I has LSD ? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Total Cats: -17
Default

The old one was open.
Not sure about the new one
Wrx warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 889
Total Cats: 55
Default

I'm not as smart as brainy (who is?) but sometimes major drive components like differentials have these things called vehicle identification numbers. generally you can use them to identify the parts specifics. if you're curious that is. If you're drifting anyway you may as well just use an open anyway, anyway. anyway.
krissetsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

or while the diff is uninstalled, you pull the half-shafts and take a look through the hole and figure it out yourself?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #24
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Royal Oak Michigan
Posts: 756
Total Cats: 67
Default

Or although I dont recommend it - you could attempt what I'm doing today. Although I broke mine from something completely different.

https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...-60308/page36/
miatauser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #25
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 889
Total Cats: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
or while the diff is uninstalled, you pull the half-shafts and take a look through the hole and figure it out yourself?
already installed :-/

but good advice for noobs changing out their difs.
krissetsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,193
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem768 View Post
Or although I dont recommend it - you could attempt what I'm doing today. Although I broke mine from something completely different.

https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...-60308/page36/

You broke yours from being badass. He broke his from being an ***.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 700
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
The old one was open.
Not sure about the new one
Ship it to me for 25 bucks then.
golftdibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

I broke a PPF....fuck you guys.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #29
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Royal Oak Michigan
Posts: 756
Total Cats: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
I broke a PPF....fuck you guys.
My PPF is also broken. Cracked at the diff mounting point.
miatauser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
No the diff was not. when we had opened it, one of the gears was missing teeth. I hit this pothole at like 70. You can see all te oil/grease from where the cv blew out when the diff fell. only fell a few inches because of my ride height. I bought a new acel from auto sone and thats what i used along with the new 30$ diff. It didnt work so today I Took the axel back where I got it for a new one thinking it could have been a fluke. I just got home about to change the axel.
The diff will work even with broken teeth in the ring gear or pinion gear. Ask me how I know.

BTW Scott, when I type like retard, this is the kind of shizt I am parodying. ^^^
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

If you eventually replace every single part of your car with new parts, is it still the same car?

the parody was taking over you. consuming you. you were the parody. death. midnight.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Total Cats: -17
Default

Guys I understand you hate me, but please allow me to learn.
Wrx warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Pro-tip:

If you want to learn, STOP ******* POSTING STUPID ****!

Start here: Build Threads - Miata Turbo Forum - Home to the Turbo Miata

Read through the first 3 pages of posts in their entirety (I found it helps to display 60 posts per page when reading through long build-threads) and only then can you even think about asking a question.

These guys have documented every single question you could possibly have, so you need to STFU and start reading instead of posting.

I learned quickly. You better learn quickly also before you are banned.

Also when you post, it helps to pretend you are not a 15 year old typing on a phone. Use real words and structure.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 700
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
Guys I understand you hate me, but please allow me to learn.
ok.

I'd bet (25 bucks) that you have an torsen LSD already in both of those diffs. If you really did score that third member for 28 dollars, you got a hellva deal.

Miata diff spotters guide: Differential Spotters Guide
golftdibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
Guys I understand you hate me, but please allow me to learn.

Post pics of GF or weinis then.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #36
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Total Cats: -17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
ok.

I'd bet (25 bucks) that you have an torsen LSD already in both of those diffs. If you really did score that third member for 28 dollars, you got a hellva deal.

Miata diff spotters guide: Differential Spotters Guide
That's the exact guide I used I just did not check the new diff.
Possibly later this week I'll take it and put it back in the air to properly check the new diff.
And yes, the new diff came out to 31.22$ from pick n pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
Pro-tip:

If you want to learn, STOP ******* POSTING STUPID ****!

Start here: Build Threads - Miata Turbo Forum - Home to the Turbo Miata

Read through the first 3 pages of posts in their entirety (I found it helps to display 60 posts per page when reading through long build-threads) and only then can you even think about asking a question.

These guys have documented every single question you could possibly have, so you need to STFU and start reading instead of posting.

I learned quickly. You better learn quickly also before you are banned.

Also when you post, it helps to pretend you are not a 15 year old typing on a phone. Use real words and structure.
Thanks for the thread. It has a lot of the info I was looking for.
So I'll keep my news status for a bit longer till I can get a dam good amount of info on the Mazda. I never said I knew everything so please don't think that I'm on the forums and am like "too good" to hear what you guys have to say.
Not the case at all, you guys know way more than I do.

I honestly think my approach was better than introducing myself as,
" hey guys I got this eBay turbo kit, now put it on for me "
Or
"kid with stupid slammed Mazda Is just here to talk **** "

I understand you guys don't like the slammed look and that it took away from one of the only things that made the mx5 worth a dam, the handling.

Just so everyone's clear, I Do Not intend to Autox on the current set up. I'm done with this "low and slow game" it was fun for a while, then it just got old ESP after I destroyed a diff.
Wrx warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
Guys I understand you hate me, but please allow me to learn.
Well, you've displayed the lack of reading skills by posting your DOG in the CAT thread....so I've written you off as someone who won't follow directions anyway.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
rccote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,595
Total Cats: 17
Default

This has to be the funniest thread I've read all day.
rccote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #39
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Total Cats: -17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
Well, you've displayed the lack of reading skills by posting your DOG in the CAT thread....so I've written you off as someone who won't follow directions anyway.
There were other dogs in the thread lol
Don't worry, I'll get my **** together soon enough.
Wrx warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 700
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx warrior View Post
That's the exact guide I used I just did not check the new diff.
Possibly later this week I'll take it and put it back in the air to properly check the new diff.
And yes, the new diff came out to 31.22$ from pick n pull.


well it has the mass damper on the nose so unless someone changed it it's a torsen.
golftdibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
WTT 4.30 Torsen for 3.90 sergmann Miata parts for sale/trade 4 10-01-2015 01:46 AM
Miata Newbie hdizzle Meet and Greet 8 09-21-2015 11:08 AM
1991 Turbo Miata partout tottestad Miata parts for sale/trade 18 09-14-2015 08:52 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 02:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.