10psi Greddy Turbo - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
I don't have the timing map. It's on the tuning laptop. I'm not gonna post it up even if I had it, I don't think that would be fair to my tuner, who has spent alot of time building it.
FTL.. I would love to see this magical timing map.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,500
Total Cats: 0
Default

i ran the greddy @ 15psi with the 190hp fuel pump off the charts rich (<10:1)with 550cc(flowed 620cc) injectors at less than 80% duty cycle
Mach929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #23
Guest
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach929 View Post
i ran the greddy @ 15psi with the 190hp fuel pump off the charts rich (<10:1)with 550cc(flowed 620cc) injectors at less than 80% duty cycle
What fuel pressure? Stock?

Again, datalogs don't lie....we added fuel, it didn't show on the A/F readings. We added again, still no change. That means there wasn't enough flow. That's the fuel pump. When we change it to a 255, we'll see if it goes away. If it is still having that issue, than I'll admit I was wrong. Until then I'm going with the guy with 14yrs experience, and he says the 190 is maxed out.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #24
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
....If it is still having that issue, than I'll admit I was wrong. Until then I'm going with the guy with 14yrs experience, and he says the 190 is maxed out.
Cant blame you. The walbro 255 is cheaper than a good FPR, but I wonder if there is any relavence in that you're using an OEM FPR. Was fuel pressure checked in any way? Was the eom FPR replaced just in case? If your FPR isnt holding, then the 255 isnt going to help. I'm no expert with turbocharged Miatas by any stretch, I'm just trying to see the easiest and most logical solution first.

I'm looking forward to how this pans out either way.
BoostCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 564
Total Cats: 0
Default

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If your fuel pump was indeed maxed out your pressure would drop off.

I don't think there is any possible way you are maxing out a 190 unless it is failing.

That being said, these things are so cheap you may as well do what makes you happy.
jwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #26
Miotta FTW!
iTrader: (24)
 
Splitime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 4,292
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
What fuel pressure? Stock?

he says the 190 is maxed out.
Stock fuel pressure for myself... and I'm betting others.

If he says its maxed out... he's wrong. If he says its broken and not working right... that is possible.

You are simply NOT maxing it out.

If you are also just here to post numbers... and aren't really willing to show maps etc... why bother posting? We all contribute here to the general knowledge... its one of the ways that the builds have progressed out of the bandaid/12psi to not blow up phase of turbocharging miatas.
Splitime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,793
Total Cats: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitime View Post
Stock fuel pressure for myself... and I'm betting others.

If he says its maxed out... he's wrong. If he says its broken and not working right... that is possible.

You are simply NOT maxing it out.

If you are also just here to post numbers... and aren't really willing to show maps etc... why bother posting? We all contribute here to the general knowledge... its one of the ways that the builds have progressed out of the bandaid/12psi to not blow up phase of turbocharging miatas.
Hit the nail on the head. Crazy people come here and learn and ask questions and then turn around and refuse to share what they learned to others.

And agree about the F/P stuff too. It's broke It's maxed out.
patsmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,500
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
What fuel pressure? Stock?

Again, datalogs don't lie....we added fuel, it didn't show on the A/F readings. We added again, still no change. That means there wasn't enough flow. That's the fuel pump. When we change it to a 255, we'll see if it goes away. If it is still having that issue, than I'll admit I was wrong. Until then I'm going with the guy with 14yrs experience, and he says the 190 is maxed out.
yep stock pressure, i'm just thinking something is wrong, clogged fuel filter, weak voltage at the pump.....
Mach929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 564
Total Cats: 0
Default

Gotta love the super top secret timing map on the 225hp Miata.
jwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #30
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75
Total Cats: 0
Default

You paid for the service of him writting your maps, it's your tune. It's not a disservice to him, hell you gave him credit here for it.
I dont see the need for keeping it a secret. We're just a bunch of enthusiasts with the same desire. Have you used any useful information from this site?
BoostCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 721
Total Cats: 0
Default

i'm taking my ball and going home!
budget racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #32
Guest
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitime View Post
Stock fuel pressure for myself... and I'm betting others.

If he says its maxed out... he's wrong. If he says its broken and not working right... that is possible.

You are simply NOT maxing it out.

If you are also just here to post numbers... and aren't really willing to show maps etc... why bother posting? We all contribute here to the general knowledge... its one of the ways that the builds have progressed out of the bandaid/12psi to not blow up phase of turbocharging miatas.
I'm posting my dyno results cause I am trying to show that the AEM is a better standalone than the MS. The extra cost IS worth it. If someone wants to buy an AEM EMS, I'll be glad to send copies of the base tune so they can get it running the first try. I'll share the higher boost maps if needed, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
Hit the nail on the head. Crazy people come here and learn and ask questions and then turn around and refuse to share what they learned to others.
Wow...peer pressure approach. Good try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarriner View Post
Gotta love the super top secret timing map on the 225hp Miata.
It's 3/4 deg from knock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostCreep View Post
You paid for the service of him writting your maps, it's your tune. It's not a disservice to him, hell you gave him credit here for it.
I dont see the need for keeping it a secret. We're just a bunch of enthusiasts with the same desire. Have you used any useful information from this site?
I don't pay him. All work done on my car has been volunteered. So it is still HIS tune. He will not share it unless it is going with a new AEM EMS as a base map, since the AEM doesn't come with a base map for AFM removal.

Let me see, "useful info" from this site:

"Don't waste your money on an AEM, just get a MSPNP."
"Greddy kit sucks, just get a Begi instead."
"Haltech isn't any better than MS."
"Turbo Tony / RM downpipes are well made."

Only correct info I can think of that I got from this site was that the Greddy actuator can't hold boost over 8psi. It started having issues at 10psi for me.

Hell, want a good example of bad info, go read the compression ratio thread. How long has that been going on? I am sure there are still people who still think LC is better for making power on a low boost setup. Can't fix stupid, so I stopped trying.

Go read the thread with the dyno from me just running WG. How many pages before it was accepted that I can make that much power? Hell, I don't even think it was accepted, just was called plausible. Good example of how running crap like MS can make things seem impossible cause you have a GOOD standalone.
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 564
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
I'm posting my dyno results cause I am trying to show that the AEM is a better standalone than the MS. The extra cost IS worth it.
You're trying to prove the AEM is better than the MS with HP numbers that have been achieved on a stock ECU?

I don't think you're currently in a position to prove anything because you're not exactly pushing the limits of what's possible with any of the above.
jwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 236
Default

Wow, you are way too cool for us.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
It's 3/4 deg from knock.


I have no idea why you guys would want to run that map.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #36
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
...Only correct info I can think of that I got from this site was that the Greddy actuator can't hold boost over 8psi. It started having issues at 10psi for me.
With nearly 2 years of use and 440 posts I'd think you would know the way things work here. I'd say you were a contributing member... but it appears not. It would rather seem you're biting the hand that's fed you. Now you're butt hurt when you know the attitude of this place will feed on you if you're **** isnt in order.

Good luck with your build. Oh yeah, sorry nobody believes you. It's a shame our collected reasoning cant match up to your 14yr tuner who isnt telling you the tune he has on your car.
BoostCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #37
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,793
Total Cats: 247
Default

Ha, you come here and wanna tell us MS sucks. That's like coming here and saying dri fting is the only real auto sport. Ok. Prove it. Show us WHY your AEM is making more power. Don't tell us "because I said so neh neh neh". You think you're right then prove it. Support your claim with reason. Not BS. And do so in a professional manner. If you can.

And yeah if you're 3/4 degree from knock I DAMN sure don't want your map. That's way too close to run on a street motor. Get a little oil in the combustion chambers and you'll be knocking. 1/2 octane lower fuel and you'll knock. etc. Why did you tuner setup spark so aggressively for a street car?
patsmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
Why did you tuner setup spark so aggressively for a street car?

Because apparently he's trying to sell AEMs.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,702
Total Cats: 236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
Because apparently he's trying to sell AEMs.
Thats what it sounds like to me.
Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.