Better off here? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

ROFL says the guy who just paid less for his NB than he did for his NA.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
ROFL says the guy who just paid less for his NB than he did for his NA.


If you want to get technical about it, i paid infinity times more for the red NB than i did the NA.

Go be rich somewhere else.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #23
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,877
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Welcome to the site whatisoem, thanks for joining up!
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
Holy ****... do my eyes deceive me??

I will look into sourcing a new engine and what else I would need for it. Otherwise, everything I've read so far says the 1.6 can handle boost just fine. Also, I like the 1.6 novelty... If I can keep up with 1.8T I'll feel all the better, I'll just have to find someone who has a worse tune than me.

Does it have the same "12 psi" boost rating?
Less type. More read.

Black Jesus gave you two eyes and ten fingers for a reason. That reason does not involve typing.

Your previous Miata educational resources have failed you.

The learning curve here is steep; it's even harder for people like you who have learned poor information and have to relearn correct information. Stick to it and you can learn good information here by reading. If you run away with your tail between your legs because you've been scolded like your mommy failed to scold you, you will return to the poor information sources that you learned your bad information from, and you will teach future noobs bad information as if it were gospel, just like the guys who ran away from us with their tails between their legs in previous generations of noobs and taught you this filthy information.

Welcome to the best site on the web.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #25
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
Less type. More read.

Black Jesus gave you two eyes and ten fingers for a reason. That reason does not involve typing.

Your previous Miata educational resources have failed you.

The learning curve here is steep; it's even harder for people like you who have learned poor information and have to relearn correct information. Stick to it and you can learn good information here by reading. If you run away with your tail between your legs because you've been scolded like your mommy failed to scold you, you will return to the poor information sources that you learned your bad information from, and you will teach future noobs bad information as if it were gospel, just like the guys who ran away from us with their tails between their legs in previous generations of noobs and taught you this filthy information.

Welcome to the best site on the web.
Unfortunately, that's what all the sites say so everything here will be used as a reference while making my own decisions. I hope everyone understands that. Unless you just followed blindly and never had an issue, I'd rather keep taking **** for asking questions and gather my own opinions.
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #26
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I'm not familiar with such a thing. Tell us what you mean and maybe we'll be able to answer your question.
From what I've gathered, the stock internals for the 1.6 are good to about 12 lbs of boost. If this is some of the mis-information that ^^that guy was talking about, then forgive me, otherwise I haven't looked into the 1.8 swap enough to see a number like that yet. I assume it would have the same ratings but if it was magically good for 35 psi, then the 1.8 is a no brainer. If the only reason is to squeeze out an extra 50 horse, I'm good. I'm hoping to get it tuned in at around 200 hp. Nothing crazy, just a successful conversion.
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #27
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

although if the 1.8 is good for insane amounts of boost, why not go big and add 6 months to the build schedule?
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

You're taking **** for asking questions that have been answered a million times, not because you're questioning data points.

You can avoid the ****-taking if you spent some time researching and gathering opinions. In fact, it'd be more beneficial to you because then you'd get ALL THE opinions/information, instead of whatever you get out of the very few too-nice people who threw you some bones in this thread. That's how you get the biggest chance of success: Finding as much info as you can, and not ignoring the enormous amount of information that is easily accessed via your fingertips and a few keystrokes.

I mean, are we really still going to argue about this? Get your read on. There's super awesome stickies all over this website that you'd have to be blind to miss that address every last question you've asked in this thread.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
From what I've gathered, the stock internals for the 1.6 are good to about 12 lbs of boost. If this is some of the mis-information that ^^that guy was talking about, then forgive me, otherwise I haven't looked into the 1.8 swap enough to see a number like that yet. I assume it would have the same ratings but if it was magically good for 35 psi, then the 1.8 is a no brainer. If the only reason is to squeeze out an extra 50 horse, I'm good. I'm hoping to get it tuned in at around 200 hp. Nothing crazy, just a successful conversion.
Ok, you're going to learn at least one thing today: PSI doesn't mean a damn thing. It's a number, and only a number. It doesn't mean anything on a 1.6, and it doesn't mean anything on a 1.8.

There are POWER limits to both motors in stock form. What that limit is is so easy to find that you'd have to actively attempt to avoid finding it in order to not find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
although if the 1.8 is good for insane amounts of boost, why not go big and add 6 months to the build schedule?
I don't follow that at all.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #30
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

lbs of boost means nothing (too many variables). It is about torque, hp, a good tune, and how it's driven.
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #31
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,672
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
From what I've gathered, the stock internals for the 1.6 are good to about 12 lbs of boost. If this is some of the mis-information that ^^that guy was talking about, then forgive me,
This statement confirms your friends from CR know Jack ****.

12psi on a 2554 does not equal 12psi on a 3076. 12psi on a 2871 with a log manifold and 2.25 exhaust does not equal 12psi on a 2871 with a ramhorn tubular manifold and a 3 inch exhaust. Read more and post less and you will be fine. Otherwise you can learn it somewhere else. My quality control senses are tingling.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #32
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Ok, you're going to learn at least one thing today: PSI doesn't mean a damn thing. It's a number, and only a number. It doesn't mean anything on a 1.6, and it doesn't mean anything on a 1.8.

There are POWER limits to both motors in stock form. What that limit is is so easy to find that you'd have to actively attempt to avoid finding it in order to not find it.



I don't follow that at all.
Lol, I think it's you having the hard time with this...
As I said with my original post, I'm new to the Miata therefore new to the forums (no, I've never used them for car ****, I've always asked someone or just figured it out). I also stated that I was having a difficult time wording my questions right so as to not get threads filled with "go read" "It's all at your fingertips" and "**** **** newb **** finger tips research goddammit neeewwwb", which shows that you too don't read to well or you might have just given some key words and left. MIGHT have.
ALSO, unless you know how to make a 1.8 engine poof into your garage, guaranteed to run and ready to drop in, then I'm going to need another 6 months to get an engine. Come on... keep up.
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #33
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
This statement confirms your friends from CR know Jack ****.

12psi on a 2554 does not equal 12psi on a 3076. 12psi on a 2871 with a log manifold and 2.25 exhaust does not equal 12psi on a 2871 with a ramhorn tubular manifold and a 3 inch exhaust. Read more and post less and you will be fine. Otherwise you can learn it somewhere else. My quality control senses are tingling.
Oh No!! He's going to ban me for asking questions and defending myself on the internet!!! I guess I'll have to find one of those email genereting sites, keep creating profiles and trolling here until I find the info I want.... Or you, as a mod, could do his job and tell people that aren't helping or are being overly sarcastic and provoking them to **** off. Eventually, if no one is answering my thread, don't you think I'll get the idea? I love the mentalities on these sites already.
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
Lol, I think it's you having the hard time with this...
As I said with my original post, I'm new to the Miata therefore new to the forums (no, I've never used them for car ****, I've always asked someone or just figured it out). I also stated that I was having a difficult time wording my questions right so as to not get threads filled with "go read" "It's all at your fingertips" and "**** **** newb **** finger tips research goddammit neeewwwb", which shows that you too don't read to well or you might have just given some key words and left. MIGHT have.
ALSO, unless you know how to make a 1.8 engine poof into your garage, guaranteed to run and ready to drop in, then I'm going to need another 6 months to get an engine. Come on... keep up.
The wordings of most of your questions is fine. They're just questions that are easily answered on your own, and doing it on your own will give you the large sample size you so desperately desire.

I gave you key words, even entire search phrases that have proven to work well. If you say i didn't, then you didn't read anything, and you're beyond saving anyways. Quality Control Bot will turn you inside out.

I didn't know what you meant by "go big." Usually around here that means a built motor and an EFR. Not something as trivial as a 1.8 swap.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
Oh No!! He's going to ban me for asking questions and defending myself on the internet!!! I guess I'll have to find one of those email genereting sites, keep creating profiles and trolling here until I find the info I want.... Or you, as a mod, could do his job and tell people that aren't helping or are being overly sarcastic and provoking them to **** off. Eventually, if no one is answering my thread, don't you think I'll get the idea? I love the mentalities on these sites already.

Hey OP, are you hungry?


Attached Thumbnails
Better off here?-eggplant_2.jpg  
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

It wasn't the wording of your questions that was the problem. It was the content of them.

When you just ask questions you get bullshit answers like your CR friends gave you. Go read directly from the source, AKA the build threads section.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #37
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,803
Total Cats: 494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissetsfire View Post
Stock limits are pretty well documented. Rods are good for ~220-240 ft/tq. td04 @ 17 psi is probably somewhere around ~200 on a 1.6. You are toward the upper limits of the motor but not over them if I had to guess. Aids is still aids though.
https://www.flyinmiata.com/support/i...sc/1.8swap.pdf

Here you go. This **** took me five ******* seconds to find.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #38
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 23
Total Cats: -93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
https://www.flyinmiata.com/support/i...sc/1.8swap.pdf

Here you go. This **** took me five ******* seconds to find.
And another one on the band wagon!!!

I'm sorry I don't have time to read through thousands of pages of trolls to get one, small paragraph like that. Also, I like how upset people are getting over something so trivial. If you really feel this way about me, ******* leave? Someone will come by and say "this guy did what you're looking to do, read this link" and then I'll be out of your forum forever!! Until then, I will continue to ask "dumb" questions that can be answered "easily". This is how I do my research and I'm sure you have your own way. No one forces you to post here, but I do thank you for the link.
whatisoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #39
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,192
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

You're not gonna last very long on here.

Its funny too, anyone that mentions coming from CR usually doesn't.

Openly admitting to posting on club ricer around here is like coming out as a homosexual deviant cat rapist
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisoem View Post
Someone will come by and say "this guy did what you're looking to do, read this link" and then I'll be out of your forum forever!!
There's an app a section for that.
Build Threads - Miata Turbo Forum - Turbo Kitten is watching you test compression.

To answer your question on PSI, a stock 1.8 will hold less boost than a stock 1.6.

Does this answer your question? Yes.
Does this give you the information you were *really* looking for? Probably not.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.