Let's come up with a new hood design. - Page 17 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #321
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

The flares that jacked this thread
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 AM   #322
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McDonough Ga.
Posts: 356
Total Cats: -26
Default

Oh,I was talking hoods.The flares wont weigh ****-all.Now a hood that weighs 5lbs. more might be a problem.
-G-
Reverend Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #323
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Greg View Post
Oh,I was talking hoods.The flares wont weigh ****-all.Now a hood that weighs 5lbs. more might be a problem.
-G-

Not really, its all about function. If you need a vented hood due to heat while tracking 5lbs is not bad. If the non headlight hood is 5lbs more but you can now pull of 20lbs of headlight, headlight motor, hinges, etc then thats also a good deal.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #324
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 2,072
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
The flares that jacked this thread
The flares were the best part of this thread! If they were never brought up, I probably would have never found a set to buy!
Cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #325
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McDonough Ga.
Posts: 356
Total Cats: -26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Not really, its all about function. If you need a vented hood due to heat while tracking 5lbs is not bad. If the non headlight hood is 5lbs more but you can now pull of 20lbs of headlight, headlight motor, hinges, etc then thats also a good deal.
Damn Bro do you know me?If I do one thing to lose weight then add it back on=wrong direction.I am relentless in this game,I will not comprimise,If it wieghs 5lbs more I will remove 7.
-G-
Reverend Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #326
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 2,072
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Greg View Post
Damn Bro do you know me?If I do one thing to lose weight then add it back on=wrong direction.I am relentless in this game,I will not comprimise,If it wieghs 5lbs more I will remove 7.
-G-
I know a way to remove about 100lbs out of the drivers seat............











well in my car at least, , I'm a big guy .
Cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #327
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris19 View Post
I have them. Thanks for dropping them off while I was gone and sorry about the messy garage to put them in.
Um, not to say to much because its nobody's business but, I reall enjoyed looking at the COP's install, the one on the lift, and the others toys scattered around. If I ever get invited we will have to go out sometime in those, I can do a mean wheelie.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #328
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McDonough Ga.
Posts: 356
Total Cats: -26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspence View Post
I know a way to remove about 100lbs out of the drivers seat............











well in my car at least, , I'm a big guy .
I try to keep my weight about 195 to 200.Im talking car,Silly
-G-
Reverend Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #329
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 2,072
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Rharris did you get the flares? I put them on the work bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris19 View Post
I have them. Thanks for dropping them off while I was gone and sorry about the messy garage to put them in.
Whats the good word Rharris! How those flare molds comin

How bout the lidless hood?

I get very ansey when I don't see new posts in this thread
Cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 AM   #330
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspence View Post
Whats the good word Rharris! How those flare molds comin

How bout the lidless hood?

I get very ansey when I don't see new posts in this thread
The garage caught on fire Wednesday, they were able to save one of the vehicles and a moped. The flares are pretty messed up and deformed. One of them still looks ok. Maybe he can make you a set of custom ones, or you could get your money back that he gets from the insurance company in a couple of months.






















jk

I'm sure he is super busy.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #331
Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 2,310
Total Cats: 2
Default

wow wtf that is messed up go to hell.....
p51hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #332
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 2,409
Total Cats: 19
Default

LOL yeah everything is fine. We are going back to the shop tomorrow and start making the molds for the flares so we can get these back to spoolin2bars.

I am trying to figure out the best way to hold the headlight lids to the hood to make a mold off it them. I may just stick the hood on a car with lids and mold it in that way.
rharris19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #333
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
The garage caught on fire Wednesday, they were able to save one of the vehicles and a moped. The flares are pretty messed up and deformed. One of them still looks ok. Maybe he can make you a set of custom ones, or you could get your money back that he gets from the insurance company in a couple of months.






















jk

I'm sure he is super busy.
It took you a while to add in the "jk".
I don't think posting **** like that is cool at all.
Some on here will get heart attacks
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 AM   #334
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Just given him a hard time since Rharris said he need at least 2 weeks and its only been one.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #335
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Just given him a hard time since Rharris said he need at least 2 weeks and its only been one.
dun,dun,dun! you big meanie!
and it's been 5 days, but you know you would be the same way.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:03 AM   #336
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

I know, I can't wait 3 days for anything let alone 2 weeks haha
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #337
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 2,072
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
I know, I can't wait 3 days for anything let alone 2 weeks haha
lol, yea I'm feenin like a crack addict...patients is not my best characteristic
Cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #338
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Man...that post gave me bad visions...very not cool...but funny.

I was thinking about those 4-5 fiberglass workers that would be out of a job...not to mention Rob's loss.

I *accidentally* let the car off the jackstands the other day with a bucket underneath the front bumper. I showed the damage to the wife and am trying to warm her up to the idea of an RB front bumper and fiberglass hood and flares.

Now just need to find some 15" wheels to fill those wells.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #339
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 2,072
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
Now just need to find some 15" wheels to fill those wells.
Welcome to the hunt...

If ya got money, its not a problem. But finding a decently light, decent looking, affordable wheel is no easy feat...Those 16x9.5" Spinwerks are looking mighty nice right now.... I haven't given up on the 13" wheels though, I just wanna see what's out there for tire selection. There's a fair amount out there for the 16x9.5 from what I've found during searching, which is why I am currently hung up on that size...
Cspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #340
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
It took you a while to add in the "jk".
I don't think posting **** like that is cool at all.
Some on here will get heart attacks

I felt my plaque start flowing.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
1991 special edition with hard top full part out JC, NJ russian Miata parts for sale/trade 6 10-08-2015 04:01 PM
Hey everyone another n00b here Big_gumby Meet and Greet 80 10-05-2015 05:06 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 AM.