Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Insert BS here > Current Events, News, Politics
Reload this Page >

Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread

Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread

 
Old 01-18-2019, 12:55 AM
  #13401  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,555
Total Cats: 2,679
Default

Clarification: the following is not a response to anything which has been posted in this thread previously:

I find the phrase "war crime" to be interesting. I base this largely on the fact that many actions which are considered to be crimes under the civil and criminal codes of most countries when done by civilians, are acceptable conduct of warfare under international law.

Without trying to minimize the massive amount of jurist thought which has gone into drawing this distinction, I none the less find it a curious one.


(And, Samnavy, I want to specifically point out that this post is in no way influenced by or directed at you, in case the fact that this post immediately succeeds yours seems suspicious. Some interesting thoughts have been going through my head today, many of which were not influenced by alcohol.)
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 AM
  #13402  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

what better way to protect us from a russian invasion?!



#howtotellyourbasejustwantsvotes
Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:32 AM
  #13403  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default






Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:32 AM
  #13404  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default



Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM
  #13405  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:38 AM
  #13406  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

for Joe Perez

Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 12:02 PM
  #13407  
Design Engineer
iTrader: (1)
 
DNMakinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 3,278
Total Cats: 425
Default Read John Locke

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Once the mugger is threatening your life and holding you captive (kidnapped), it is reasonable to assume he will not only rob you, but kill you. Thus, you're right, at that moment, to apply deadly force in return. However, if robbery is over, and robber is running away, it is not OK to shoot him in the back (even if you are a policeman).

Last edited by DNMakinson; 01-18-2019 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Corrected "your" to "you're", even though Brain has already quoted my error.
DNMakinson is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 12:17 PM
  #13408  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,555
Total Cats: 2,679
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
for Joe Perez
(leftyjenny is tired of *****-based decision making)
She has a good point. Despite the fact that the news directors at both my current station and the one before it were female, the operations director and I covertly used the power of our penises to subvert their editorial decision-making.
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 12:46 PM
  #13409  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,555
Total Cats: 2,679
Default




This is starting to remind me of the events which led HAL to murder the Discovery crew.

"He was instructed to lie. By people find it easy to lie. HAL doesn't know how.

Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 01:17 PM
  #13410  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

CNN at it again. fact checkin ****.

Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 01:19 PM
  #13411  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

Originally Posted by DNMakinson View Post
Once the mugger is threatening your life and holding you captive (kidnapped), it is reasonable to assume he will not only rob you, but kill you. Thus, your right, at that moment, to apply deadly force in return. However, if robbery is over, and robber is running away, it is not OK to shoot him in the back (even if you are a policeman).
i can live with that.
Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 PM
  #13412  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default


Nancy Pelosi is terrified, number one, of her extreme left-wing base; she is captive to that; and number two, the position of Congressional Democrats in this shutdown is objectively unreasonable.

It’s not a substantive disagreement; it’s that they’re terrified of their extreme left wing, who hates Trump. And that’s why we’re having a shutdown. So why does Nancy Pelosi not want the State of the Union? Because the State of the Union is an enormous platform for the president to speak directly to the American people, and she doesn’t want people focusing on the substance of this issue(s).
Braineack is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 03:33 PM
  #13413  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,218
Total Cats: 113
Default

Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
^That guy got exactly what he wanted, a viral YT video. You can only push somebody so far... low-bar rednecks have only one response when they meet their "say it one more time" threshold, and it's not to calmly walk away counting backwards from 10. I don't feel sorry that guy even a little. Dude was nobody and now gets his 15 minutes. In his mind, babies will definitely be saved because he took a punch.

And if that guy had been carrying, and shot that redneck, 50/50 the local DA decides to press charges for instigating the whole thing. "You pushed him until he broke, which was your plan all along, so you could then kill him and claim self-defense!" It all depends on the county and how good your public defender is. And even if there's not criminal charges, you're gonna get sued in civil court by that guys estate and you can kiss goodbye whatever your "normal" life is for many years and many tens of thousands of dollars.
100% agree. Guy was looking for a confrontation and got one. It's sad he didn't really get an *** whooping.

Maybe everyone should like, focus on their own life?
z31maniac is offline  
Old 01-18-2019, 03:43 PM
  #13414  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,555
Total Cats: 2,679
Default

Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
Maybe everyone should like, focus on their own life?
That doesn't generate views.
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-18-2019, 09:53 PM
  #13415  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kauai, HI
Posts: 6,229
Total Cats: 213
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
That doesn't generate views.
Correct... and don't get me wrong, I fully support the right to legally protest and all the great stuff in the Bill of Rights. There is also nothing illegal with having a conversation with somebody in public, nor was it "right" for that redneck to hit that guy.

However, the guys who wrote the papers that founded our country and set it on it's glorious journey only asked THEMSELVES what the paper should say... they did not ask the Universe. In the end, the Universe has some say in whether or not a guy gets punched in the face, regardless of pieces of paper written hundreds of years ago. When a redneck gets pushed too far by a bro who has likely never been in any kind of "situation" before, the Universe has pre-determined the outcome.

Let me pontificate for a second about the guy who got punched. Based on his actions during the moment, and by the actions of those around him... (like the guy who mumbles "we're filming" in a scared-to-death tone as the redneck rampages past him)... nobody in that crew had any idea what to do when that guy got out of the truck, to the point that none of them really reacted. They froze.

Thankfully, I've never been in a fight that lasted longer than one punch, never been shot at, and I've never pulled my gun on anybody. But I fucked a pixie-cut red-headed french-Canadian chick about 20 years ago that is still scarier to me than anything I've done flying Navy aircraft. I've been in a few "situations", and am likely a combination of lucky and good to still be here.

The look on the guys face for the entire rest of the video after he got punched, is proof that until that point, he'd never truly been in a "situation" before. He got hit at 1:44, panicked and then his brain mostly shut down until about 4:00 where you can see some higher funcitoning come back. By the end of the video, he still isn't firing on all cylinders.
samnavy is offline  
Old 01-19-2019, 12:43 AM
  #13416  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,555
Total Cats: 2,679
Default

Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
n the end, the Universe has some say in whether or not a guy gets punched in the face, regardless of pieces of paper written hundreds of years ago. When a redneck gets pushed too far by a bro who has likely never been in any kind of "situation" before, the Universe has pre-determined the outcome.
You speak truth.

And this is why I don't feel especially sorry for people like the guy in the video who deliberately create and then escalate situations, seemingly ignorant to the fact that actions have consequences.


But I fucked a pixie-cut red-headed french-Canadian chick about 20 years ago that is still scarier to me than anything I've done flying Navy aircraft.
I'm just quoting that last part because I want to.
Joe Perez is online now  
Old 01-19-2019, 09:35 AM
  #13417  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marylandistan
Posts: 965
Total Cats: 72
Default

3pm.....a day to remember or????
stratosteve is offline  
Old 01-20-2019, 11:59 PM
  #13418  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,218
Total Cats: 113
Default

Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
Correct... and don't get me wrong, I fully support the right to legally protest and all the great stuff in the Bill of Rights. There is also nothing illegal with having a conversation with somebody in public, nor was it "right" for that redneck to hit that guy.

However, the guys who wrote the papers that founded our country and set it on it's glorious journey only asked THEMSELVES what the paper should say... they did not ask the Universe. In the end, the Universe has some say in whether or not a guy gets punched in the face, regardless of pieces of paper written hundreds of years ago. When a redneck gets pushed too far by a bro who has likely never been in any kind of "situation" before, the Universe has pre-determined the outcome.

Let me pontificate for a second about the guy who got punched. Based on his actions during the moment, and by the actions of those around him... (like the guy who mumbles "we're filming" in a scared-to-death tone as the redneck rampages past him)... nobody in that crew had any idea what to do when that guy got out of the truck, to the point that none of them really reacted. They froze.

Thankfully, I've never been in a fight that lasted longer than one punch, never been shot at, and I've never pulled my gun on anybody. But I fucked a pixie-cut red-headed french-Canadian chick about 20 years ago that is still scarier to me than anything I've done flying Navy aircraft. I've been in a few "situations", and am likely a combination of lucky and good to still be here.

The look on the guys face for the entire rest of the video after he got punched, is proof that until that point, he'd never truly been in a "situation" before. He got hit at 1:44, panicked and then his brain mostly shut down until about 4:00 where you can see some higher funcitoning come back. By the end of the video, he still isn't firing on all cylinders.
Yep.

I never served, but worked in plenty of rough places to understand what's going around me (Tulsa then and even more so now, is a surprisingly rough place for violent crime) . I've never had a firearm pulled on me, but have been robbed at knife point when I worked at QT in high school in a fairly, rough part of town. Worked at one store where the night manager was robbed overnight and taken into the cooler and beaten to death with a baseball bat.

There is a quote from the hysterically funny Canadian show, Letterkenny, that seems appropriate. I've had much wine, so I'm paraphrasing a bit, "Perhaps if you had been in a real fight you wouldn't want to get into another."

z31maniac is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:21 AM
  #13419  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

Joe Perez

no bias.





really i should say no journalism. the problem is: the damage is already done. All the useful idiots who watched the coverage believe there christian school kids were taught by their clansmen parents to hate on the Black Israelites and Native Americans. I can prove this based on all the retarded posts on FB feeds from the last few liberal friends I haven't unfollowed. They watched a deceptively edited video of a kid awkwardly standing near an old weirdo banging a drum and now the kid is a racist and should be expelled. The media instantly jumped on the story to prove Trump colluded with Russia and even in stories where they basically clear the kid, they still say he was taunting the native american. These kids/parents sue should for libel.


and now for some dank *** memes:
















































































































bonus journalism:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclus...wing-activism/

TOP STORY

EXCLUSIVE: Native Man Who Harassed Catholic Teens Linked To Big Money Left-Wing Activism

Last edited by Braineack; 01-21-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Braineack is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 09:42 AM
  #13420  
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,674
Total Cats: 2,208
Default

Braineack is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Political/Current Events Random, Pics, and Videos Thread


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.