Anyone else want to try to convince me that Palin is better than Obama? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #41
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpexp View Post
(Blazing saddles)
"The president's a [church bell ringing]!"
"What?!"
"I SAID, the president's a'commin, and he's a [church bell ringing]"
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:14 AM   #42
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo42 View Post
If you want to speak racism, haven't you heard of Obama's Reverend, Reverend Wright? Look him up on youtube and tell me why I should want someone like Obama to rule our country.
I've seen video of him and frankly as a white guy I agree with him. He's not a racist. It's a fact that white people enslaved blacks, institutionalized racsism and killed Native americans, etc.

Furthermore have you seen Palin's preacher??? He asked for protection for her from WITCHES!!!! And if you think yeah yeah she's just the VP it's not important consider that McCain picked her. He wants to appeal to these wackjobs. And he's entrusting an idiotic wackjob in a critical governmental position.

And exactly what good has McCain done in his career? He's pro deregulation(he's got more lobbyists involved with his campaign than anyone else who was running for president this election year INCLUDING LOBBYISTS FROM FANNIE MAE!!), pro big oil, anti social security and medicare. He was gung ho about this **** hole war we got in for no reason. Have you seen his health care plan???

The problem is most people swallow his bullshit about being a POW (you know there is an organization of vets against McCain?) and other jingoistic nonsense that satisfies a large portion of the non-thinking public who want someone as dumb as them to be president because it makes them feel better about being stupid.

And whoever said Obama is a Marxist needs to open a ******* book. Obama is a capitalist through and through unfortunately. This is my point. People throw around terms like Marxist, Terrorist, "elitist" because they either can't openly admit they hate him because he's black or it's just an excuse to not have to learn anything about the people running for office. It's easy to dismiss someone without knowing anything about them if you label them a communist or a terrorist. I WISH he was a marxist. I might vote for him if he was.
And Jason, I actually agree with everything you've said here believe it or not.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #43
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
William Ayers

The list goes on. Obama has very poor judgement.
I bet your judgement was shitty, too, when you were eight.

And you want to talk about Freddie and Fanny? www.keatingeconomics.com
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 AM   #44
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
why do people magically make this Obama v. Palin?

It's not McCain v. Biden? people can not legitimately say they fear McCain dying in presidency. If they do they are even more petty and silly than people who use "Hussein" with Obama. McCain is probably in better health than Clinton 2nd term. he's younger than Reagan second term. He's much better off than FDR. Still don't understand that whole deal.
FDR died in office. I fear ANY president dying in office; 18% of them have. I fear ANY 72 year old dying, especially one who's had cancer (regardless of how long he's been in remission). McCain, if elected, will be the oldest president elected to the office by more than two years. Having said all that, though, his health would not be a big issue had he not made such a horrific choice for VP.
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #45
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post

I have my reasons I won't vote for Obama. His name is one of them.
Explain to me how this makes you anything but racist. It's this kind of backwards thinking redneck fuckery that has stunted social progress for hundreds of years in this country and it disgusts me. You are a racist and a bigot and I hope you sleep soundly at night knowing it.
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

It could just make him an idiot?

Also I've heard that former POWs are statistically likely to die earlier.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 AM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
I bet your judgement was shitty, too, when you were eight.
And you want to talk about Freddie and Fanny? www.keatingeconomics.com

I love that excuse. Was he 8 when he launched his political career in Ayers living room?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 AM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
I've seen video of him and frankly as a white guy I agree with him. He's not a racist. It's a fact that white people enslaved blacks, institutionalized racsism and killed Native americans, etc.

Furthermore have you seen Palin's preacher??? He asked for protection for her from WITCHES!!!! And if you think yeah yeah she's just the VP it's not important consider that McCain picked her. He wants to appeal to these wackjobs. And he's entrusting an idiotic wackjob in a critical governmental position.

And exactly what good has McCain done in his career? He's pro deregulation(he's got more lobbyists involved with his campaign than anyone else who was running for president this election year INCLUDING LOBBYISTS FROM FANNIE MAE!!), pro big oil, anti social security and medicare. He was gung ho about this **** hole war we got in for no reason. Have you seen his health care plan???

The problem is most people swallow his bullshit about being a POW (you know there is an organization of vets against McCain?) and other jingoistic nonsense that satisfies a large portion of the non-thinking public who want someone as dumb as them to be president because it makes them feel better about being stupid.

And whoever said Obama is a Marxist needs to open a ******* book. Obama is a capitalist through and through unfortunately. This is my point. People throw around terms like Marxist, Terrorist, "elitist" because they either can't openly admit they hate him because he's black or it's just an excuse to not have to learn anything about the people running for office. It's easy to dismiss someone without knowing anything about them if you label them a communist or a terrorist. I WISH he was a marxist. I might vote for him if he was.
And Jason, I actually agree with everything you've said here believe it or not.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/...a_marxist.html
You need to open a book. Prolly dosent matter anyway cause this statement ( I WISH he was a marxist) tells me you support communism.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

That's not a book number one. And number two that article doesn't even call Obama a Marxist. It only says he is associated with people that have sympathies for socialist ideals. His policies are capitalist. Chomsky happens to be one of the smartest people in this country by the way and is respected globally for his political and linguistic writings. Obama is so centrist and boring and not radical it's not even funny.
Oh and if you want an article that links Presidential candidates to questionable people here's one for you: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081020/ames_berman
from a publication largely financially supported by Paul Newman btw.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Oh and I support some of the ideals of marxism. That doesn't mean I support any of the dictatorships that have risen now or in the past falsely claiming to be communist. That would be like believing that this country is a democracy just because we call it one.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
That's not a book number one. And number two that article doesn't even call Obama a Marxist. It only says he is associated with people that have sympathies for socialist ideals. Chomsky happens to be one of the smartest people in this country by the way and is respected globally for his political and linguistic writings. Obama is so centrist and boring and not radical it's not even funny.
Oh and if you want an article that links Presidential candidates to questionable people here's one for you: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081020/ames_bermanfrom a publication largely financially supported by Paul Newman btw.
"Barack Obama has a thing for Marxists. He befriends them, listens to their counsel, and he even hires them to work in his campaign." Hmm.

"Noam Chomsky, a hypocrite and fraud masquerading as a political philosopher. Mr. Chomsky, perhaps admired by Obama as by his official blogger, is fond of visiting dictators and terrorists and giving speeches blaming all the worlds' ills on America. All while accepting money from military conteacts at MIT. " Hmmm.


When Kremlin becomes an unrepentant terrorist who admittedly bombs places here in the US, then your argument will have merit.


Im going to bed, we can continue the fun tomorrow(later).
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 AM   #52
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Total Cats: 0
Default

God, how I savor the irony of Savington's post...

"Explain to me how this makes you anything but racist. It's this kind blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... You are a racist and a bigot and I hope you sleep soundly at night knowing it."

Followed by his sig: "Read, Think, Post. In that order."

LOL! Truly a product of an inferior education system! Try a little logic and less venomous emotion, fella. You come across like a college freshman trying to impress his date at their first protest...NOT the way to influence people and a sure-fire way to antagonize potential allies.

This bullshit gets really old really fast. Let's get the election over with so we can get back to debating the important question, "Which is better, turbos or superchargers?"


Last edited by barryb; 10-10-2008 at 03:22 AM.
barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #53
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
God, how I savor the irony of Savington's post...

"Explain to me how this makes you anything but racist. It's this kind blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... You are a racist and a bigot and I hope you sleep soundly at night knowing it."

Followed by his sig: "Read, Think, Post. In that order."

LOL! Truly a product of an inferior education system! Try a little logic and less venomous emotion, fella. You come across like a college freshman trying to impress his date at their first protest...NOT the way to influence people and a sure-fire way to antagonize potential allies.
1. There is nothing logical about racism, or racists
2. I do not ally myself with them, so I don't care what they think
3. Did you have a point or are you a racist ******* too?
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 AM   #54
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Total Cats: 0
Default

"Oh and I support some of the ideals of marxism. "

**** Marxism and **** Communism. I stood at the East German border and saw the guard towers, saw the minefields, and saw the booby-trapped fences to keep their own people from getting out! Marxism is an abomination.

Don't even get me started on my little confrontation with the Saudi Arabian religious police in Riyadh....

Just my .02.
barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:56 AM   #55
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19
Total Cats: 0
Default

Per Savington:
"1. There is nothing logical about racism, or racists
2. I do not ally myself with them, so I don't care what they think
3. Did you have a point or are you "gratuitous insult?"



There is nothing logical about your three points above. Point one is arguably false. Point two, you'd better care what they think (read Sun Tzu). Point three is an emotional temper tantrum and not an argument.

So which is better, turbos or superchargers?

"Read, Think, Post. In that order."

barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #56
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

..seriously, do you have a point? No insults, no sarcasm. I'm confused as to why you're attacking me.
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #57
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
"Oh and I support some of the ideals of marxism. "

**** Marxism and **** Communism. I stood at the East German border and saw the guard towers, saw the minefields, and saw the booby-trapped fences to keep their own people from getting out! Marxism is an abomination.

Don't even get me started on my little confrontation with the Saudi Arabian religious police in Riyadh....

Just my .02.
again, that's not marxism, that's a police state. Read the communist manifesto, etc and you'll see that to be true.

And levnubhin I'm sorry but you're not going to prove anything by copying the OPINIONS of a conservative rag. I kind of doubt you knew who Chomsky was before you read that article and I also doubt you've bothered to find out anything about him from a non-biased source since. Just because they bad mouth him or make inferences about Obama doesn't make it true.

Back to Obama's reverend. Have we all forgotten that McCain denounced the far right christian conservatives in his 2000 campaign only to court the likes of Jerry Falwell (a man who blamed 9/11 on gays and feminists)in this campaign. McCain is the biggest hypocrite to come down the line in a long time. But even so does that make him a Christian conservative? No. And nothing in your article makes Obama a communist, let alone a marxist.

You're making my point for me. If you're not going to vote for someone do so because of policy not bullshit character attacks. Again, I'm not voting for Obama, but it's because I don't like all his policies not because some right wing racist says he's a commie or a terrorist or his name is funny or any other kindergarten ****. Grow up.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:34 AM   #58
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
Per Savington:
"1. There is nothing logical about racism, or racists
2. I do not ally myself with them, so I don't care what they think
3. Did you have a point or are you "gratuitous insult?"



There is nothing logical about your three points above. Point one is arguably false. Point two, you'd better care what they think (read Sun Tzu). Point three is an emotional temper tantrum and not an argument.

So which is better, turbos or superchargers?

"Read, Think, Post. In that order."

well I do see you're point about number one I think. There's often a logic behind it even if it is a false logic that tries to justify ignorance. There's a logic to it's source in the individual and societies. Doesn't make it correct though.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #59
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
How's it feel to be a racist white trash piece of ****?
Wow.....thanks bro.

Not racist in any way, shape, or form. I think as an american citizen I have the right to say that I wouldn't trust a man with that name to run our country. It really has nothing to do with his name, but at the same time it does. I could care less if our next president was black, brown, yellow, red, a women!

The racist card cant be pulled out that quick. Nobody here is hating on black people or saying they aren't voting for him cause he's black....etc etc. Its not fun anymore to argue over the internet.....lets set up a meeting and all sit down in person to talk. This way when a guy like johndoe tries to jump in we can pick him up and throw him out the motherfuckin window.

No need to be a ******* straight up ******* Sav. I think your overreacting.....just a little.

Vash-
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #60
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

hope and change
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Obama wins Nobel Peace Price buffon01 Insert BS here 124 10-12-2009 11:36 AM
I wish I learned these songs in school Braineack Media 58 09-29-2009 10:18 AM
One Word: Socialism. Braineack Insert BS here 19 11-17-2008 06:02 PM
Palin naarleven Insert BS here 196 09-15-2008 04:37 AM
An interview with DMX johndoe Insert BS here 8 09-02-2008 01:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.