11-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Total Cats: 0
Ok, I rechecked all the mods for the MS to work with the miata and everything checks out. I used an mulitmeter to check all the resistance values and it all checks out.
I used the multi-meter to measure voltages coming from the CAS and i only get 2.5 volts. Is this correct? I thought it was supposed to be 5V. Am I wrong? I'm just not seeing any RPMs in Megatune, so this makes me believe that either my CAS is not working correctly or something is wrong with my MS. Maybe i'm missing components? I checked everything and compared it with Braineacks DIY sticky and all the components are there.
This is what happens when i turn the car to the on position without starting it
1. The fuel pump turns out for a little while
2. The two outer LED's on the MS are on
1. all gauges are white except for the RPM, AFR, and pulse width 1
2. all other sensors are giving readings
This is what happens when i try to start the car
1. Engine cranks and cranks and cranks, like i have no spark at all
1. RPM gauge is still red
2. Map sensor is showing approx. 85-90 kpa (normal is 99kpa without cranking, sea level)
3. IAT is showing ambient air temp
4. Coolant is close to ambient.
This leads me to believe that i'm not getting an RPM signal therefore it won't spark.
HELP ME DIAGNOSE THIS!! ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
What steps should I take to diagnose this problem.
Everything runs perfectly on the OEM ECU, so I don't think the CAS is a problem.....