MSM clutch delay valve? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2014, 05:26 AM   #21
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 514
Total Cats: 33
Default

There's also this, if you want to ditch the hard pipe, the two rubber lines, and the curly cue line. MiataRoadster "Straight Shot" clutch line
TheScaryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 784
Default

Cameron dont you already have that long line I sent with you? Or is that not long enough for the whole thing?
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #23
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 674
Total Cats: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScaryOne View Post
There's also this, if you want to ditch the hard pipe, the two rubber lines, and the curly cue line. MiataRoadster "Straight Shot" clutch line
I already have a line that goes from the old firewall connection on the passenger side to the slave, but thanks I wasn't aware that line went all the way across!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Cameron dont you already have that long line I sent with you? Or is that not long enough for the whole thing?
Both those lines went from the factory soft line position on the passenger side of the firewall to the slave, not the hole way.
vteckiller2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #24
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 674
Total Cats: 29
Default

For the record there is a restrictor in the MSM master cylinder in the banjo bolt adapter. I swapped the master cylinder to the common non MSM one and the pedal is free to move as fast as my foot now.
vteckiller2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:50 AM   #25
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
mr_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 799
Total Cats: 25
Default

This is new info to the MSM community. I don't clutch drop any of my cars so I never noticed anything strange. Now I need to try and remember if the track car kept the NA clutch hydraulics or got the MSM transplant... Master, slave and the 949 braided line have been changed anyway but I don't remember about the hard line banjo fitting...
mr_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 784
Default

I swear i saw a thread about this on mazda-speed forums a year or two ago, but i couldn't find it when i went back and searched.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #27
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 674
Total Cats: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_hyde View Post
This is new info to the MSM community. I don't clutch drop any of my cars so I never noticed anything strange. Now I need to try and remember if the track car kept the NA clutch hydraulics or got the MSM transplant... Master, slave and the 949 braided line have been changed anyway but I don't remember about the hard line banjo fitting...
I find it really amazing nobody else ever posted any definitive answer to the question, but it is extremely obvious driving it back to back. And I bled the **** out of it before I swapped the master since that's what everyone said would fix my slow pedal.

I left the box with the old master and slave at the shop, but I will get detailed pictures when I return for more dyno work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I swear i saw a thread about this on mazda-speed forums a year or two ago, but i couldn't find it when i went back and searched.
IIRC the guy said "yeah it has a delay valve" and that was that.
vteckiller2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #28
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Posts: 1,187
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
For the record there is a restrictor in the MSM master cylinder in the banjo bolt adapter. I swapped the master cylinder to the common non MSM one and the pedal is free to move as fast as my foot now.
Note to self...swap out my Master Cylinder or remove restrictor
Preluding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #29
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 674
Total Cats: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preluding View Post
Note to self...swap out my Master Cylinder or remove restrictor
You're going to want to do that with that bull of an engine!
vteckiller2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.