ILOVETACOTACO Turbo Kit - Page 9 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Prefabbed Turbo Kits A place to discuss prefabricated turbo kits on the market
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 AM   #161
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 31
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp speed View Post
You are not being truthful here. Also maybe my life ambition is not to be an automotive forum god with 22,000 posts.
now you're just poking the bear with fireplace poker
Canipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #162
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Yessssssssssss! The post count argument!
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #163
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 265
Total Cats: 36
Default

Mods... Shut this one down!

It's run it's course.
carnut169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #164
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
Mods... Shut this one down!

It's run it's course.
NEVARRR!!!!!
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #165
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Braunfels,TX
Posts: 1,141
Total Cats: 51
Default

@ warp speed. (in a sincere voice). Most of these gays on here want stuff backed with data before they start listening. Data such as dyno graphs, years run, adjust ability, strength, material, welds, etc. I posted a while back about how I thought the Megan EZs were better than the entry level FM vmaxx and got so much ****. They wanted graphs so I posted graphs. They wanted years on them so I posted that in the end I was able to convince some and others not so much. The point is you really have to enter this forum like its and uncensored debate where anything you say that can not support your argument will be used against you. On the flip side you asking wither or not a ebay cast manifold is good or not is pretty much asking for it. The thing about the ebay manifolds is that the majority of them are thin pieces of ****. It eventually becomes a needle in a haystack type thing. The manifold is one of the hottest points on a turbo set up and needs to be very very strong. All this is covered in the stickies. Yes it may be out of date but really nothing for the most part has changed. I hope this helps you out and you continue to use the forum.
ScottyP3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #166
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,669
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp speed View Post
You are not being truthful here. Also maybe my life ambition is not to be an automotive forum god with 22,000 posts.
Could have fooled me.

Seriously. This whole thread is bullshit. Exacting analysis of why is also bullshit, but not nearly as entertaining.

TacoTaco is bullshit, and the exacting analysis is done X infinity. And also no longer fun.

Miata Turbo Forum - Turbo Kitten is watching you test compression. - Search Results

That's what came up in a 10 second search for tactaco.

Seriously. When everyones posts begin with 'that's not what I said, you are presuming.....hahahahaha look how smart I am..' the fun is over.

To be clear, the whole point of this trainwreck was the fun BS.

Thanks.
Sparetire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #167
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28
Total Cats: -15
Default

A lot of times people will just jump in mid thread and go from the last thing they see. Not getting the full story of how the thread evolved to the point where they started. Throw in mob mentality and a lack of reading comprehension and things get farther off track.
My post started out as and have always been, find which Chinese parts are good and which are bad. Don't see how that offends anyone or makes me an idiot.
warp speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #168
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

All parts of this kit are bad. Next topic.
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #169
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
m2cupcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,244
Total Cats: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
funny you should ask:
I thought those ebay cast manifolds actually worked using flange relief cuts- like the greddy (which also cracked w/o cuts.)
m2cupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #170
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 1,003
Total Cats: 14
Default

Don't get me wrong, these threads are great entertainment, but after an idiot argues for this long with people that know this crap won't work, just give up! Let him waste his money on parts that are marginally better than the worst crap. No amount of discussion will change his mind.

At work we have a set of engineering rules. Rule #1- Don't argue with an idiot. He will always beat you with experience.
Rallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #171
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Braunfels,TX
Posts: 1,141
Total Cats: 51
Default

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dead-horse.jpg (40.8 KB, 197 views)
ScottyP3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #172
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 149
Total Cats: 6
Default



I just noticed warp speed's post count currently matches his negative prop count. So statistically, for every single comment he has made, there's been one person who thought it was useless to the point of pissing them off enough to neg rep. This conversation has TACOTACO levels of quality all over it!
sharkythesharkdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #173
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Definitely 5 star thread right here.

Attached Images
File Type: gif a8WD0e6_460sa.gif (802.3 KB, 180 views)
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #174
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 32
Total Cats: -6
Default

So... the TACOTACO kit has the same quality of this thread?
I will be staying away from that kit.
Although I am now craving a taco
mrdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #175
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

On a (vaguely) related note, I do think it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread where people can post ebay parts that they HAVE had good luck with.

I know there are some junk BOVs out there, but I also know that there are some decent ones that can be had for a fraction of the cost of the "high end" ones. I just don't know exactly what ones those are. I did a projector retrofit on my 99 for less than half the cost of some of the "high quality kits" out there, and it works perfectly..

Unless there's already a thread like this out there--but I didn't see it stickied, and obviously searching for things like "ebay" and "quality" don't exactly yield relevant results.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #176
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,197
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

You realize that you can buy the EXACT SAME part from the EXACT SAME vendor on ebay and 1 will work and the other won't right?

That's the beauty of no quality control, and why we all talk crap about these parts.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #177
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

The ultimate in Ebay blow off valves is the RFL knockoff. (RFL stands for Really ******* Loud.)

Who cares if it leaks if you can hear it from 3 blocks away? Now available in "I-love-inserting-things-into-myself-purple."
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #178
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Well the RFL is great design on paper however they fucked them up big time with their "fancy" designs. Instead of simply extending the bottom lip they make it a 2 piece with 4 shitty set screws that leak like the Niagara falls. Then they also cut the cylinder for some stupid reason instead of making it a single piece. The valve is a great design however after they added all the weak points its ****. That's what happens when engineers that do not belong anywhere near engineering jobs design ****. The ebay RFL is just garbage because the quality of the product is ****.

For example
Lets take a look at the cylinder.. it was cut on a garbage lathe with a worn out tool with very lose bits that moved all over the place (as the reason for all those lines) instead of a sanded or ground mirror finish like its suppose to be. Also notice the cut on the bottom.. theres 0 reasons why that cut is needed.


Next how about that seal.. You can probably find raw materials with better finish than this garbage.



At last the setscrews. Yup this is suppose to be air tight...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (78.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (74.9 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (86.3 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by triple88a; 02-10-2014 at 03:54 PM.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #179
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
Well the RFL design is great however they fucked them up big time with their "fancy" designs. Instead of simply extending the bottom lip they make it a 2 piece with 4 shitty set screws that leak like the Niagara falls. Then they also cut the cylinder for some stupid reason instead of making it a single piece. The valve is a great design however after they added all the weak points its ****. That's what happens when engineers that do not belong anywhere near engineering jobs design ****.

I just always remove the bottom portion and stick what's left into a silicone coupler as hard as i can. I wait until it crushes a little, then it's good.

Like this, but an RFL instead. (BTW, can't hardly wait to see what happens to this tiny small bore piece of **** when it tries to vent 30psi. I'm hoping for "Sorta controlled compressor stall")

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131102_144116.jpg (108.8 KB, 115 views)
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #180
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

So, the real question is, will the TacoTaco turbo kit be good for autoX?
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
Koni 1150 Coilover Kit drumman83 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 2 09-25-2015 08:03 PM
WTB 90-97 miata low profile headlight kit DonPlatt WTB 0 09-25-2015 03:57 AM


Tags
ebay turbo, i touched a girl once, neckbeard, not hit block, supercars.net, turbo kit, vaginal discharge, warpspeed's tiny e-penis

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.