ARTech vs ABSURDflow - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 69
Total Cats: -45
Default ARTech vs ABSURDflow

I will be in the market for a custom turbo manifold and came across these two companies as reputable fabricators for the miata community. Has anybody had personal experience with these companies? Customer service, quality of work, who stands behind their work the best, ect. Im just looking for the highest quality parts and wanted some feedback from people who have had personal experience. Thanks.
97miatanola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,701
Total Cats: 319
Default

Have you read any negative reviews of either product? Search and research a little.

To offer my experience, I have everything Abe (Artech) makes.

Turbo Manifold
3" downpipe
Full 3" exhaust (all v-band)
Modified mixing manifold
Welded NPT bung on oil pan
oil lines
coolant lines

Zero complaints.

It took a while to get the parts in, but my build was taking longer so I wasn't worried about downtime. When I purchased from Abe, he guaranteed the work on his manifold against all failure, but I won't speak for him. Best thing to do is contact both and see what fits your budget and time frame. Then decide for yourself.

Last edited by psyber_0ptix; 05-12-2014 at 08:12 PM.
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Both Abe and Tim make wonderful manifolds. Unfortunately Tim is not currently making any more setups as he swapped in a V6 into his car that he built them on. So you are left with getting one from Abe at Artech.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 69
Total Cats: -45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
Have you read any negative reviews of either product? Search and research a little.

To offer my experience, I have everything Abe (Artech) makes.

Turbo Manifold
3" downpipe
Full 3" exhaust (all v-band)
Modified mixing manifold
Welded NPT bung on oil pan
oil lines
coolant lines

Zero complaints.

It took a while to get the parts in, but my build was taking longer so I wasn't worried about downtime. When I purchased from Abe, he guaranteed the work on his manifold against all failure, but I won't speak for him. Best thing to do is contact both and see what fits your budget and time frame. Then decide for yourself.


I really appreciate the feedback. I will definatly give him a call in the near future when I'm ready to buy my setup. I know there are a lot of factors that go into custom work but what price range should I expect paying if you don't mind me asking. Manifold, Downpipe, Exhaust?
97miatanola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 815
Total Cats: 47
Default

My EFR Setup is from ARTech and is top notch. I'm amazed it fits so well considering he didn't have my actual turbo to work off of.
Mazdaspeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 672
Total Cats: 20
Default

If you want to know prices, contact Abe directly.

ARTech Fabrication - Custom Fabricating
karter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97miatanola View Post
I really appreciate the feedback. I will definatly give him a call in the near future when I'm ready to buy my setup. I know there are a lot of factors that go into custom work but what price range should I expect paying if you don't mind me asking. Manifold, Downpipe, Exhaust?
If you want top of the line quality hot side parts expect to be in the price range of $500-1000 for manifold, $500 or so for downpipe, $500 for exhaust. Prices vary based on how types of material, sizing, and how complicated the design is.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,701
Total Cats: 319
Default

How much are you willing to spend?
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 815
Total Cats: 47
Default

My down pipe and manifold were $1,150 total. That's not indicative of what you'll pay because custom work varies from job to job.
Mazdaspeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

You know what would have been less effort and yielded accurate quotes applicable to your very situation?

Contacting Abe directly.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

I think asking people online what they paid for hteir particular custom parts is better than actually contacing Abe directly.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I think asking people online what they paid for hteir particular custom parts is better than actually contacing Abe directly.


More effort, less results, more character building exercise?
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #13
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 69
Total Cats: -45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I think asking people online what they paid for hteir particular custom parts is better than actually contacing Abe directly.
I was just trying to get a round about answer. I know that since it is custom it will vary but I didn't want to call him if I had no intention of ordering stuff at the moment. Thanks for all of your feedback guys.
97miatanola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,482
Total Cats: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Both Abe and Tim make wonderful manifolds. Unfortunately Tim is not currently making any more setups as he swapped in a V6 into his car that he built them on. So you are left with getting one from Abe at Artech.
Go with Abe, he does great work. There's others on this forum who could make you a manifold too, check the fabrication section..
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSM Exhaust Manifold Pressure Test slmhofy DIY Turbo Discussion 11 09-09-2015 12:46 AM
Flyin' Miata 2.5 or 3.0 exhaust albumleaf WTB 2 09-08-2015 03:11 PM
1.6 Turbo setup for sale slutz4 Miata parts for sale/trade 8 12-06-2010 12:59 AM
New manifold ARTech Artech Fabrication - Miata Accessories 28 09-22-2010 09:57 PM
My ports flow better than your ports TurboTim Insert BS here 16 02-27-2008 11:40 AM


Tags
absurdflow, artech, custom, manifold, turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.