TX crew: ECR Toy Run - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #41
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Only if I get to run it at 18 psi.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #42
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

let me think about it.

Jeff, thanks for the tips on how to enter #4, but if I don't brake there I won't stay on the track.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
let me think about it.

Jeff, thanks for the tips on how to enter #4, but if I don't brake there I won't stay on the track.
you do brake but you just need a stab, i **** my self the first time but started up shifting out of 3 and running 4th gear from 3s out to 5s in with a stab at 4. also you have to turn in WAY early. your 3.63 you could stay in 3ed i bet but i was out of gear in 3ed where you are braking.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
you do brake but you just need a stab, i **** my self the first time but started up shifting out of 3 and running 4th gear from 3s out to 5s in with a stab at 4. also you have to turn in WAY early. your 3.63 you could stay in 3ed i bet but i was out of gear in 3ed where you are braking.
The first time you **** yourself was because I was on an outlap with cold brakes and cold rubber. I'm also on Hawk blues with cold rubber which lock-up super-easy when cold, so maybe you should consider that when you're correcting my driving. How exactly should I drive on my outlap? Wad $20k up in a ball, or get tires and brakes hot?

#4 is a 4th gear corner for me, #5 is 3rd; my gears are shorter than yours. I was entering #4 at over 100mph, it's more than changing the direction of the car if I want to stay on the track. With door bars, there is no more turning in early because it whips around the rear of the car. I have 1.5" skinnier wheels on a 205 tire, another 100lb/ft of torque, and the rear is super-stiff now...so I'm sorry dude, you're absolute ******* wrong that I'm going to hit that corner or just about any other faster from fear of the car trying to kill me. I'll get the car set-up so I can drive it without a diaper on, hopefully in my 3rd session, maybe before the first hour of seat-time at that track.

I have roughly 25-minutes of seat time on that track, with a car that feels vastly different each time I drive it. Please, ******* relax on criticizing my ****.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #45
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

sounded more like a tip than criticism. no need to get so testes over it.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #46
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Well I don't need tips on how to do a ******* outlap.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Well I don't need tips on how to do a ******* outlap.
i just didn't added it the first lap when i saw it the first time on the video. just for you i moved it to the 1st hot lap. it's my opinion based on when an instructor told me out there. you don't have to lessen to it or use it. everyone has there own way of driving and i know if i flashed my lights you would have let me by if i felt i was being held up at all even if you would just eat me down a straightaway.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #48
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

You don't get it. I don't give a ****-**** if you have the outlap on video, I think its ******* stupid that you expect me to heave the car off the track at 100mph because an instructor told you not to brake there because...and now I get a bunch of instructors on the local board sticking me back in the novice group on the next event because we've filmed a video of me learning a track, playing with lines, and I get to climb the god damn ladder again and waste my time in horse-**** lead/follow crap every ******* time I show up at the track.

Sometimes I wish I never built this car because of all the god damn expectations to incessantly run lap records on outlaps or I get incessant criticism. Too bad we didn't post any vids where green miata was mowing down the field driving the line provided by Ken O, which I quickly discovered was not always the fastest way around the track. I can't wait to get yanked out of the adult groups in Apex because of this **** that's thrown up in the school-Illuminati.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #49
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

I know Wags was with you on one of the sessions; don't know if it was the video in question or not. I will say that trying different lines and learning the car would not have been more than ideal than this event. It was not an HPDE or a Miata Challenge. I don't remember you having to wash the mud off or having to fix a busted front end from hitting a hay bail. Others there did just that and where do they stand? I believe both had more seat time than you and I put together X 10.
I don't see anyone telling them how drive (critiquing)... just saying.
Dad used to instruct for LSRPCA - I've asked which part of the track has he gone off at. His response was "Every f***ing corner!"
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
I don't remember you having to wash the mud off or having to fix a busted front end from hitting a hay bail.
i can't believe i went from going off once or twice a session to touching only pavement all day just from getting the flexes set right
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #51
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

It definately showed a difference. He He...
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #52
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I can't believe my skill level went from moderately decent to ------ novice who cant' drive around the track without a daddy in the passenger seat or getting stuck in lead/follow. Its wild how while everyone gets better I get slower and slower to the point of shame. Who wants to buy a turbo miata?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #53
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Like my 4 yr. old boy told me once..."I do know everything, I just don't see too well."
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #54
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
Like my 4 yr. old boy told me once..."I do know everything, I just don't see too well."
Yeah, well I've had no problem running the top tier groups for 3-years, now I'm relegated to the ------ **** again and so much for Texas Miata Challenge...all because of this ******* bullshit.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #55
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

me.

But seriously d00d just relax as long as your having fun it doesn't really matter. And any "Instuctor" who sees you braking at turn 4 on the outlap must obviously know that it was ******* outlap, not qualifying at Monaco. I doubt with your track resume that you will be put in "lead and follow" group again. For a first time at ECR you did fine.

It seems like these "track day" guys all have something to prove. I think it's stupid. Everyones car is different out there. If they wanted to test their driver skill against each other, then race SM or another spec class.

This guy in nice Carrera came over to my pit telling my dad that he needs to stick his arm completely out the window to signal a pass. His response was "In REAL RACING, you don't stick your arm out the window, you either have a window net or arm restraints". Why would you want your arm 2 feet out of your car on the track? That is how arms get chopped off during roll overs.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #56
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Yeah, well I've had no problem running the top tier groups for 3-years, now I'm relegated to the ------ **** again and so much for Texas Miata Challenge...all because of this ******* bullshit.
Wasn't directed TO you man...just FOR you. Bench racing BS goes on all the time, but BS stops at the track. That shouldn't keep you from running in whatever group you feel comfortable in running in. It is the Steward's responsibility to see this and put you where you should be, not some dude watching a video...
What the hell do I know, I was just spectacting. It's not like I didn't get to see a ton of d-bags doing d-bag moves anyways.
I don't think any of this should negate as to where you should be placed. Hell, Gary had to run Novice because he had never been to ECR before...
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #57
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,109
Total Cats: 127
Default

Hustler just needs a pep talk every other week. I hope your not mad that I called you. We never even spoke of your driving, just how to make that beast handle better. Explain to me why you would be in a lead follow now that someone watched that video? All I see is a car that's suspension setup needs work. If they move you around because of a shakedown vid at an unfamiliar track, thats just more of a reason to run NASA. Bring your driving resume, get a instructor to ride with on the first session, and bam HPDE 4 or TT. I swear if I here you say your not running Texas Miata Challenge again were going to vote to have you get a +1 shown on your results for being a girl...

EDIT: Oh and by the way this is the whole reason for the TMC. Everyone as a pool helps everyone get faster. I think JZ helped 3 guys set their suspension up correctly for the rain as they all had it set to full stiff thinking it was full soft. I also think a couple of them had 40ish psi too. Rookie mistakes but knowone cared as were all trying to get faster.

Last edited by jacob300zx; 12-17-2009 at 04:27 PM.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #58
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

All you ------s can die of aids in a turkish prison. Have fun picking my **** apart and lapping the sweat off my *****. With any ******* luck you'll be able to keep with me on my out-lap but you'll certainly get skull-fucked by lap 2.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #59
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Put the 6uls on and quit being a bitch.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #60
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granbury, TX.
Posts: 1,278
Total Cats: 1
Default

Now that's Hustler we've all come to love and remember. Keep that mindset and you'll be fine...
And quit hanging out where ever it is that puts you in these "Moods".
Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Changing from 460cc to flow force 610cc in diypnp 90 Turbo MEGAsquirt 19 10-19-2015 04:23 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Got bad Crank Angle Sensor and Random Misfire codes, but runs fine. Greasyman General Miata Chat 2 09-28-2015 11:44 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.