Camry repeatedly brake checks Mini - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default Camry repeatedly brake checks Mini

I LOL'ed at the Camry's antics and the way it wallows.



If this has been posted already,
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

you've just realized your commute is a metaphor for your whole life.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

One time my wife was driving her 145 hp Focus on a curvy freeway with light traffic, and a V8 Chrysler 300 which was left-lane camping earlier, started tailgating us with his high beams on. I told her to keep her foot down and see if he could keep up. When we got past 105 mph he was unable to stay with us on the curves.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,196
Total Cats: 260
Default

Why couldn't the mini just throttle down and get outta dodge.

I mean, i understand camrys are fast and all. But lets go!
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

I don't understand the need to move or get out of the idiots way AT ALL.

Seriously

You have clear footage of him going bananas on the road, LET HIM HIT YOU!!!!

Then when the po po shows up you give them the video and he goes to jail
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

I watched something like this happen yesterday except it involved motorcycles and a truck. One of the two motorcycles made a completely douchebag pass and forced the truck to hit his brakes so he did not hit the motorcyclist. Then when the friend who did nothing tries to go behind the truck and then to his left the truck swerves violently to the left in front of him and almost runs him off the road. This is all happening at like 50+ mph.

Then the motorcyclists pulls up next to the guy in the truck and points to the camera on his helmet while he is yelling at him. Then he proceeds to cut the truck off and brake check him. I just watched in aw thinking about how bad of an idea that was and how dead he could have been. The two motorcyclists then proceeded to harass the truck for a while before turning off. The whole situation was a giant cluster ****.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,196
Total Cats: 260
Default

Yeah, but in Florida that's normal.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
Yeah, but in Florida that's normal.
Sadly it is normal. I see road rage like that almost weekly. Bikers are involved in a lot of it as well as left lane campers.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
calteg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 311
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
I don't understand the need to move or get out of the idiots way AT ALL.

Seriously

You have clear footage of him going bananas on the road, LET HIM HIT YOU!!!!

Then when the po po shows up you give them the video and he goes to jail
Lotta assumptions there cowboy:
-the camry stays at the scene after the accident
-the mini isn't incapacitated if the camry DOES drive off
-there isn't horrific injury to driver/wife/infant in the mini
-things don't escalate further after the crash
-camry driver is insured
-camry driver is a U.S. citizen
-some states have retarded "at fault" laws, i.e. driver with front end damage always partially at fault
-still have to deal with the PITA of a damaged car and insurance company BS, even in the best case scenario

Or just take the next exit and grab a sammich.
calteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Justification to install a paintball gun behind your front bumper...
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,009
Total Cats: 583
Default

Why can't we just all get along?

I do like the paintball idea though.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
Why can't we just all get along?

I do like the paintball idea though.
want a felony charge against you?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calteg View Post
Lotta assumptions there cowboy:
-the camry stays at the scene after the accident
-the mini isn't incapacitated if the camry DOES drive off
-there isn't horrific injury to driver/wife/infant in the mini
-things don't escalate further after the crash
-camry driver is insured
-camry driver is a U.S. citizen
-some states have retarded "at fault" laws, i.e. driver with front end damage always partially at fault
-still have to deal with the PITA of a damaged car and insurance company BS, even in the best case scenario

Or just take the next exit and grab a sammich.
Yeah, I guess I'm assuming the driver of the mini can actually drive, and has ***** rather than be a pansy n00b.

I'm with you on letting things go and not escalate a situation, don't get me wrong.

However, had that been me and my wife, I would have told her to keep filming as well as call the police, and just kept driving normal in 1 lane and not bounced around the highway trying to avoid the jackhole. If he hit me, there is irrefutable evidence against him. And lets be honest, the amount of damage he'd have to do to incapacitate the car would be enough to incapacitate himself as well, and he's not getting away from a mini in a camry.

Its whatever. I wish the pigs, I mean police, would bust insane idiots like this more often rather than pulling over the average enthusiast for something stupid like loud exhaust or no front plate.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Yeah, I guess I'm assuming the driver of the mini can actually drive, and has ***** rather than be a pansy n00b.

I'm with you on letting things go and not escalate a situation, don't get me wrong.

However, had that been me and my wife, I would have told her to keep filming as well as call the police, and just kept driving normal in 1 lane and not bounced around the highway trying to avoid the jackhole. If he hit me, there is irrefutable evidence against him. And lets be honest, the amount of damage he'd have to do to incapacitate the car would be enough to incapacitate himself as well, and he's not getting away from a mini in a camry.

Its whatever. I wish the pigs, I mean police, would bust insane idiots like this more often rather than pulling over the average enthusiast for something stupid like loud exhaust or no front plate.
That first part I would have done. I do not know how many rear end collisions you have witnessed or been in but it is rather easy for the car that sustains front end damage to be incapacitated while the car that was hit might just have a cracked bumper. The front end is a giant crumple zone. You never let someone hit you unless avoiding them is likely to cause another accident. In most states you would actually be partially at fault for not taking steps to avoid the accident. Get the plate, call the cops, and if you have time follow the guy at a distance until the cops can pull him over. I don't know why you would want to deal with a collision if other options are plentiful and easier.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,009
Total Cats: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
want a felony charge against you?
LOL.

Question is, which part is the felony? Getting along or participating in the road rage with a paintball gun? It seems the societal norm is trending towards paintball.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,009
Total Cats: 583
Default

BTW, really makes me appreciate the area in which I normally drive now. Here, we wave at complete strangers as we pass, acknowledge each other at 4 way stops, pull over to allow passing by faster vehicles on 2 lanes, etc. It's really extraordinary. Unlike anyplace else I've ever lived.
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
That first part I would have done. I do not know how many rear end collisions you have witnessed or been in but it is rather easy for the car that sustains front end damage to be incapacitated while the car that was hit might just have a cracked bumper. The front end is a giant crumple zone. You never let someone hit you unless avoiding them is likely to cause another accident. In most states you would actually be partially at fault for not taking steps to avoid the accident. Get the plate, call the cops, and if you have time follow the guy at a distance until the cops can pull him over. I don't know why you would want to deal with a collision if other options are plentiful and easier.
I'm not saying I would deliberately try to get him to hit me, or rear end him when he got in front of me.

Its all good, there's obviously different ways to have dealt with this.

I agree with both of you about getting the plate and calling the cops and handing over the evidence for this retard to hopefully get arrested later though.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
LOL.

Question is, which part is the felony? Getting along or participating in the road rage with a paintball gun? It seems the societal norm is trending towards paintball.
Well in some states a paintball gun counts as a firearm. So probably the part where you put attach a firearm to your car.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 1,247
Total Cats: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
BTW, really makes me appreciate the area in which I normally drive now. Here, we wave at complete strangers as we pass, acknowledge each other at 4 way stops, pull over to allow passing by faster vehicles on 2 lanes, etc. It's really extraordinary. Unlike anyplace else I've ever lived.
I was born and raised in Round Rock, and it USED to be exactly as you describe. I really miss those days. The only time another driver would shoot you a dirty look was when they waved and you didn't wave back. Hell, I just miss living in Texas.
dieselmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Chicago
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 26
Default

Wouldnt the paintball just fly back and hit your own car?
Mazduh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM
Any pnp megasquirt for 2001 Big_gumby WTB 0 09-30-2015 04:34 PM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.