or go to someone else. Simple as that.


There has been **** tons of threads about this already.
18psi is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

The issue is over a bad turbo & a warranty, really no more no less.

The fact that FM is larger with more OTS products, and BEGi smaller with more hand-made products shouldn't really change anything. You could say: FM, as a larger company, might have been able to work out a better deal with you. But you should not be able to say: Since you purchased through BEGi, as a small shop, you should not expect good customer service. He should be able to expect good customer service regardless. Now, how each handle a complaint, size might come into play.

How, without experience, would one know that they might have to deal harder/easier with one or the other? Why does that even matter in this particular situation? Whos to say how FM might have handled this? Differently? Probably, but would the end result be the same...dunno.

Quote:
There has been **** tons of threads about this already.
Yes, and most have been about issues that happened in the past. Last time I spoke with Steph (months ago) they had hired a new shop manager to help deal with their load/quality control, so it's not like they are blind to the issue.

As far as them doing "whatever the **** they want, and however long it takes," I'm not exact sure what you mean by whatever they want, but I'm also assuming the customer knows they might be a wait period for somethings and they do make the customer aware that things are built to order.


We are drifting like crazy. Their website clearly states:
Quote:
Warranty: All BEGi items carry a one year warranty. The turbo carries a warranty issued by the manufacturer for 15 days.

Turbo kits are made to order, they are not stocked. The BEGI-S systems typically have a lead time of two weeks. S1,S2, and S3 systems typically have a lead time of four weeks. S4 and S5 systems typically have a lead time of 6 weeks. Upon confirmation of the order, BEGi will charge the customer for half of the turbo kit amount as a deposit. The balance of will be charged upon shipment of the turbo system.
So if you want to discuss it, talk about the actual "issue" on hand.
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,173
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Yeah, I dunno either
Just talking **** and stirring the pot
18psi is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

I read the emails. This guy seriously reminds me of the guy I sold my T25 setup to.

On three different occasions I offered reasonable resolutions, and he kept asking for more, even when I offered what he originally asked for, or a full return/refund, which I never do.

Corky eventually offered this guy what he asked for in the first email, and he still turned it down, and decided he'd just air it out instead of actually continuing to communicate with BEGi. Where he himself left off the ball is in his court. They offered a few other solutions, and he kept asking to be reimbursed for more, incidental, expenses.

Not to mention he was a royal douche, and bounced all around on the subjects of his emails instead of focusing on the real issue.

A company, regardless of size, can only do so much to rectify a situation, and it's impossible when the target keeps moving.
gospeed81 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #27
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Never dealt with BEGi, and I'm not taking sides but... No one forced this guy to take the car to a specialist to have these tests done. Most of them could easily be done by a novice. Funny how BEGi is somehow the bad guy for him having a huge bill for running all these tests... they never told him it had to be done by a specialist.

On the other hand, I don't think BEGi was very tactful in their emails. In my opinion no matter how unreasonable a customer is, there should be a certain level of kindness on the company side. Not to mention their response time was lacking. And Stephanie's excuse (no matter how valid) is not really a good enough reason for the customer to be stuck in limbo for over a week. Pass it off to someone that is working, or let the customer know you will be out of the office.

Either way these threads come up quite often and I'm sure this won't be the last.
FRT_Fun is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

I could post all my issues with various random companies....but it's not worth my time and what benefit will i get?
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #29
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I could post all my issues with various random companies....but it's not worth my time and what benefit will i get?
No ****. Ya'll want to get some angry posts going, let's talk about cell phone companies.
gospeed81 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,173
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

I say we just turn this into a **** thread
18psi is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #31
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Did you know Comcast has a team of people dedicated to surfing the web for complaints about service and go out of their way to solve the issue and get the hot heads from mouthing off?
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #32
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Did you know Comcast has a team of people dedicated to surfing the web for complaints about service and go out of their way to solve the issue and get the hot heads from mouthing off?
Sounds smart.

Did you know Sprint has a retention staff that goes out of their way to not resolve your issue to keep you with the company, then asks their stupid "would you say we've successfully resolved your issue?" question before hanging up when you JUST told them they didn't and that they suck.
gospeed81 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
best post ever

worst thread ever
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Did you know that Verizon tries to retain customers by offering early upgrades that their customers are already eligible for?

I sent in an email about bumping up my New Every 2 date, and got a call back a few days later from a supervisor, who was all happy to tell me that he couldn't change my New Every 2 date, but he could offer me a discounted annual upgrade. This was 16 months into my most recent 2 year renewal.
mgeoffriau is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bell Tuning & Performance
Posts: 1,338
Total Cats: -78
Default

I am sorry, but I would have to say Alex has received good customer service from BEGi. He got answers to his e-mails. Even though his turbo was not technically still under warranty, I went to bat for him (even after the sour attitude) and secured a warranty for his turbo. He received plenty of help trouble shooting from us, to which he even acknowledged in a thread he posted here about it. However, warranty issues have to follow a proper procedure when dealing with other manufacturers. Not my rules, not Corky's rules. Industry standard policies.

The manufacturer knows that we posted "Warranty covered by Manufacturer" on the website. As Alex's turbo was purchased during that time, before things were "clearly stated", the manufacturer and I came to an agreement that they would warranty it, if it tested to be defective. However, they had to have the turbo in hand to test it and/or to warranty it. Alex refused to send it back. When I offered to trade parts to cover the cost of freight, he still refused. Corky and I have done what we feel is fair, right, and ALL that we can possibly do to help him. Without his cooperation, our hands are tied. I am sorry that his location overseas (to us) is an issue, however, I can't help that either. Sort of allowing him to dictate another company's warranty policy, we have done all we can to help him. If he decided to send the turbo back to us, we would still send it in for warranty testing, evaluation, and possible replacement. The "proverbial" ball is in his court.
Stephanie
Stephanie Turner is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

ok
webby459 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

For the interested, a good and rationally worded post over on the 'nutz forum by a dood named Alex Robinson:

"Couple of points....

I'd like to echo what dinkytoy says - Buy cheap, buy twice...you were told and you knew that there was a good chance a chinacharger would lunch itself. Irrespective of what it said on BEGi's website at the time.

Secondly...I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure publication of private correspondence breaches a fair number of privacy laws.

Finally...Having read the correspondence, BEGi were playing largely fair during the first half of the conversation...then through twattery on both sides it escalated into an almighty furore.

Ultimately I'd have taken his offer of sending the turbo back at a cost of 40$ and await the results of the testing. That was a relatively fair offer. Unfortunately what happened is you went off the deep end...and the fact is in 90% of cases, you get a much more satisfactory conclusion if you are level headed and work towards a conclusion. (This is especially true when dealing with Americans)

Anyway, congratulations you now have a car missing a turbo and give it 6 weeks this thread in all it's forms on all it's forums will be dead and buried...and you'll still be out a **** load of money. Rather than attacking BEGi as a whole you would have done better finding a solution, than complaining about a problem.

Also you can be truthful here....do you REALLY keep copies of your temp cache on your computer? Or is that the standard bullshitty empty threat that really never works.

Oh and WeeT doubt it will have any impact on their UK sales, they have no UK distributor..so the people buying are the people that know who they are what they do and they in all honesty won't be opting for a chinacharger, as they will have to go direct to BEGi "
webby459 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #38
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bell Tuning & Performance
Posts: 1,338
Total Cats: -78
Default

I'll be honest - this is the first hint of a Chinese turbo failure. From all indications, it could be a failure, but we won't know until it is tested. There are still so many other factors that can cause issues too. From the reliability standpoint, I'd still put a china-charger on my car. If the turbo is truly bad, it is a 1 out of 75 failure rate. Those are still odds I'd play. The whole point is if it breaks, it is cheap to replace.
Stephanie
Stephanie Turner is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #39
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Mines still running, and everything I touch breaks...
Braineack is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #40
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Turner View Post
I am sorry, but I would have to say Alex has received good customer service from BEGi. He got answers to his e-mails. Even though his turbo was not technically still under warranty, I went to bat for him (even after the sour attitude) and secured a warranty for his turbo. He received plenty of help trouble shooting from us, to which he even acknowledged in a thread he posted here about it. However, warranty issues have to follow a proper procedure when dealing with other manufacturers. Not my rules, not Corky's rules. Industry standard policies.

The manufacturer knows that we posted "Warranty covered by Manufacturer" on the website. As Alex's turbo was purchased during that time, before things were "clearly stated", the manufacturer and I came to an agreement that they would warranty it, if it tested to be defective. However, they had to have the turbo in hand to test it and/or to warranty it. Alex refused to send it back. When I offered to trade parts to cover the cost of freight, he still refused. Corky and I have done what we feel is fair, right, and ALL that we can possibly do to help him. Without his cooperation, our hands are tied. I am sorry that his location overseas (to us) is an issue, however, I can't help that either. Sort of allowing him to dictate another company's warranty policy, we have done all we can to help him. If he decided to send the turbo back to us, we would still send it in for warranty testing, evaluation, and possible replacement. The "proverbial" ball is in his court.
Stephanie
I think anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together would have to agree with Stephanie/Corky on this one. It is hassles like this that make companys decline overseas business, and customers like this that screw up nice things for us all in the long run.
magnamx-5 is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.