Stolen Turbo Miata - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #61
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
mclaren? geez talk about poverty car
I'm kind of on a budget.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #62
Elite Member
 
Chiburbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilberts, IL
Posts: 2,125
Total Cats: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapinMX5 View Post
I'm kind of on a budget.
Ok, Not McLaren, but maybe Lebaron? (turbo?)



Chiburbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:47 PM   #63
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,877
Total Cats: 518
Default

Nothing wrong with a stook daily driver!

< Drives a stook every day
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 269
Total Cats: 6
Default

So happy to hear you got it back. You can talk to your insurance and possibly NOT make a claim since you got the car back. You can then take the money you would have spent on the deductable and rebuild the car and there will be no issues with the title.
MX5RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:09 PM   #65
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5RACER View Post
So happy to hear you got it back. You can talk to your insurance and possibly NOT make a claim since you got the car back. You can then take the money you would have spent on the deductable and rebuild the car and there will be no issues with the title.
Like I've said, I'm not gonna have time nor money to rebuild the whole thing again. It was my only car for awhile.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:12 PM   #66
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,480
Total Cats: 1,700
Default

buy car back from insurance, use extra money to buy a motor, swap it in. spend the rest on hookers and blow.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #67
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,739
Total Cats: 2,481
Default

make sure to call the cops and tell them you're getting ready to blow the hookers brains out cause she didn't perform fellatio properly
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #68
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
buy car back from insurance, use extra money to buy a motor, swap it in. spend the rest on hookers and blow.
Easier said than done. With my skill level and tools in my gayrage, that'll probably take more than a couple months. I'm borrowing a car right, so I'm in need a something like next week.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,539
Total Cats: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapinMX5 View Post
Easier said than done. With my skill level and tools in my gayrage, that'll probably take more than a couple months. I'm borrowing a car right, so I'm in need a something like next week.
There are people on this forum in your state. You should see if anyone experienced will help you swap engine over a weekend. They may have the necessary tools and know how that you need. It really is not that difficult of a job if you have a hoist. Even easier with air tools. You would be surprised how helpful people in the community can be. Just need to source a used engine and drop it in. They are pretty cheap and relatively plentiful.
Ryan_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #70
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
There are people on this forum in your state. You should see if anyone experienced will help you swap engine over a weekend. They may have the necessary tools and know how that you need. It really is not that difficult of a job if you have a hoist. Even easier with air tools. You would be surprised how helpful people in the community can be. Just need to source a used engine and drop it in. They are pretty cheap and relatively plentiful.
Yeah but then I have to factor in a new ecu from Rev that works with a 1.8 (I've got 1.6 ). Then I'm gonna have to have Lars build me a new manifold for the 1.8. Then a new clutch and so on. It is definitely something to look into. But if insurance salvages the car I don't won't to put money into a car with a rebuilt title, never gonna get nearly my money back I would if it was clean title.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,539
Total Cats: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapinMX5 View Post
Yeah but then I have to factor in a new ecu from Rev that works with a 1.8 (I've got 1.6 ). Then I'm gonna have to have Lars build me a new manifold for the 1.8. Then a new clutch and so on. It is definitely something to look into. But if insurance salvages the car I don't won't to put money into a car with a rebuilt title, never gonna get nearly my money back I would if it was clean title.
Or you could do what people said above and not make a claim so there is no salvaged title. Then you can buy a 1.6 on the cheap and just get the car running again.
Ryan_G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #72
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,912
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Or make the claim. And buy it back. And let me buy it from you at salvage price. Then I'll pick it up from you with cash in hand and fix it
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:43 PM   #73
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,814
Total Cats: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Or make the claim. And buy it back. And let me buy it from you at salvage price. Then I'll pick it up from you with cash in hand and fix it
I like this idea
Girz0r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #74
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,877
Total Cats: 518
Default

OP:

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME.

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS.

1. let them do a claim and total it.
2. find out the insurance buyback amount.
3. PM me or Aidan. We will make it worth your time.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #75
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Or make the claim. And buy it back. And let me buy it from you at salvage price. Then I'll pick it up from you with cash in hand and fix it
Yeah sure you can buy it back, after I take off all my goodies.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:47 PM   #76
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,912
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Lol. Thats no fun.

I actually am about to pull a 1.6 out of my car this winter.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:48 PM   #77
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,877
Total Cats: 518
Default

Well, if you want to buy it back and part it yourself, that's a good plan too.

The point is, don't just let the ins company total it and give you nothing for it and take it from you.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:49 PM   #78
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,709
Total Cats: 1,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapinMX5 View Post
Yeah but then I have to factor in a new ecu from Rev that works with a 1.8 (I've got 1.6 ). Then I'm gonna have to have Lars build me a new manifold for the 1.8. Then a new clutch and so on. It is definitely something to look into. But if insurance salvages the car I don't won't to put money into a car with a rebuilt title, never gonna get nearly my money back I would if it was clean title.
You can use your 1.6 ECU with the 1.8 motor no problem. Your clutch will also switch over. The only slow part would be me getting you a 1.8 manifold. Which I could probably get done and in the mail early next week.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:49 PM   #79
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,912
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

You also would never get your money back turboing a miata lol. Its not something you do for profit.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #80
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake Tapps, Washington
Posts: 51
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
Well, if you want to buy it back and part it yourself, that's a good plan too.

The point is, don't just let the ins company total it and give you nothing for it and take it from you.
Oh yeah for sure, I'm getting a claim and keeping the car no matter what. But if you're serious about buying it maybe we can talk numbers and I'll give you a deal if I leave everything on the car.
ScrapinMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noob here, turbo miata in progress (story thread w/pics) Darbymx5 DIY Turbo Discussion 16 09-05-2016 11:34 PM
1992 Turbo 1.6 won't start after upgrading from MSPNP to MSPNP2 Buckles MSPNP 25 05-25-2016 09:58 AM
Turbo Miata rough start, poor idle and weak acceleration Ruined_miata General Miata Chat 6 03-13-2016 09:33 AM
WTT 73 volkswagen turbo beetle pan off rest for a turbo miata Euro Skank WTB 4 03-05-2016 09:04 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.