texas miata challenge 2010 - Page 6 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #101
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Can you change to a street tire and run modified?
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #102
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

i know what you mean. i was thinking what i would have to remove to be in modified. i usually only run 9psi which is 201whp (dynojet) at small tracks. and sometimes run 10psi (215whp) on bigger tracks. even if i run 11-12psi i'm only at 230-240whp. plus like you said, my car is full interior and daily driven and i'm fat so i'm at a disadvantage in unlimited class. but if you think about it, how much weight do you drop taking out the carpet and some plastics? not much. unless you still have airbags, there isn't much weight to be dropped without going crazy and gutting the doors and removing glass, or taking out everything behind the dash like the blower motor, ac controls, etc..
most of the guys are keeping that stuff too. then there's the daily deal. i know i'll be turning my car into more of a dedicated track car throughout the year. so even though i'll be stripping alot of daily type parts, my car would still count as daily. well everyone's gonna claim that point too so that won't matter. i think it would make more sense to give someone a -1 for driving to the track. but if there was something like that, i think it would have to include that you drove on the tires you're competeing with. anyways, just an idea. let's get an event or 2 under our belts to see where everyone's at. we'll have a review and see if rules need to be ammended. i spoke with emilio and that's what they're doing over in cali too. also remember, you don't necessarily have to win a single event to win the championship. if you score consistantly high up the points ladder, you can take the championship home.
and trust me, you will want to win. if we get a good turn out these first 2 events, the company wanting to sponsor the series is offering some great "incentives". possibly more valuable than emilio's championship prizes!!! and you know how awesome they were.

Last edited by spoolin2bars; 12-21-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #103
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Can you change to a street tire and run modified?
17 points went my 6uls come in (xmas from mom =P) and 11 points with street set up. i have 2 sets of tires so i don't have to waste money on new tires ever 6 month.

as for what i mean by a daily / stripped / full interior. any car with all oem cockpit items besides say a seat , shift **** or a wheel while having all airbags, dash and dorr part ect intakes from factory would be a full interior.

daily would be a car with no removed from factory options like ac or something like that.

stripped would be any car with more then 1/2 of oem interior or under the hood removed

not a perfect list but you get the idea.


also think ECU and nos should be removed from "Any external engine mod" and have there own +1. Forced induction should be less then +4, i mean v8 swap is only +2 and puts out more then any bolt on boost.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #104
Elite Member
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 2,409
Total Cats: 19
Default

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to register for the January event. Most everything I do is through club registration, but this one isn't on there. When I clicked register on the NASA website, it says registration is closed.
rharris19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #105
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

i just got a email from 949, they are rewriting some rules for 2010.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #106
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
17 points went my 6uls come in (xmas from mom =P) and 11 points with street set up. i have 2 sets of tires so i don't have to waste money on new tires ever 6 month.

as for what i mean by a daily / stripped / full interior. any car with all oem cockpit items besides say a seat , shift **** or a wheel while having all airbags, dash and dorr part ect intakes from factory would be a full interior.

daily would be a car with no removed from factory options like ac or something like that.

stripped would be any car with more then 1/2 of oem interior or under the hood removed

not a perfect list but you get the idea.


also think ECU and nos should be removed from "Any external engine mod" and have there own +1. Forced induction should be less then +4, i mean v8 swap is only +2 and puts out more then any bolt on boost.
So basically you have a TDR catalog car and you want to run a stock class? Oh yeah, that sounds fair. i have interior in mine, and I'm willing to zip tie several airbags to the interior if I can run that class too.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #107
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

i'm far from the tdr catalog, just running the kit and i think my car is a modifiable car. your car is 4 points from being unlimited with your new 6uls as the system stands now. with your current set up i think your car should be in mod but based on the points system as it is right now it 2 points into unlimited.

as it stands now you can run a spec miata in street class
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #108
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

I have no problem letting spec miata's run in street class with street tires. They are limited by class on the mods and there already at a handicap. I wish they could figure out a handicap system for all the mods and then everyone run in one class? No yes? Like if you have turbo/built motor/swap + 6 seconds, kind of like pax...idk whatever Emilio comes up with will be fine KISS
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #109
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

We're running forced induction on Tein Flex and 15x9's...that's unlimited. Have either one of us ever showed up at a mixed track event and not had the fastest street car in the building?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #110
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,367
Total Cats: 1,331
Default

Can't imagine downgrading my car to run Mod, I have like 21 points or something absurd. lol.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #111
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 7
Default

Is it true that you can order a mcgangbang in Texas as the mcgangbang?
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #112
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 328
Total Cats: 12
Default

You guys are thinking about this all wrong. To promote Miata development, everyone should want to move up a class, not down.

To motivate tuners to move up a class, the Street class prizes should be weak sauce, the Modified prizes should be half-assed, and the Unlimited prizes should be truly spectacular.

Regarding sponsors: what sponsor wants to reward a driver who uses no aftermarket parts? Of course they want to put their sticker on the winning car that's using their parts.

Double O 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #113
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
I have no problem letting spec miata's run in street class with street tires.
with the 7" and 100 ware ra-1s that spec runs they are maxed street class and run as fast as most maxed mod cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double O 86 View Post
You guys are thinking about this all wrong. To promote Miata development, everyone should want to move up a class, not down.

To motivate tuners to move up a class, the Street class prizes should be weak sauce, the Modified prizes should be half-assed, and the Unlimited prizes should be truly spectacular.

Regarding sponsors: what sponsor wants to reward a driver who uses no aftermarket parts? Of course they want to put their sticker on the winning car that's using their parts.

i've been looking for a 99 for 6 months to make into a track only car. not many people want to over do it in a car they drive on the street every day so no i don't want to run unlimited with my only car.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 AM   #114
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I "think" I could drive my car every day.


I'm going for fun, please don't ruin it with gay competitive horse-****.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #115
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
Can't imagine downgrading my car to run Mod, I have like 21 points or something absurd. lol.
of course not! your car is all out track car. your not even in this conversation. your the benchmark.

jeffman... yes, that's why he said if a spec miata ran street tires. like over 200 treadwear. with those stiff *** springs, street tires would slow a spec miata down alot. and for those wanting to go down to modified, a full spec miata would be in modified. so, don't think you've got it easy down in modified. just drive your cars and see what you can do. the goal is have fun and get faster. you don't get faster by dominating the slow cars, but rather by chasing the fast ones.

rharris, like i told someone else, they usually don't open registration until 30 days or less before the event. i don't know why jessica sent me that email saying it was open, but i sent her msg. and haven't heard a reply.
don't worry, this isn't like a tde event or something. it'll never sell out. alot of times, if i don't have cash in time to save the $40 by paying ahead, i just register when i get there.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #116
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
We're running forced induction on Tein Flex and 15x9's...that's unlimited. Have either one of us ever showed up at a mixed track event and not had the fastest street car in the building?
exactly! ^^^^^
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:53 AM   #117
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
i'm far from the tdr catalog, just running the kit and i think my car is a modifiable car. your car is 4 points from being unlimited with your new 6uls as the system stands now. with your current set up i think your car should be in mod but based on the points system as it is right now it 2 points into unlimited.

as it stands now you can run a spec miata in street class
I'm showing Hustler with 18 and thats with the -1 for being a chick?
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #118
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
I'm showing Hustler with 18 and thats with the -1 for being a chick?
Seriously? I'll tuck and wear a wig for that point.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #119
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
We're running forced induction on Tein Flex and 15x9's...that's unlimited. Have either one of us ever showed up at a mixed track event and not had the fastest street car in the building?
my car is far from the fastest miata to show up an event. in a straight line it's maybe 5th if we only count dallas area. if i was driving your car i would be sitting in the top 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
jeffman... yes, that's why he said if a spec miata ran street tires. like over 200 treadwear. with those stiff *** springs, street tires would slow a spec miata down alot.
i was looking at it wrong, the Bilstein are oem but the Eibach springs and Eibach sway bar are not oem, was not including suspension.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #120
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
my car is far from the fastest miata to show up an event. in a straight line it's maybe 5th if we only count dallas area. if i was driving your car i would be sitting in the top 2.
When did we start talk about drag racing? Look at your avatar.



All you faggettes need to quit crying about this **** and lube up for the Dallas crew, it will be easier this way.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Tags
texas

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.