OG Racing: PFC race pads. - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #61
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

just got back from a hot as hell Road Atlanta event. worked more on my brake balance. Now the Deceleration rate is incredible. i'll wear out my harness at this rate.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #62
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

you can watch my lap here. had a real hard time with the trans not wanting to shift, so the whole track was 4th -5th

OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #63
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,401
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

I'm going to be super critical here: It looks like you turned in early for 9, missed the apex and then pinched the track out and lifted early for 10a. I've been in the passenger seat at 158mph in a Porsche street car going into that braking zone and I know your car has more capability than you were comfortable using. Stay on the throttle until it is time to use the brake. And use the whole track if you aren't blocking for position, lol.

Looks like a fun car.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #64
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
I'm going to be super critical here: It looks like you turned in early for 9, missed the apex and then pinched the track out and lifted early for 10a. I've been in the passenger seat at 158mph in a Porsche street car going into that braking zone and I know your car has more capability than you were comfortable using. Stay on the throttle until it is time to use the brake. And use the whole track if you aren't blocking for position, lol.

Looks like a fun car.
Thank you for the advice. anyone that says they know everything is a liar. I have a new splitter so getting used to turn 10a braking is a whole new world for me. i need to relearn it. i was also lifting before turn 6 because i ran out of gear in 4th and a clutch hydraulic issue wouldn't let me shift into 5th. i still think the car has a 1:35 in it as it sits.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #65
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

order yourself a RSR and get a Big *** PFC KIT.



OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #66
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,401
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

Did PFC reformulate their street pads in the last 5 years? I just put some on the Tundra and they are great. One of the guys on another forum said he tried some back in '09 and they dusted badly and ate rotors on his van. After 2 weeks it seems these I bought don't dust much at all.


The guy at O'Reilly's surprised me when he offered PFC as an option since I didn't know they had them.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #67
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Did PFC reformulate their street pads in the last 5 years? I just put some on the Tundra and they are great. One of the guys on another forum said he tried some back in '09 and they dusted badly and ate rotors on his van. After 2 weeks it seems these I bought don't dust much at all.


The guy at O'Reilly's surprised me when he offered PFC as an option since I didn't know they had them.
yep, they changed the street formula every few years just to keep on top. the new 19 compound is coming out shortly. should be similar to a hp+ with less dust and higher temp rating, say 1400* vs hp+ 700* max.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #68
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,401
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

So I can track the Tundra?

Seriously though, these pads are incredible compared to the cheapo ones that were on it previously. I highly recommend them.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #69
Boosting since 1984
iTrader: (1)
 
stefanst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Levittown
Posts: 994
Total Cats: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRacing View Post
yep, they changed the street formula every few years just to keep on top. the new 19 compound is coming out shortly. should be similar to a hp+ with less dust and higher temp rating, say 1400* vs hp+ 700* max.
And for Pete's sake talk them into making the 11 and 19 compounds in the sports brake size!
stefanst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #70
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanst View Post
And for Pete's sake talk them into making the 11 and 19 compounds in the sports brake size!
i'm working with them now to make the Corvette c6 Z06 pads. After that i'll work on sport pads.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #71
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

97 compounds are back in stock.

PFC 97 compound. good for dirt and small tire applications. low Tq friction levels that cater to lower traction that provide excellent modulation characteristics. good for 200QUTG tire and lower.. mild to no aero cars.

yes they will throw sparks.


0525.97.14.44



Click here for more information->***
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #72
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

97 compound would be an excellent match for the new new maxxis tire that was released today.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #73
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Congratulation to Jim Drago and dominating all weekend at the SCCA majors @ Road Atlanta. 2 Pole positions and 2 race victorys. Jim races on PFC pads.









OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #74
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,138
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRacing View Post
97 compound would be an excellent match for the new new maxxis tire that was released today.
Do you have stuff for NCs? I just bought one and I need pads that work well enough to drive 5+ hours to the track, not kill me on track, and then drive me home.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #75
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Do you have stuff for NCs? I just bought one and I need pads that work well enough to drive 5+ hours to the track, not kill me on track, and then drive me home.
for the NC i've been sending padgid yellows. the same ones Freedom autosport uses. the problem with the nc is getting the life from them. the yellows where the only ones that lasted.





what tire are you running?
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #76
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,138
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRacing View Post
for the NC i've been sending padgid yellows. the same ones Freedom autosport uses. the problem with the nc is getting the life from them. the yellows where the only ones that lasted.





what tire are you running?
Sumitomo HTR Z III's. 245/40/17 on a 17x8. They are what the car came with, but I plan on going with wider wheels and better tires once they wear out.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #77
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Sumitomo HTR Z III's. 245/40/17 on a 17x8. They are what the car came with, but I plan on going with wider wheels and better tires once they wear out.
Search results for: 'mx-5'

here you go. use these. the MX-5 had a real hard time on Hoosires making the pads last a full 2 hours. it's a large tire, with a thin pad. these where the only pads that would cut the mustard. on the tires your using they should last you a long time.
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:18 AM   #78
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,138
Total Cats: 28
Default

Ok, so run the yellows in front, orange in back? I assume I need to resurface my rotors for these to work?

These can also be driven around town, correct?
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #79
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE NM
Posts: 1,138
Total Cats: 28
Default

Ok, I re-read the thread in an attempt to be more useful and I saw you saying that I can swap race pads from the current street pads when I go to an event and swap right back over to the street stuff when I get back with no ill effects?

Last edited by Chilicharger665; 03-29-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Chilicharger665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:17 AM   #80
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,574
Total Cats: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilicharger665 View Post
Ok, I re-read the thread in an attempt to be more useful and I saw you saying that I can swap race pads from the current street pads when I go to an event and swap right back over to the street stuff when I get back with no ill effects?
With PFC's yes. padgids can be a bit more finicky, they can have some pad build up issues when you mix transfer layers. do use a fresh rotor or a cut rotor. best is to have a set of track rotors that stay with the pads.

on a mx5 if you want to keep one set of rotors, i would use a set of hawks. go for the DTc-60 Front and DTC-30's rear. They won't last as long as the padgid, and it will engage the ABS easier, but pad slapping is easier. they also don't start working at lower temps like the padgids. so street driving in cool weather should be done with caution.
Hawk HB522G.565 Racing Pad - DTC-60 Compound
Hawk HB523W.539 Racing Pad - DTC-30 Compound
OGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 53 Today 05:52 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
15x10 - 15x11 6UL @ 949 Racing emilio700 Wheels and Tires 143 05-21-2016 06:48 PM
ACT race clutch and AASCO 7lb. aluminum flywheel graexodus Miata parts for sale/trade 5 10-26-2015 02:48 PM
SimExperience fiberglass race seat in Chicago area chris101 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-09-2015 10:08 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.