Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Media
Reload this Page >

Most thorough review of a car, ever.

Media Got any pics or vids to share?

Most thorough review of a car, ever.

 
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
  #1  
Boost Pope
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 29,356
Total Cats: 2,941
Default Most thorough review of a car, ever.

Ok, so I'm about two weeks behind in watching the new season of Top Gear. Tonight while in the studio, they read a letter received from a viewer who was irritated that they no longer perform practical reviews of sensible cars, as they did in the old days, back when Top Gear was more like Fifth Gear (ie: pre-Stig). So, Jeremy took out a new Ford Fiesta and gave it the most thorough, accurate, complete practical road-test and review of any car in the history of mankind, ever.

You must watch the entire review. Do not skip anything.


Last edited by Joe Perez; 12-22-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Old video taken down. Link changed to working copy.
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 12-21-2008, 09:36 PM
  #2  
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,820
Total Cats: 693
Default

saw a week ago, it was amazing, the was tiff btw that emailed them, hence the reference to the "better days" back when it was fifth gear. I'll take James, Richard, and Jeremy any day, they're hilarious.
curly is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Head Wound City, CT
Posts: 215
Total Cats: 0
Default

That was pretty epic.
MattEGTR is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
  #4  
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Longs, SC
Posts: 2,567
Total Cats: 13
Default

When I shop for a car, the first thing that I wonder about is if my smoke granades will fit in the cup holders, Im glad that Jeremy and Ford have my concerns in mind.

I love top gear. They drive the cars that I wont even ever see. If I want to know how a fiesta drives, Ill go test drive one. Doubtful that I can do that with anything they normaly have on the show.
icantthink4155 is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
  #5  
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,214
Total Cats: 515
Default

semi off topic. I just watched this on my tv via the ps3. the onboard browser now supports flash. which means free you tube, free hulu, and free anything flash. that's pretty awesome right there.

back OT: the mall scene was rockin. we were just at the nearby mall and discussing its patheticness (irish bar that was formerly a jcpenny??) and I thought this would liven it up greatly.
y8s is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:33 PM
  #6  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Posts: 2,558
Total Cats: 11
Default

saw it a week ago.

its always been one of my random dreams to drive thru a mall lol. weird huh
240_to_miata is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 PM
  #7  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,494
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by 240_to_miata_OWNER View Post
saw it a week ago.

its always been one of my random dreams to drive thru a mall lol. weird huh
i used to get to drive into malls all the time, you know when they have cars on display sometimes. i never got to do more than 5mph though, but it is quite a strange feeling driving past people shopping.
Mach929 is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nottingham, Pa
Posts: 81
Total Cats: 0
Default

Drive through a mall...

Blues Brothers anyone? New oldsmobiles are in early this year!
Nitroracer is offline  
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 PM
  #9  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kauai, HI
Posts: 6,292
Total Cats: 228
Default

samnavy is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 AM
  #10  
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,545
Total Cats: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Ok, so I'm about two weeks behind in watching the new season of Top Gear. Tonight while in the studio, they read a letter received from a viewer who was irritated that they no longer perform practical reviews of sensible cars, as they did in the old days, back when Top Gear was more like Fifth Gear (ie: pre-Stig). So, Jeremy took out a new Ford Fiesta and gave it the most thorough, accurate, complete practical road-test and review of any car in the history of mankind, ever.

You must watch the entire review. Do not skip anything.

Am I ridiculously gullible, or did that last part look real? How the hell did a fiesta rock 5 foot of beach water, and not drown.

Last edited by Joe Perez; 12-23-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Fixed your link
TravisR is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 AM
  #11  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

It probably was fake. I cant see it making it a few feet, let alone a hundred feet without sucking up some water or having some electrical issues.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
  #12  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,880
Total Cats: 0
Default

Fake? Fake? Fake you say!!!!

Do you really think the BBC would allow something to be broadcast that was less than truthful? Really, would Jeremy lie to us?

Never.

My brother in law brought back a couple of the top gear magazines when he was in England for a couple days. One, they are three times bigger than R&T, C&D or MT. Two, it is like reading the TV show. The attitude and tone is exactly the same. Hilarious.
cueball1 is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
  #13  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,641
Total Cats: 2,319
Default

Hey that's Calvin and Hobbes, Sam!
Braineack is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
  #14  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,140
Total Cats: 6
Default

They took down the video due to a claim from the BBC..
All before I got to watch it darnit.
cjernigan is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shalimar, FL
Posts: 957
Total Cats: 7
Default

Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
Fake? Fake? Fake you say!!!!

Do you really think the BBC would allow something to be broadcast that was less than truthful? Really, would Jeremy lie to us?

Never.

My brother in law brought back a couple of the top gear magazines when he was in England for a couple days. One, they are three times bigger than R&T, C&D or MT. Two, it is like reading the TV show. The attitude and tone is exactly the same. Hilarious.
Barnes & Noble sells these for something like $11/issue. Expensive, but a great read, though. It also previews the show a bit -- a few months ago there was a writeup on the boat that James raced Richard in. One weird thing is that there is always a huge buyers guide for the last 70 pages or so.
messiahx is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Forest, U.K.
Posts: 336
Total Cats: 4
Default

My wife works for the BBC (we live in England though we are both american) and I can tell you if the fiesta stalled they would have let you know. If they lie to you directly or by omission, they would get nailed by regulators. Especialy that show as the oldies are always complaining it is a wast of money. In the uk you have to pay a "tv licence" once a year if you own a tv, it funds the BBC (funny thing is its half the cost if you have a black and white). The regulators are all over them for stuff like that. They will use sit in drivers for some of the long shots and such, but if they give the impression that a fiesta can briefly drive thru 4 foot deep water. Then you can trust that it did.
Blaize is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
  #17  
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,820
Total Cats: 693
Default

try surfthechannel.com

search for topgear in television, clicky, clicky, clicky, and you're there.
curly is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 0
Default

wow...why can't we have that here....
oconnor is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM
  #19  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

is it green? lol

bwahahhaa
hustler is offline  
Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 PM
  #20  
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,545
Total Cats: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
My wife works for the BBC (we live in England though we are both american) and I can tell you if the fiesta stalled they would have let you know. If they lie to you directly or by omission, they would get nailed by regulators. Especialy that show as the oldies are always complaining it is a wast of money. In the uk you have to pay a "tv licence" once a year if you own a tv, it funds the BBC (funny thing is its half the cost if you have a black and white). The regulators are all over them for stuff like that. They will use sit in drivers for some of the long shots and such, but if they give the impression that a fiesta can briefly drive thru 4 foot deep water. Then you can trust that it did.
LOL that is ridiculous! But at the same time I wish one news station anywhere in the U.S. had anywhere close to that kind of accountability.
TravisR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most thorough review of a car, ever.


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.