Map for MSPNP on a 1993 w/GReddy ++ - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default Map for MSPNP on a 1993 w/GReddy ++

Getting ready to start up my 1993 1.6 tomorrow, and I'm looking for a working map for my setup.
If anyone has something that will work for this, I would be very grateful.

The setup:

1.6 engine
Mitsubishi TD04-G15 (Standard GReddy charger)
RC 550cc Injectors
Intercooler
MSPNP
FM Dual feed fuel rail
TurboXS boost controller at about.. 1 bar?

If you need more info, feel free to ask.
Getting a working map will save me a lot of time, so this would be of great help.

-Morten
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

The answer to your question is:


There is NO such thing. Get a base map, and tune according to YOUR set up. Unless you want your **** to fail.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default

Well, my "tuner" has told me otherwise.
And he's been doing this for so long, I actually trust him.

He himself used the FMII map for a similar setup, and he gained 10hk after he went on the dyno.
Hence, he didn't need to change much..
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 989
Total Cats: 23
Default

well then get a map from your "tuner" and you can makes as much "hk's" as you want!!
wittyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default

Sorry, rwhp.

No need to be rude, people disagree on stuff, and if there was only constants in tuning I'm pretty ******* sure there would be a book called "Here's how you tune every time".
I'm here to get second opinions, so don't give me **** if you don't agree with what others tell me.

I take everything into consideration, but I can't say "ok" after one reply when I have others telling me otherwise.

So please, stay on track.
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 228
Total Cats: 4
Default

im suprised that the others have not jumped in here yet...

They would have started off with this:

"Use the fucken search button"

and

"use DIY autotunes base map, then adjust the req fuel for your injectors to get something running"

people here are expected to care about their car enough that they will put forth the effort to do some reserch themselves before they ask questions, people will not spoon feed you every single answer, mainly because the questions you have have been asked several times before.

also, most people that make statements such as "my tuner says" are usullay asking questions the week after their tuneing session, asking why the car is runnign like ****, when if they had done reserch on the specifics that the miata engine has, that their experenced tuner did not think of
Dlaitini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default

True, I could have just used Google. Can't expect to use a forum to ask questions, now can I.

For the record, the car hasn't been started yet, and the guy helping me out (who's been tuning his own Miata for 7 years now) asked me to get a map since he's had great success using it before.

And this thread can be locked or deleted, I've never experienced such rudeness in a Miata forum, and I surely won't return.
The answer I got was to stay the **** away from this place.
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki79 View Post
Well, my "tuner" has told me otherwise.
And he's been doing this for so long, I actually trust him.

He himself used the FMII map for a similar setup, and he gained 10hk after he went on the dyno.
Hence, he didn't need to change much..
Really? Your "tuner" told you that?

I would NOT let that guy touch my map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlaitini View Post
im suprised that the others have not jumped in here yet...

They would have started off with this:

"Use the fucken search button"

and

"use DIY autotunes base map, then adjust the req fuel for your injectors to get something running"
Technically, that was my first response.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 228
Total Cats: 4
Default

sad thing is the other forums will just spoon feed you...

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and feed him for a lifetime

Quote:
I've never experienced such rudeness in a Miata forum, and I surely won't return.
The answer I got was to stay the **** away from this place.
Good, if your not willing to put forth the effort to even try, this forum is better off without you.

Your mentality is the reason why the other miata forums have the stereotypes they do, and if you had used the search button, in the time that you have wasted making a post, and reading through the results, or folowed the stickeys ( that are there for a reason) you would have learned a bit and we never would have had to make a repost of something that has been askes several times
Dlaitini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki79 View Post
True, I could have just used Google. Can't expect to use a forum to ask questions, now can I.

For the record, the car hasn't been started yet, and the guy helping me out (who's been tuning his own Miata for 7 years now) asked me to get a map since he's had great success using it before.

And this thread can be locked or deleted, I've never experienced such rudeness in a Miata forum, and I surely won't return.
The answer I got was to stay the **** away from this place.
Quoted before ninja edit. If you can't help yourself well what can anyone else possibly do. Your question rolls by the board very often. A little search would've avoid this thread. However, in light that you ask for advice then don't take the advice given I'll say you're making a good decision leaving.

Hopefully you "tuner" doesn't **** your ****.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

The members here are just telling it like it is, really. I mean, I could give you my .msq from immediately after my dyno session (or you would find it in my dyno thread, by searching for threads started by me with the word "dyno" in them), but it was made for MY engine. Who knows what it might do to yours? Maybe my ignition timing would be too aggressive, maybe my fuel would be way too rich (and it would be, since I'm using 460cc injectors), etc.

Thing about the FMII map (I'm assuming a map for a Hydra, then) is that FM provides these maps to their consumers based on a known quantity - their kit. Many FM customers buy their FMII, install it, and drive. It is intended to be the whole package, so they can provide maps.

Your MSPNP, OTOH, is meant for a 1.6 liter Miata with any number of a combination of turbos, injectors, exhausts, intercoolers, etc. You're going to have a much harder time finding a repository of premade maps for it, that's where the basemap comes in. You said you just want to get the car running.. that's what the basemap's for. Take the basemap, adjust req. fuel for your injectors, use MLV to dial in fuel, and you'll be most of the way there.

Sorry for spoonfeeding him, gays, but it sounded like he knew not what he was asking exactly.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Total Cats: 11
Default

hey *******.. !!! stop beeing ********..

im doing his setup/tuning, but im a lazy bastard, and beeing more used to autronic, link etc ecus, i told him to search the web and see if he could find something we could use as a startingpoint for the car. just to get this **** started.. I will obviously tune it properly..

getting a "base map" from someone running such a standard setup as the greddy kit and a ms pnp WILL get the car up and running faster than doing everything from zero..
hf-mx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default

So anyway, he's my tuner..

(And I do know what I was asking for)
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 166
Total Cats: 11
Default

oh, and i will not "**** his **** up"..
hf-mx5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf-mx5t View Post
im doing his setup/tuning, but im a lazy bastard,
You've got to be absolutely ******* KIDDING. If someone claimed they could tune my car and then proceeded to tell me that, I would assume they were ******* retarded and walk away.


Now, as just.about.every.single.*******.person. in this thread has said, just download the DIY autotune base map. Adjust the req_fuel for the size of injectors you will be running, and in 99% of cases, the car will fire right up. You will need to adjust the timing, and tune the fuel/ignition maps as they are a bit on the rich/retarded side of things. Other than that, it is ready to go and driveable right from the get-go.
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Ciesielski View Post
Now, as just.about.every.single.*******.person. in this thread has said, just download the DIY autotune base map. Adjust the req_fuel for the size of injectors you will be running, and in 99% of cases, the car will fire right up. You will need to adjust the timing, and tune the fuel/ignition maps as they are a bit on the rich/retarded side of things. Other than that, it is ready to go and driveable right from the get-go.
This is all very true.

I would rather do the 15 mins worth of work to load the "safe" base map, change some settings, and adjust my timing, rather than just load any random map from someone else's setup.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki79 View Post
Getting ready to start up my 1993 1.6 tomorrow, and I'm looking for a working map for my setup.
If anyone has something that will work for this, I would be very grateful.

The setup:

1.6 engine
Mitsubishi TD04-G15 (Standard GReddy charger)
RC 550cc Injectors
Intercooler
MSPNP
FM Dual feed fuel rail
TurboXS boost controller at about.. 1 bar?

If you need more info, feel free to ask.
Getting a working map will save me a lot of time, so this would be of great help.

-Morten
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
The answer to your question is:


There is NO such thing. Get a base map, and tune according to YOUR set up. Unless you want your **** to fail.
1st post would've solved the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf-mx5t View Post
hey *******.. !!! stop beeing ********..

im doing his setup/tuning, but im a lazy bastard,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hf-mx5t View Post
oh, and i will not "**** his **** up"..

^Really?

I'm with Jeff. I'll walk away.

Funny this is that the DIY base maps have plenty of fuel up top that my 2870 was still pig rich at 15psi on 5th gear at ~7000
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
This is all very true.

I would rather do the 15 mins worth of work to load the "safe" base map, change some settings, and adjust my timing, rather than just load any random map from someone else's setup.
That reply is just so much better.

The tone in the replies here remind me of the good old Linux forums back in the day. Seems the computer geeks have passed the virus on to the car geeks, and now this is the scene for people-with-small-penises-and-hard-youths-who-need-to-flame-someone.
You know, you CAN tell people stuff without being total ******* ********.

Anywho, we'll see tomorrow.
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Renton Washington
Posts: 1,742
Total Cats: 3
Default

If I had somebody tuning my car that I've spent lots of money and time on I would not let a "lazy" tuner tune it. Sounds like loki needs a real tuner.
SKMetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki79 View Post
That reply is just so much better.

The tone in the replies here remind me of the good old Linux forums back in the day. Seems the computer geeks have passed the virus on to the car geeks, and now this is the scene for people-with-small-penises-and-hard-youths-who-need-to-flame-someone.
You know, you CAN tell people stuff without being total ******* ********.

Anywho, we'll see tomorrow.
But what's the fun in that . While I can't disagree that the general tone of the forum is.....less than friendly (actually, its akin to being a SWF and walking through an alleyway full of rapists in the middle of the night), keep in mind that most questions are either a. answered in the FAQ/stickies, or b. has been answered 100 times and a simple search can turn it up. It just gets old regurgitating the same **** over and over again...and then being told that we don't know what we're talking about and "I'm just going to do it my way".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMetalworks View Post
If I had somebody tuning my car that I've spent lots of money and time on I would not let a "lazy" tuner tune it. Sounds like loki needs a real tuner.
Too bad he isn't local. Who's tuning your **** .
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
In need of base map for stock 1997 brandonbkd MEGAsquirt 0 09-29-2015 12:52 AM
Missing/knock at idle, can someone point me in the right direction? Mikel MEGAsquirt 4 09-28-2015 05:46 PM
why is my car running like pewp? (tune/datalog) itsMikey MSPNP 3 09-28-2015 07:40 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.