Anyone else want to try to convince me that Palin is better than Obama? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,797
Total Cats: 248
Default

Sav, you have no points either. You're just calling people racist and insulting the hell out of them. Why don't you be a bit more mature. And seeing how this is an Obama is great thread that YOU started, why don't you answer post #2 next instead of insulting me or someone else.
patsmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #62
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
again, that's not marxism, that's a police state. Read the communist manifesto, etc and you'll see that to be true.

And levnubhin I'm sorry but you're not going to prove anything by copying the OPINIONS of a conservative rag. I kind of doubt you knew who Chomsky was before you read that article and I also doubt you've bothered to find out anything about him from a non-biased source since. Just because they bad mouth him or make inferences about Obama doesn't make it true.

Back to Obama's reverend. Have we all forgotten that McCain denounced the far right christian conservatives in his 2000 campaign only to court the likes of Jerry Falwell (a man who blamed 9/11 on gays and feminists)in this campaign. McCain is the biggest hypocrite to come down the line in a long time. But even so does that make him a Christian conservative? No. And nothing in your article makes Obama a communist, let alone a marxist.

You're making my point for me. If you're not going to vote for someone do so because of policy not bullshit character attacks. Again, I'm not voting for Obama, but it's because I don't like all his policies not because some right wing racist says he's a commie or a terrorist or his name is funny or any other kindergarten ****. Grow up.

You seriously think that a persons character shouldn't be looked at when running for President of the United States? Are you kidding me? Say what you want but Obama is the one who consistently associated himself with left wing America hating radicals. People who have actually bombed places here in the US and then say they wish they did more. A reverend saying gays and feminists caused 911 imo is no where near as bad as someone saying God [email protected]#* America. All this and all Obama can say is "I was 8" or "I never heard him say those things". Gimme a break, Clintons's "I never inhaled" excuse was better than that.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
FDR died in office. I fear ANY president dying in office; 18% of them have. I fear ANY 72 year old dying, especially one who's had cancer (regardless of how long he's been in remission). McCain, if elected, will be the oldest president elected to the office by more than two years. Having said all that, though, his health would not be a big issue had he not made such a horrific choice for VP.
McCain is NOT the oldest elected. Reagan second term is. get facts strait. 18% die in office?? ...rrriiiiiggghhht and that has what relavence in todays modern medicine? How about the assasination of Kennedy or attempt on Reagan. those seem far more real to me than "well he's just so...old".

I do believe a persons character over their life should be relavent. Why does Barack Obama get to say "I've done every drug, been addicted to a few, never did heroine. but I'm clean now". What is that bullshit. "He's inspiring youth". That they can still be criminals and druggies and still become president?? I'm still shocked how this has been so swept under the rug.

I don't understand how people are so willingly standing behind someone so tied to their party. Or well, I guess I understand how left wing nutties are, but independents should be backing McCain (i believe the election will show they do), because he's not an extreme, he's a very bi-partisan middle. A guy who was almost John Kerry's running mate, not that I like John Kerry but it just goes to show.

The left wingers that really liked Obama because they finally thought we were going to pull out of iraq and stop all this militant "war" stuff can't even claim that anymore. That nut job wants to start **** with Pakistan.
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #64
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Jesus god damn christ Obama is not left wing. He's a moderate. Next to McCain/Palin he may seem left wing but he isn't.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

i could see a moderate looking left wing next to palin. but if you stick a moderate next to McCain and see left wing...that's some trick.

Hilary Clinton in some ways was more republican than McCain.
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ABQ, NM
Posts: 1,850
Total Cats: -8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
McCain is NOT the oldest elected. Reagan second term is. get facts strait. 18% die in office?? ...rrriiiiiggghhht and that has what relavence in todays modern medicine? How about the assasination of Kennedy or attempt on Reagan. those seem far more real to me than "well he's just so...old".



I don't think you want to draw the comparison between Regan second term and McCain, it won't really help your argument much. I'm pretty sure dementia had set in pretty deep by the middle of that term.


These jerks are all pretty much a joke. McCain's a bigger Marxist than any of them. Though I think I could have a civil conversation with Biden over some coffee and bagels.


Read the links JasonC SBB posted, if none of it is true it's at least fun reading.
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #67
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Left wing right wing... they're all COLLECTIVIST. All about more power and control for the government, and by extension, big business.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

Johndoe,

In mainstream american politics Obama is very left wing. He isn't far left compared to radicals but is far left compared to others in the house or senate.

The main reason I see not to vote Obama is this. When one party has control of all three houses bad things happen. They lose sight of what is important and start ramming crap down the other parties throat.

I'm a conservative guy. When the republicans took control of all three executive branches though they went nuts. No balance. That was the downfall of Bush. Had there been some balance we would have been better off. It was sickening to watch as a conservative voter.

I'm absolutely certain that things will be just as screwed if the Democrats land in the same situation. As a small business owner struggling in a shitty economy I am terrified of what could happen to my overhead costs if I am forced to offer more benefits to my employees, taxes are increased, etc.

Govt is way to big and self serving. I don't believe a Democratically controled house, senate and President are going to change that.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
Govt is way to big and self serving. I don't believe a Democratically controled house, senate and President are going to change that.
That I can certainly agree with you on.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #70
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
Sav, you have no points either. You're just calling people racist and insulting the hell out of them. Why don't you be a bit more mature. And seeing how this is an Obama is great thread that YOU started, why don't you answer post #2 next instead of insulting me or someone else.
Why is Obama better?

Mccain: "I don't know as much about the Economy as I should"

McCain accepted money and gifts from Charles Keating (google him)

McCain wants "another 50 or 100 years in Iraq"

McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time, and I really do believe that 4 years of McCain will be 4 years of the same bullshit we've been putting up with for the last 8.

I'll be honest, I don't like Obama's fiscal policy. But McCain's fiscal policy is arguably worse, and his foreign policy is downright scary. His choice for VP is utterly pathetic (and IMO was a media ploy to drag attention away from Obama's strong choice, Biden). As to his connection with Ayers, Palin's comments are pathetic. The Wiki page on the Obama-Ayers thing is well-written and provides a lot of evidence for and against the connection, and I think it's bogus. Yeah, they knew each other, but Obama was very young when Ayers was performing bombings, and his political career didn't start in the guy's living room.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 AM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,923
Total Cats: 0
Default

Elections and free speech are just a few of the reasons that make this country so great. Nobody was going to come into this thread and truly convince Savington to change his mind. He just started this thread to pick a fight and if he didn't, he has much bigger issues than choosing a candidate for president. Hopefully it's obvious that he already had chosen a candidate prior to starting this thread. He is just hoping to change you if that's possible. I hope nobody on here makes their decision based on any knowledge or opinions they see on a miata forum. At least lets hope not.

But to continue the decline of the forum, I believe that neither of the serious candidates is able to represent most of us for who we really are. For almost all voters it's a sacrifice regardless of which one we choose. Until we decide that we are unwilling to sacrifice, we all will be making a choice based on what we feel is the lesser of two evils.

Neither one of them really represents who I am and that's ok with me. I don't believe that either one of them really knows what America means to me. Please make your decision because of how you feel and not how someone is trying to make you feel.

Last edited by JayL; 10-11-2008 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #72
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,325
Default

Actually, I started this thread to vent my frustrations about right-wing nutjobs at M.net who think Palin is a legitimate political candidate.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:31 AM   #73
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monrovia CA
Posts: 238
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
A reverend saying gays and feminists caused 911 imo is no where near as bad as someone saying God [email protected]#* America.

Bullshit

What the **** did the gays and the feminists do to you? Did they take yer Jobs? It is ******* hanus to suggest that gays and feminists caused 911. It is a fine example of bigoted dumb fucked redneckedness... One of the reasons this country is so ******* great is that you can speak loudly about the fact that you don't love it, without going to prison, unlike France, as one example among many other so called free countries.

While I may not approve of his approach to the subjects that he brings up, rev wright does have some good points. America has done some pretty fucked up things in the world. And when you do lots of fucked up things, your, "chickens come home to roost." If you deny that, you need to open your eyes and pull your thumb out of your ***
Zarniwoop42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #74
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,868
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

“The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”

“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”

“Socialism is workable only in heaven where it isn't needed, and in hell where they've got it”

“Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it”

“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

“Socialism: nothing more than the theory that the slave is always more virtuous than his master”

“Socialism is the religion people get when they lose their religion”

“The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help."”
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

I love you Scott. <3
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #76
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”

“The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”

“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”

“Socialism is workable only in heaven where it isn't needed, and in hell where they've got it”

“Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it”

“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

“Socialism: nothing more than the theory that the slave is always more virtuous than his master”

“Socialism is the religion people get when they lose their religion”

“The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help."”

The democrats are socialists is getting mighty old (as is the republicans are facists). Its unfounded. The similarities between the policies of both parties are ridiculously similar. If there is ever a change from the center, is a reactionary move, a political move.

Obama & the DNC is attempting to make themselves seem as moderate as possible. The biggest mistake McCain and the GOP has made, is to rally the base at the cost of the bigger picture, independents.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #77
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 115
Total Cats: 0
Default

Being a very strong supporter of the 2nd amendment; I use gun control as a litmus test. So, no Obama for me.

It may be ignorant, but I'm a simple man.
Jesse H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #78
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default


/THREAD
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #79
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #80
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

I vote for no politics threads. And yes, I would have sex with Obama.


Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
President Obama wins Nobel Peace Price buffon01 Insert BS here 124 10-12-2009 11:36 AM
I wish I learned these songs in school Braineack Media 58 09-29-2009 10:18 AM
One Word: Socialism. Braineack Insert BS here 19 11-17-2008 06:02 PM
Palin naarleven Insert BS here 196 09-15-2008 04:37 AM
An interview with DMX johndoe Insert BS here 8 09-02-2008 01:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.