Spool on stock greddy kit - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Prefabbed Turbo Kits A place to discuss prefabricated turbo kits on the market
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #21
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Posts: 37
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smifta View Post
I'm sure you know, but tightenting the arm has increased your boost a bit too. So you did compensate for this with fueling and timing right!!!!

It feels completely new because you're boosting more psi AND faster!
I kept an eye on the boost gauge and it never gets past 5psi all the way to redline.
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #22
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Posts: 37
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
I'm not sure the OP wants to run 10psi on band-aids, hes just trying to get a little quicker spool. But yes you are right.
correct, just 5psi for now until I get the megasquirt, injectors and everything else needed.
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #23
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Posts: 37
Total Cats: 0
Default

On another note, I just dropped the car off to have a downpipe, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with no cat made.

Should be done tomorrow but I wont have time to pick up the car until friday then its directly off to Buttonwillow. I'll let you guys know how that goes.
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 183
Total Cats: 0
Default

I actually have the 300zx wastegate. The Turbo setup actually came off Rappadan's ride and I made my own FMIC, exhaust, heat sheild, running on Supra injectors and a walbro 195lph.. I also rebuilt the turbo and everything ran great till recently. I'll have to get under the hood again and check for any leaks.. I'm not 100% sure but I've also noticed I'm running real rich at full throttle so It may be bogging me down. I've yet to wire my WBO2 to the MS and I have almost no activity from my NBO2 on the Megatune so I'm guessing I have a lazy NBO2 at the moment... Well at any rate I am very happy with the Greddy kit and can't wait to get a Boost controler and step it up a bit.

Glad you were able to adjust the Wastegate rod and got your car running beter. What RPM do you hit Full boost at now???
Bryan858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostTed View Post
On another note, I just dropped the car off to have a downpipe, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with no cat made.

Should be done tomorrow but I wont have time to pick up the car until friday then its directly off to Buttonwillow. I'll let you guys know how that goes.
You may experience some boost creep after that exhaust goes in.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #26
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Posts: 37
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan858 View Post
I actually have the 300zx wastegate. The Turbo setup actually came off Rappadan's ride and I made my own FMIC, exhaust, heat sheild, running on Supra injectors and a walbro 195lph.. I also rebuilt the turbo and everything ran great till recently. I'll have to get under the hood again and check for any leaks.. I'm not 100% sure but I've also noticed I'm running real rich at full throttle so It may be bogging me down. I've yet to wire my WBO2 to the MS and I have almost no activity from my NBO2 on the Megatune so I'm guessing I have a lazy NBO2 at the moment... Well at any rate I am very happy with the Greddy kit and can't wait to get a Boost controler and step it up a bit.

Glad you were able to adjust the Wastegate rod and got your car running beter. What RPM do you hit Full boost at now???
I believe Im getting full boost under 4k.
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #27
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 398
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
I'm not sure the OP wants to run 10psi on band-aids, hes just trying to get a little quicker spool. But yes you are right.
Is 10psi on bandaids not a good idea?



Greddy is actually pretty good ;p

get a new dp and throw away the cat.
gompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #28
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

i have a turbo tony downpipe for sale., pm me if u want it

i ran 10 psi on my greddy kit with bandaids for months and months of hard driving, and it was fine
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Braselton, Ga
Posts: 40
Total Cats: 0
Default

wut is bandaids? Must know jargon.
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #30
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: worcester ma
Posts: 1,124
Total Cats: 0
Default

wow, pitt, ur quote in ur sig... just wow
urgaynknowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

LOL @ it, where'd it come from?
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #32
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Braselton, Ga
Posts: 40
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
LOL @ it, where'd it come from?
http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-cars-for/69201
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #33
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #34
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Posts: 37
Total Cats: 0
Default

Minor update....
holy **** the car makes a lot more power now with the downpipe, exhaust and no cat. Took it for a spin around the block before I loaded it on the trailer. Tomorrow is going to be very fun!
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Told you so.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.