Prefabbed Turbo Kits A place to discuss prefabricated turbo kits on the market
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

web camshafts are these good..

 
Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bay area,California
Posts: 79
Total Cats: 0
Default web camshafts are these good..

deseroner is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 08:59 PM
  #2  
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,538
Total Cats: 40
Default

^^ +1, cheater..

they're an NA grind, doubt they'd be any good for turbo.
kotomile is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
  #3  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (62)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 76,619
Total Cats: 2,316
Default

If everyone adds cams then it's not cheating.
Braineack is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM
  #4  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I hope someone reports that guy to SCCA and he gets an impound inspection after every race..
It's only cheating if you get busted doing it.

Cheat to win,that's what I always say.
spike is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bay area,California
Posts: 79
Total Cats: 0
Default

will these be good with my greddy setup
deseroner is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
  #6  
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,616
Total Cats: 5
Default

Originally Posted by deseroner View Post
will these be good with my greddy setup
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
they're an NA grind, doubt they'd be any good for turbo.
I tend to agree with kotomile.
Trent is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
  #7  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

^ if everyone and their mother cheats in SM then everyone is on equal ground as far as performance goes,but the ones that don't cheat will be left behind?
spike is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
  #8  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by MikeD View Post

They pay alott of money to have a "stock" 1.6L that pulls harder than my stock 1.8L.. You can bet its not stock, and you can bet that its very hard to bust.
Like I said before it's only cheating if you get caught.
spike is offline  
Old 02-01-2007, 11:23 PM
  #9  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Total Cats: 0
Default

if you have to cheat to win you're really not playing the same game. Comments like that will lose you a lot of friends and probably earn you a lot of protests in Solo...

In spec maybe a dry smile.

I remember our first event a young man introduced himself with his smooth southern accent and proceeded to tell us all the illegal engine internals he had...

then later we came to find he was leading the national points race

That's ok, you cheat and you drive like a hack and people will know it and you will get caught. It will cost you $$ to pay for tear down, it will cost you $$ in fines, it will cost you repuation and if you run a business that translates to more $$. In the end it's not worth it for a game, there's no money on the line.

These cheater cams are one item in a series of common "cheats" many SM drivers are guilty of, but the really great drivers aren't cheating at all. They're working their asses off with well prepared machines and tons and tons of seat time.

It could be argued though...the whole point keeping costs low...that for $250 in headwork I can have a motor that performs onpar with so-called "stock" sunbelt motors that are so ridiculously prepared but tear-down proof they cost about half what my entire car cost to put together.

And at one point 80% of the top 10 was running one.

Mike's been exposed at the national level, where there is a national amount of pride on the line. I suspect the talent dictates a bit less money being spent in the regional field I'll be in this year.
thefirebuilds is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 AM
  #10  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Blake,if I was gonna cheat.....do you really think I would tell anyone that I'm doing it and risk getting caught.

In motorsports everyone finds a way to cheat,either it be the weekend racer or the pros.Heck even those idiots on the show "PINKS" cheat.
spike is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
  #11  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I dont cheat.

Guess that makes me a nobody
No it just means your honest and play by the rules.
spike is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 12:59 AM
  #12  
Elite Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,270
Total Cats: -4
Default

like they're going to check your cam anyway
Philip is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 AM
  #13  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Philip View Post
like they're going to check your cam anyway
^ very true.

If your not cheating,your not winning.
spike is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 AM
  #14  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

In every sport there is cheating,either it be illegal performance enhancements in motor racing or faking injuries to favor your team in soccer,NHL,NBA or NFL,**** they even cheat in tennis and golf.Hell even profesional body builders cheat(steroids)to win.
spike is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 AM
  #15  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 15,310
Total Cats: 2,019
Default

Originally Posted by spike View Post
^ very true.

If your not cheating,your not winning.
I race shifter karts competitively at a club level. I've won heat races. My kart is 100% legal. If you have to cheat to win in motorsports, you need to learn how to drive.
__________________

High-Performance Turbo Specialists - Sunnyvale, CA - Email us!

Originally Posted by codrus View Post
Basically I've come over to the camp of "If something is a reliability problem on the track, just ask Andrew and do what he says".
Savington is online now  
Old 02-02-2007, 02:37 AM
  #16  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,614
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Savington View Post
I race shifter karts competitively at a club level. I've won heat races. My kart is 100% legal. If you have to cheat to win in motorsports, you need to learn how to drive.
Since you are an excellent shifter kart driver,just think how many more races you could win if you cheated.
spike is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 AM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 473
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by spike View Post
Since you are an excellent shifter kart driver,just think how many more races you could win if you cheated.


whatever helps you sleep at night. i would much rather lose honestly than win dishonestly. but maybe im crazy
Rage_Kage is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 03:29 AM
  #18  
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,651
Total Cats: 111
Default

Excellent drivers who cheat:
Richard Petty, ran a motor 24 inches over the limit, ran illegal tires

Darrell Waltrip, lightened his car past the limit, strapped weight to his inspection set of wheels, would pit early in the race to get "regular" wheels. Also would put 60-70 lbs of lead in his inspection helmet, which would always have to be replaced because of "radio issues" before the race

Jimmy Johnson, connected his rear window to the track bar, so a track bar adjustment would change the angle of the window to deflect air over the rear spoiler

Jeff Gordon, illegal intake mani

Jeremy Mayfield, fuel additives

Jeremy Mayfield, roof line too low

Kurt Busch, failed template tests

These are just a few instances of people who were caught, and I could remember. There were practically no penalties sactioned against any of the cheaters.

Rumoured cheats that noone will specifically fess up to:
Using NOS in qualifying, hiding NOS equipment in driver's suit
Radio controlled actuators to lower spoiler angle during a race
Using magnets to stretch the fuel cell to hold more gas
Intentionally dropping debris on the track to avoid being lapped
Hollow roll bars filled with shot, dumped out during the course of a raise
Hollow roll bars filled with fuel
__________________
DIYAutoTune.com Tech Support
10AE-T|BEGi S4|MSPNP-Pro EMS|Enthuza Duals|6UL|Etc
Track Rat|2001|VVT|MS3-Pro EMS|Enthuza|Exocet in Progress

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Buy an MSPNP Pro, you'll feel better.
Ben is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
  #19  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Philip View Post
like they're going to check your cam anyway
I donno what you're talking about, but cams are about the easiest thing to catch. Trust me, they check 'em.
thefirebuilds is offline  
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
  #20  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Excellent drivers who cheat:
Richard Petty, ran a motor 24 inches over the limit, ran illegal tires

Darrell Waltrip, lightened his car past the limit, strapped weight to his inspection set of wheels, would pit early in the race to get "regular" wheels. Also would put 60-70 lbs of lead in his inspection helmet, which would always have to be replaced because of "radio issues" before the race

Jimmy Johnson, connected his rear window to the track bar, so a track bar adjustment would change the angle of the window to deflect air over the rear spoiler

Jeff Gordon, illegal intake mani

Jeremy Mayfield, fuel additives

Jeremy Mayfield, roof line too low

Kurt Busch, failed template tests

These are just a few instances of people who were caught, and I could remember. There were practically no penalties sactioned against any of the cheaters.

Rumoured cheats that noone will specifically fess up to:
Using NOS in qualifying, hiding NOS equipment in driver's suit
Radio controlled actuators to lower spoiler angle during a race
Using magnets to stretch the fuel cell to hold more gas
Intentionally dropping debris on the track to avoid being lapped
Hollow roll bars filled with shot, dumped out during the course of a raise
Hollow roll bars filled with fuel

bunch of dirty moonshiners.

guys just got caught at the runoffs with a roll cage made almost entirely with exhaust tubing instead of the spec'd steel
thefirebuilds is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: web camshafts are these good..


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.