Corky is smart! - Page 5 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #81
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bell Tuning & Performance
Posts: 1,338
Total Cats: -78
Default

We have played around with a several layouts and formats. We just decided on the version to use. Getting 4 people on the same page has been fun. So the four months is not his fault. Not his fault I do not have the products descriptions and ID's done either. This whole web store thing is more work than I expected.
Stephanie
Stephanie Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:10 AM   #82
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
I think that the previously thought of super-douche R1600turbo is actually a mole.
Super douche huh? Nice choice of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
]Since he was crushed a few weeks ago at m.net, he's been mostly absent there... but has re-applied himself vigorously at cr.net.
I've actually been there for some time. I like it better there because of the JDM atmosphere, and the very tasteful mods they do to their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
Here he is talking **** about FM products and asking other posters is they know of a better product he can buy: http://www.clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17021
Talking ****? Not even close. BTW Keith has not asked me why I dislike the FM shield, but I can say this. It has nothing to do with the design physically, or what it is meant to do. Just because I work at FM doesn't mean that I have to have the complete catalog of parts on my personal vehicle. What's so wrong with wanting something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
...he embarrasses himself by assuming that people know who he is, and emphasises pointing out that he works for FM.
I didn't emphasize anything. The second poster asked what I mean by "us", and I told him. Story ends there. You're dragging it on just to make yourself look like the hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
He also assumes people know what his setup is, although he has nothing written in his sig.
Who says that I have to put anything about my setup in my sig. I'll put what I want. Now, I do apologize for not stating in the OP about the turbo size. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
He shows he doesn't know how to use google, and he's bought into the myth that turbo-blankets help spool (even if you believe it, does a 2554r really need to spool faster?).
I searched google, ebay, m.net and clubroadster. I found what I was looking for. I just wanted opinions from other members about their setup if they were running one, and what the brand was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy
Anyways, I really don't like that guy. I don't know how he's still allowed to represent the company online.
That's fine if you don't like me. The feeling is mutual. When I am on Miata forums, or any automotive forum for that matter, I don't represent anyone but myself. I am there on my own accord, for my own opinions, and doing research for my own vehicles. I do sometimes get sucked into threads that I shouldn't be posting in, but I'm done with that. I just don't feel like fighting in stupid internet battles. Because it is just the internet.
blackb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 AM   #83
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,353
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
I like it better there because of the JDM atmosphere


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
I just don't feel like fighting in stupid internet battles. Because it is just the internet.
That's good, because something tells me you won't be doing a whole lot of posting here.

Also - I'm sure you recall the thread that spawned your notoriety as a moron and a douchebag on the various forums, the one where you called the GReddy and BEGi kits "incomplete". I couldn't say it over there, but I can say it here: You're a misinformed idiot, and your refusal to admit that you were totally wrong was pretty comical.

Keith, you guys might want to throw a note up on the site saying that you do individual parts. I honestly had no idea you guys sold stuff outside of the kits like that, since it's not very well advertised (or I'm just a dumbass ). It would be a ton of work, but a full list of every part in your kits with a separate price for everything would be awesome. Good to see you on these forums.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
When I am on Miata forums, or any automotive forum for that matter, I don't represent anyone but myself.
That's not really true. I mean, you may feel that way, and you may want that to be true.

However, it's just not the way things work. Stephanie doesn't ask that we consider her independent from Begi, and even though your position may be different from Stephanie's the same holds true for you.

You work for FM, and as long as you advertise that or even leave trails around trying to suggest as much, then you represent them.
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #85
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 589
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post

Keith, you guys might want to throw a note up on the site saying that you do individual parts. I honestly had no idea you guys sold stuff outside of the kits like that, since it's not very well advertised (or I'm just a dumbass ). It would be a ton of work, but a full list of every part in your kits with a separate price for everything would be awesome. Good to see you on these forums.
This is VERY true.. I dropped a good amount of cash at BEGI this winter.. I had NO idea FM was even a possiblity.. I'm not saying anything would have changed but i didn't even consider FM as an option because I just wanted a few major parts and not an entire kit.
MX5-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #86
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

SOMEbody never heard the phrase "best just to leave well enough alone". I wont say who or who he works for or that he totally didn't introduce himself.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #87
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
Stephanie doesn't ask that we consider her independent from Begi, and even though your position may be different from Stephanie's the same holds true for you.
That in my eyes is different, because she has a "supporting vendor" tag with her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington
That's good, because something tells me you won't be doing a whole lot of posting here.

Also - I'm sure you recall the thread that spawned your notoriety as a moron and a douchebag on the various forums, the one where you called the GReddy and BEGi kits "incomplete". I couldn't say it over there, but I can say it here: You're a misinformed idiot, and your refusal to admit that you were totally wrong was pretty comical.
You're right, I won't be posting here at all after this. Although I do own a turbo Miata, I am satisfied with the hardware on my car and don't need to ask any questions outside of FM. The turbo blanket thread was different. It was the weekend, I saw one on another car and was curious, so I posted a thread. No need to wait until Monday.

I do recall that thread. And although I still believe everyone twisted my words around and made me look bad, I would rather just drop the subject. Because I have not changed my opinion in regards to that topic.
blackb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #88
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,788
Total Cats: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
That in my eyes is different, because she has a "supporting vendor" tag with her name.
Nope. If your work for FM, you represent them. Not 100%, but not 0 either. Agreed, she pays the site money to be published but even if she didn't, she still represents them.
patsmx5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #89
Elite Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,921
Total Cats: 0
Default

jayc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #90
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
Agreed.
blackb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #91
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 589
Total Cats: 0
Default

I hope they don't lock it that seems to be how this place is.. When you say something you are held accountable for it and have no place to hide.

If you don't want someone to respond to your opinion posts.. don't post..Quit looking to someone else to bailing you out..
MX5-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #92
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 882
Total Cats: 0
Default

Any time I hear or read JDM, I want to puke.
soflarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #93
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5-4me View Post
If you don't want someone to respond to your opinion posts.. don't post..Quit looking to someone else to bailing you out..
This will be my last post. And I'm not looking for someone to bail me out. I want it locked down because this is all just a misunderstanding.
blackb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #94
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 589
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
This will be my last post. And I'm not looking for someone to bail me out. I want it locked down because this is all just a misunderstanding.
A misunderstanding can only be sorted out if the dialogue continues. Think about it.. There would be no dialogue between FM and at least two forum members here had it not been for this thread and the FM sponsorship. Those forum members would continue to walk around with a VERY bad taste in their mouths about FM. Itís human nature to talk about those issues with people when the FM name is mentioned. Now at least they can TRY to sort things out because there is a forum they both feel they can voice their side with little to no moderation.

Now that you have voiced your opinions and run off all you have done is fueled the fires. Stand up and be accountable. This drive by shooting technique kills your creditability.
MX5-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #95
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,308
Total Cats: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflarick View Post
Any time I hear or read JDM, I want to puke.
+1
emilio700 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #96
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,353
Total Cats: 1,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
I do recall that thread. And although I still believe everyone twisted my words around and made me look bad, I would rather just drop the subject. Because I have not changed my opinion in regards to that topic.
You are so stupid it makes my mind hurt. Nobody twisted ANYTHING you said. I'm not really sure how the **** you misinterpret this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1600Turbo
I'm saying that some of the kits out there are not "complete". Meaning you can't just buy it and expect the car to run. You have to buy additional things...
Unless you STILL don't understand it, in which case I'll spell it out for you real clearly: NO ADDITIONAL PARTS ARE REQUIRED TO INSTALL A BEGI-S OR A GREDDY TURBO AND SAFELY MAKE THE ADVERTISED POWER LEVELS. You don't have to buy one single part beyond the kit itself to make a BEGi-S run. You either didn't know this, in which case you were mouthing off about **** you weren't informed about (unacceptable) or you knew exactly what you were talking about and you decided to just straight-up lie about it (unacceptable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
I want it locked down because this is all just a misunderstanding.
If you think you can bring your wordshitting onto this forum and then have the mods here bail you out, you are sorely mistaken.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #97
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 6,020
Total Cats: 175
Default

blackr1600b15turbo... I personally hope you do stick around... but until you learn to play nice, you get this:
Attached Thumbnails
Corky is smart!-horses_ass_1.jpg  
samnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #98
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackb15 View Post
This will be my last post. And I'm not looking for someone to bail me out. I want it locked down because this is all just a misunderstanding.
Oh god, take your douchery elsewhere. The thread's staying open, and you're getting banned.
You can try again in 180 days.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #99
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Didn't see any reason to ban the fellow for defending himself. You folk are a bit of a tuff crowd. Some of the people arguing with him are worse.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #100
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 589
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msydnor View Post
Didn't see any reason to ban the fellow for defending himself. You folk are a bit of a tuff crowd. Some of the people arguing with him are worse.
What's it matter if you can believe his words he isn't coming back anyway?
MX5-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software/IT types/Joe P, step inside please z31maniac Insert BS here 13 09-22-2015 03:59 PM
Overheating Turbo'd 96M Bruce MacKay General Miata Chat 8 09-05-2015 08:05 PM
FS: BEGI S2 Turbo System - USED Stephanie Turner Miata parts for sale/trade 21 04-04-2008 12:40 PM
fs 2001 VF Smart Parts Shocker (paintball gun) speedf50 Miata parts for sale/trade 4 09-17-2007 12:29 AM
Saw a smart car the other day SMRACER Insert BS here 29 08-09-2007 09:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.