Ms2 PnP Rev built Problems - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: south florida
Posts: 32
Total Cats: 0
Default Ms2 PnP Rev built Problems

I have a MS labs enhanced ecu S/n: 10607 for my 99 NB.

I have had problems trying to get the ecu to work properly within the time that I have owned it.

1.) I am not able to get my laptop to detect the ecu when I am in tuner studio.

2.)The car starts and I can only keep the car running when I constantly give it gas.

3.) My engine speed tach does not give me a reading when my motor is on.

4.) After about 3k rpms the motor will bog down.


I want to be able to see the tune that is on the ecu so I can correct any issues with the "base" tune, but I cannot get past that point if my laptop cannot detect the ecu.

Anyone have and suggestions on what I can do to fix these problems? User error?
captain_kjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,124
Total Cats: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kjr View Post
I have a MS labs enhanced ecu S/n: 10607 for my 99 NB.

I have had problems trying to get the ecu to work properly within the time that I have owned it.

1.) I am not able to get my laptop to detect the ecu when I am in tuner studio.

2.)The car starts and I can only keep the car running when I constantly give it gas.

3.) My engine speed tach does not give me a reading when my motor is on.

4.) After about 3k rpms the motor will bog down.


I want to be able to see the tune that is on the ecu so I can correct any issues with the "base" tune, but I cannot get past that point if my laptop cannot detect the ecu.

Anyone have and suggestions on what I can do to fix these problems? User error?
Did you buy it directly from MS Labs? If so, he likely sent you a set of directions which would've mentioned in step #2 to "Download the drivers for your USB adapter and install". Did you do that much?
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #3
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: south florida
Posts: 32
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
Did you buy it directly from MS Labs? If so, he likely sent you a set of directions which would've mentioned in step #2 to "Download the drivers for your USB adapter and install". Did you do that much?
No I bought the unit used. I did not receive directions on how to install the unit properly. Is there a link or a website I can check for the directions?


Thanks for the help
captain_kjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,124
Total Cats: 144
Default Ms2 PnP Rev built Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kjr View Post
No I bought the unit used. I did not receive directions on how to install the unit properly. Is there a link or a website I can check for the directions?


Thanks for the help
Why don't you email Rev at [email protected] and give him your serial number and ask him if he can send them to you including the ini file . That would be the easiest IMO.

Or hell, just send him a PM on this site; Reverant.

Which USB to serial cable do you have?

Last edited by bahurd; 04-09-2016 at 12:12 AM.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
02 VVT motor swap. Silentoreo34 Miata parts for sale/trade 3 04-26-2016 09:44 PM
MS3 Basic 6000 rpm backfire and check engine light poormxdad MEGAsquirt 67 04-24-2016 04:50 PM
FS: MSPNP 2 Plug and Play Tunable ECU for 1999-2000 Mazda Miata dwiddowmaker Miata parts for sale/trade 10 04-20-2016 09:31 PM
Emu problems benmx51 E-Manage 4 04-06-2016 08:29 PM
Unreasonably difficult idle problem, help needed vteckiller2000 General Miata Chat 14 03-19-2016 12:47 PM


Tags
ms2pnp, troubleshooting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 PM.