13b for 93 miata - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 44
Total Cats: 0
Default 13b for 93 miata

hello im new to the forums.

do you guys know were i could get a rotary kit or something to put a 13b in my 93?
djkompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default

there is no kit, you will have to do all the fab yourself. Alot of work, but would be worth it if you know what your doing.

p.s there are kit for the ford 5.0 V8 and the LS1 v8
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 44
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
there is no kit, you will have to do all the fab yourself. Alot of work, but would be worth it if you know what your doing.

p.s there are kit for the ford 5.0 V8 and the LS1 v8
yeah i saw the kits for the v8 and man everything together is so expensive... might as well do a 2jz haha jk
djkompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkompressor View Post
yeah i saw the kits for the v8 and man everything together is so expensive... might as well do a 2jz haha jk
Why not, if you have the tools and you know what your doing, it would be badass. Only problem is space with a 2jz. Eaither way, a swap will cost ya. If your worried about money, just turbo it.
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,168
Total Cats: 0
Default

wanna know a sweet swap for a 93? a BP.
Al Hounos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 3,778
Total Cats: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hounos View Post
wanna know a sweet swap for a 93? a BP.
+ a turbo
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

The only problem with the BP is that it can only make so much power before it would be cheaper to swap in something else. The problem with that is having that much power in a miata is instant death
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,379
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cutlass View Post
The only problem with the BP is that it can only make so much power before it would be cheaper to swap in something else. The problem with that is having that much power in a miata is instant death
Really, How much power is that? Because there are people making in excess of 400 RWHP without tremendously high dollar parts in the BP. Last I checked the cost of a Z06 LS7 motor was about $13k and only made 500 HP.

Really it's the drivetrain that becomes suspect. The 6 speed becomes suspect over 400 RWHP, the axles are suspect north of 300 RWHP, and the tires just can't grab the pavement. The BP motor is capable of making stupid amounts of power with modest amounts of money and major amounts of boost. Unless, of course, you are a ***** who is afraid to turn up the boost.

Mark
Markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

the only thing a 13b is good for is a boat ancor.

cliff notes: rotary = fail
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default

eh, I love rotarys, the whole ocncept makes sence. Just hasent worked out perfect cuz of those peskey apex seals and the heat. I wouldent mind a rotary miata..
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #11
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 790
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantaylor View Post
the only thing a 13b is good for is a boat ancor.

cliff notes: rotary = fail
You ruined it by spelling anchor wrong.

Otherwise
reddroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
LOLA - 92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SWAMPS OF FLORIDA !!!
Posts: 1,161
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
eh, I love rotarys, the whole ocncept makes sence. Just hasent worked out perfect cuz of those peskey apex seals and the heat. I wouldent mind a rotary miata..
Yeah - The rebuild kits for the rotorys are what turned me into a Miata owner. I couldn't fathom $1200 just for the rebuild kit - It wasn't worth it, so I picked up LOLA and sold my RX-7. I don't regret it at all .
I now have better gas mileage and don't have to worry about APEX seals - And LOLA is faster than the RX-7 was.
LOLA - 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 178
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA - 92 View Post
Yeah - The rebuild kits for the rotorys are what turned me into a Miata owner. I couldn't fathom $1200 just for the rebuild kit - It wasn't worth it, so I picked up LOLA and sold my RX-7. I don't regret it at all .
I now have better gas mileage and don't have to worry about APEX seals - And LOLA is faster than the RX-7 was.
That's my biggest beef with rotaries; the gas mileage.
1967cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 AM   #14
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (5)
 
bryantaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jacksonville, fl
Posts: 1,720
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddroptop View Post
You ruined it by spelling anchor wrong.

Otherwise
mis-spelled words is a trademark of mine

i USED to own a FC, that was the biggest waste of time and money ever. sucks too, RX7s are GREAT cars with a CRAP motors
bryantaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:36 AM   #15
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 44
Total Cats: 0
Default

i would personally do a 2jz swap if i had the money.. 2500 for the motor with auto tranny. but the 6spd cost like 5000. weird... but that would be a monster if a 2jz could be fabbed in there.

Have you guys seen that red miata with the F20c s2000 motor?
djkompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:38 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nellis AFB
Posts: 189
Total Cats: 1
Default

Yea I have seen it in the past. Its a pretty sweet setup. He even swapped the digital gauge cluster too. Very nice, but very expensive.
mr_mazda329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #17
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 44
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mazda329 View Post
Yea I have seen it in the past. Its a pretty sweet setup. He even swapped the digital gauge cluster too. Very nice, but very expensive.
yeah i forgot about, the digital cluster. i was shocked at how almost perfect the motor and cluster fit with the car. but of course i forgot its roadster parts from another somewhat roadster
djkompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #18
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

4g63
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #19
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkompressor View Post
i would personally do a 2jz swap if i had the money.. 2500 for the motor with auto tranny. but the 6spd cost like 5000.

wow. Seriously. wow.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
eh, I love rotarys, the whole ocncept makes sence. Just hasent worked out perfect cuz of those peskey apex seals and the heat. I wouldent mind a rotary miata..
Name:  motivatorrotary7wn.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  75.5 KB
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
New M62 Miata owner Pist0n Meet and Greet 4 10-01-2015 09:18 PM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.