04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wirral, UK
Total Cats: 0
I am very interested in your car and would like to pick your brain as you seem to be very nowligable from your posts and spec of car.
I have a 996 which I have taken on the track a few times and a friend of mine took me out in his MX5 and showed me what proper fun was ,in his MX5. I was so impressed with the fun you could have, with out risking lots of money (I really couldn't afford to crash the Porka) so I bought an MX5 track day car last year (£800). This has been great on Anglesey (small bendy track) but felt it was a little bit too under powed for Oulton Park, so looked into turbo'ing the MX5. In the process of this I came across a 1991 1.6 with a Greddy Turbo (£1640) on it and 63Km on the clock (allegedly). The car also has a 'HKS AIC Si Additional Injector Controller' and 5th injector, but these are currently not connected. My plan is to make a usable robust track car and fit an intercooler, BOV and oil cooler to my car and connect the Add Inj Controller and 5th inj & set it up on the rolling road.
1) Where do you live ? Is there a rolling road tuner that you can recommend in Merseyside ?
2) Do you know anything I need to look out for when connecting my Add Inj controller ?
3) Have you put a larger rad on your car ?
4) Did you suffer from over heating on trackdays as I know the abuse it gets on these days?
5) which intercooler did you use ?
I'm trying to keep costs to a minimuim, but understand that it will be better to set the car up properly before I track it, to save it going bang on the track ! Which I really don't want.
Any help would be greatfully received, thanks .....................Adam