Pulley Wobble on my fully built motor!! - Page 7 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #121
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
tasty danish
LMFAO. That made my night... Next to this:
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #122
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
MartinezA92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 1,702
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post

And then kill yourself for the win.
doitfgt
MartinezA92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #123
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

I'm outta this thread.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #124
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdlife911 View Post
So the crank keyway has no wear in it but the nose of the crank is uneven. It's like the guy shaved about an inch of the crank nose off. It's not even straight. The cut is slanted... So after putting everything back on.. Their is still a wobble at idle. Though when the engine reaches over about 1200rpm. Theres no wobble at all..
Take pics of said crank. Use a ******* phone and we'll kill you. Use a real camera and use the needed settings to get a CLEAR picture. Post some blurry **** and we'll kill you. You may need to use something called "macro setting" to get a close picture of the crank (like the ones I posted a few pages back). When you start to take the picture, hold the shutter button half way down and allow the camera to "focus" on the crank. Verify the focus by looking at the image on the screen of the camera and then push the shutter button the rest of the way down to take the picture. After you take the picture, you'll want to plug the camera to your computer. When you do, you'll get a little popup telling you that you just connected a device to the computer and if you would like to view the files. Click the little folder icon. Find the nice clear picture you just took and click it once, this will select the file and it should highlight. Now you can click on it again, but this time hold the mouse button down and start to "drag" it across the window until it gets to your desktop. The desktop is the screen on your computer that you see when all your windows are closed. Let go of the mouse button. Now you've successfully put the image on your computer. At this point go to a website called "www.photobucket.com" and find the instructions on how to "upload" the image to the website. Once you do, you'll see it on there as a small image on the screen (aka your photobucket page). When you do, put your cursor over the image and you'll see some stuff pop up under the picture. Look at the bottom of that pop up for "IMG CODE" and you'll see some text to the right starting with "[IMG]". Click on it. You should get a pause and see it now says "copied". Now come back to this page and go to the "post reply" area and hit ctrl+V. BLAM! Now you've just posted a picture to help us help you.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #125
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 1,704
Total Cats: 1
Default

Doppel... The DIY write-up Master!
thagr81 us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #126
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Warrington/Birmingham
Posts: 2,658
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
Take pics of said crank. Use a ******* phone and we'll kill you. Use a real camera and use the needed settings to get a CLEAR picture. Post some blurry **** and we'll kill you. You may need to use something called "macro setting" to get a close picture of the crank (like the ones I posted a few pages back). When you start to take the picture, hold the shutter button half way down and allow the camera to "focus" on the crank. Verify the focus by looking at the image on the screen of the camera and then push the shutter button the rest of the way down to take the picture. After you take the picture, you'll want to plug the camera to your computer. When you do, you'll get a little popup telling you that you just connected a device to the computer and if you would like to view the files. Click the little folder icon. Find the nice clear picture you just took and click it once, this will select the file and it should highlight. Now you can click on it again, but this time hold the mouse button down and start to "drag" it across the window until it gets to your desktop. The desktop is the screen on your computer that you see when all your windows are closed. Let go of the mouse button. Now you've successfully put the image on your computer. At this point go to a website called "www.photobucket.com" and find the instructions on how to "upload" the image to the website. Once you do, you'll see it on there as a small image on the screen (aka your photobucket page). When you do, put your cursor over the image and you'll see some stuff pop up under the picture. Look at the bottom of that pop up for "IMG CODE" and you'll see some text to the right starting with "[IMG]". Click on it. You should get a pause and see it now says "copied". Now come back to this page and go to the "post reply" area and hit ctrl+V. BLAM! Now you've just posted a picture to help us help you.
Yeesh you could of used the enter key at least once

richyvrlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #127
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: port st lucie, FL
Posts: 59
Total Cats: 0
Default

lmfao. I will never take that **** apart again!

Because I am gonna kill myself FTW!
Thirdlife911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #128
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,895
Total Cats: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdlife911 View Post
lmfao. I will never take that **** apart again!

Because I am gonna kill myself FTW!
You need to sell it to someone who can fix it. Someone would get tons of joy out of that car.

Edit: I find it hard to believe that the seller was not aware of the problem, and is probably the reason it was so cheap.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #129
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata2fast View Post
Edit: I find it hard to believe that the seller was not aware of the problem, and is probably the reason it was so cheap.
The seller spent 10k building this motor from the ground up and a 100 bucks part made him sell it

Cheers
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #130
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,895
Total Cats: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
The seller spent 10k building this motor from the ground up and a 100 bucks part made him sell it

Cheers
Pull the motor, disassemble, buy crank, machining, rings, rod bearings, main bearings, gaskets, other parts including balancer, probably some labor costs involved.....does that equal $100.00?
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #131
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: port st lucie, FL
Posts: 59
Total Cats: 0
Default

Lol You and this $100.00 Part that doesn't exist. Though The guy who built it sold it to the guy who I purchased it from. I called him once discovered what the problem really was and he said that he had no idea about the problem... He only had it for 4 months according to the title.
Thirdlife911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #132
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: port st lucie, FL
Posts: 59
Total Cats: 0
Default

I would love to sell the car as a whole. the tranny shifts like butter and it really is a nice car in general.
Thirdlife911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #133
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,895
Total Cats: 109
Default

Of coarse he did not know about the problem. They never do.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #134
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: port st lucie, FL
Posts: 59
Total Cats: 0
Default

My situation now is. The car is gonna have to last another 2k miles until I can buy another car for a daily driver. Then I will begin my experiment with the miata. Would Replacing the bearings really be necessary? They only have 44k miles on them
Thirdlife911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #135
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
miata2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dover, FL
Posts: 2,895
Total Cats: 109
Default

If you are going to put in a new crank, you will be replacing bearings.

I have my doubts that it will last another 2000 miles before something starts to give.
miata2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #136
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdlife911 View Post
Lol You and this $100.00 Part that doesn't exist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miata2fast View Post
Pull the motor, disassemble, buy crank, machining, rings, rod bearings, main bearings, gaskets, other parts including balancer, probably some labor costs involved.....does that equal $100.00?
Depends who does the work. In some cases winning the lottery wont be enough.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #137
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: port st lucie, FL
Posts: 59
Total Cats: 0
Default

Lets hope so. I need to get to school and work.
Thirdlife911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #138
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Dude, enough, if you can't find a cheap miata crank you are not trying. That's like getting stuck in her belly button.

Pull the engine, swap or repair cranks, new bearings... rods and pistons don't even need to come out honestly if you're just getting it done. Oil pan gasket... Does it get any cheaper?
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #139
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 909
Total Cats: 14
Default

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mazda-Miata-cran...item43a254dc52

searched ebay and found this crank, took maybe 30 seconds.
Buy it now $99.99. Now stop being a little ***** newbie and deal with the problem or don't, but you are not going to get any sympathy here. Im not going to call bs on the 10K claim but it sure is hard to swallow.
hingstonwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 AM   #140
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Those guys on that listing are actually local. Racine WI. I ended up buying my tires off the older gentlemen.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.