female probs.....longwinded rant inside!!! - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default female probs.....longwinded rant inside!!!

Aright, so i'm living in VA Beach for school, i went home last weekend to see my girfriedn (about 2.5 hours away) and everything was great. Monday morning when i took her home (17 still living with mom and im only 18 for the record) her mom started tripping out on her for something, still not even sure exactly what. anway she told me to leave (her mom) but my GF was begging me to stay close by to make sure she was ok...so i did. Well, i call her mom and try to talk to her reasonably and figure out what the hell is going on so i can atleast tell her bye before i go 3 hours away for the next two months (her mom had already taken away her phones, etc.. at this point) and she started acting like a freakin 3 year old, bitching at me, saying she was gonna call the cops b/c i was stalking her house, etc... when i had been there for 10 minutes trying to say goodbye to my girlfriend.



ANYWAY...they work stuff out over the next few days, everything gets kinda back to normal....until...last night she and her mother were going out to eat somwehere and i was on the phone with her while they were headed there....i dont even know now what brought it up but her mom said something along the lines of "he better not push his luck he still hasn't apologized to me for his sh*t monday!" so i proceed to tell christy (my GF) that i wasn't going to apologize to a 40 year old woman who started acting like a ******* 4 year old when her daughter's 18 BF was trying to make sure she was ok.....about three seconds later my GF says "well, he says he sorry" so i blow up at her....she hangs up, calls me a little while later and says it's over....if this was like a 2 week relationship, oh well, i don't give a ****, but we've been together for over two years, now i know she has alot of other stuff going on in her life, but should i just let her go, or try to fight to get her back?....i do still love her after all this though



Sorry for the long rant...just needed to get that off of my chest...i'd appreciate any advice but i understand if noone wants to try to tell me what i should do.....

(oh if it makes any difference in how you guys feel about her, she was with me when the diff went last week, and she was just as upset, if not more, than i was about it!!!)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Elite Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,270
Total Cats: -4
Default

too much drama. kick her to the curb and find some local tail.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
too much drama. kick her to the curb and find some local tail.

god da**it, why do people keep saying that? i don't wanna leave her, but i'm starting to think maybe i should.....

it's just that we've been through alot together, about a week after we hooked up her dad passed away, about a week later her mom tried to committ suicide, so i think that's why we've been so close the whole time, but i don't know, i do love her (and she tells me that she still loves me, but sometimes that's just not enough....whatever that's suppost to mean) but it's just gettin to be too much...for both of us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Elite Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,270
Total Cats: -4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger988 View Post
god da**it, why do people keep saying that? i don't wanna leave her, but i'm starting to think maybe i should.....

it's just that we've been through alot together, about a week after we hooked up her dad passed away, about a week later her mom tried to committ suicide, so i think that's why we've been so close the whole time, but i don't know, i do love her (and she tells me that she still loves me, but sometimes that's just not enough....whatever that's suppost to mean) but it's just gettin to be too much...for both of us.
she's 17, you haven't been through **** together.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Holiday, FL
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

you're whining and bitching over a 2 week relationship?

wtf
Fritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
she's 17, you haven't been through **** together.
i know comparitevly we haven't but still....we have been through alot in the amount of time we've been together....her ******* dad died a week after we got together and i drove her to alabama to be there......that's gotta count for something
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritch View Post
you're whining and bitching over a 2 week relationship?

wtf
no...two year, almost 6 month relationship
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Holiday, FL
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger988 View Post
no...two year, almost 6 month relationship
oh my mistake, I read it wrong

but still, staying with someone 2.5 hrs away and with psycho ******* parents is never fun. Trust me, it never gets better when there are crazy family nearby
Fritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritch View Post
oh my mistake, I read it wrong

but still, staying with someone 2.5 hrs away and with psycho ******* parents is never fun. Trust me, it never gets better when there are crazy family nearby

well, we were together when i lived there for just over two years, just moved down here for school (i'll be moving back there for good in about 6 months) but as soon as she moves out...her mom is moving back to alabama and she wants to stay here....so no crazy family nearby
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #10
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

There are certain "rules" in a relationship. One of them is you don't get between your g/f and her mother. You violated that rule, bad move considering she lives at home. Consider the position that you put your g/f in, where she had to choose between her b/f (3 hours away) and her mom (next to her).
You're not supposed to get along with your g/f or wife's mom. They're all insane. If it's asked of you, you swallow your pride and apologize, if you mean it or not. You'll find over time that certain things aren't worth arguing about.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
There are certain "rules" in a relationship. One of them is you don't get between your g/f and her mother. You violated that rule, bad move considering she lives at home. Consider the position that you put your g/f in, where she had to choose between her b/f (3 hours away) and her mom (next to her).
You're not supposed to get along with your g/f or wife's mom. They're all insane. If it's asked of you, you swallow your pride and apologize, if you mean it or not.
no big deal....except for the fac tthat i was ready to leave...but my G/F was begging me to stay and try to talk to her mother (ye si know it sounds weird and i probably shouldn't have) but then we she asks me to apologize for somethig she asked me to do..i say no...and she tells her that i apologized, that just struck me wrong for some reason.......am i wrong in the whole situation?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #12
Elite Member
 
Philip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,270
Total Cats: -4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger988 View Post
no big deal....except for the fac tthat i was ready to leave...but my G/F was begging me to stay and try to talk to her mother (ye si know it sounds weird and i probably shouldn't have) but then we she asks me to apologize for somethig she asked me to do..i say no...and she tells her that i apologized, that just struck me wrong for some reason.......am i wrong in the whole situation?
you've been dating since she was 15?
you're fucked. Her mom hates you, she lives with her mom. Her mom will rag on you until she believes it.

not to mention she's way too young for anything serious.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
boostinsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 563
Total Cats: 0
Default

I would definately go get some local tail. Women are a very touchy subject, and you are only 18 years old man. There are other fish in the sea. Try to mend the wounds with this one, if it does not work after some effort, go after something else. Good luck man.
boostinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #14
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
you've been dating since she was 15?
you're fucked. Her mom hates you, she lives with her mom. Her mom will rag on you until she believes it.

not to mention she's way too young for anything serious.
she was 15 yes....but i was 16......her mom's never really around...bnut when she is she's USUALLY ok, then she gets on little trips like last week and blames all of her problems on christy, and all christy's problems on me, so i guess she does pretty much hate me...so i guess i'm just gonna let **** go between us and maybe in a few months/years they'll work themselves out, if not oh-well

thanks guys
Brian
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger988 View Post
then we she asks me to apologize for somethig she asked me to do..i say no...and she tells her that i apologized, that just struck me wrong for some reason.......am i wrong in the whole situation?
Yes, you're wrong, even if you're not wrong. You're dealing with women!
Consider that her mom is already giving your g/f an ear full about you, so she's in an akward position. Then you only made it harder on her.

A couple "rules" will become obvious to you with time:
  • Never get between your g/f and her family, especially her mom
  • Always take your g/f's side
  • Don't do anything to embarass your g/f in front of her mom
You violeted all 3

But for rizeal, she's 3 hours away. Local tail FTW
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

sounds like mommy is bi-polar. tell her to get some meds before she ruins her daughters life and move on.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #17
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkmage View Post
sounds like mommy is bi-polar. tell her to get some meds before she ruins her daughters life and move on.
i have told her.....and she is.....shes admitted that she is.....i think shes already ruined her life pretty much, i just dont know how much worse it's gonna get with me not being there to help her out anymore....i really do still love her, i care about her, i just cant take catching the **** for EVERYTHING that goes wrong anymore....i know that's any relationship though, that's why part of me want to try to work things out. guess im just leaving it to her
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 999
Total Cats: 0
Default

ive been in your shoes man... you are much better letting go.. you have a long time to work things in your life out.. if shes not in it, then thats just how its gonna be, but you gotta make sure you think about you... I knwo it may seem like you gonna loose it all.. but believe me, you are much better waiting a few more years to make that decision... Im glad i did
adbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #19
ruger988
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbradley View Post
ive been in your shoes man... you are much better letting go.. you have a long time to work things in your life out.. if shes not in it, then thats just how its gonna be, but you gotta make sure you think about you... I knwo it may seem like you gonna loose it all.. but believe me, you are much better waiting a few more years to make that decision... Im glad i did
I'm gonna let her decide what she wants to do from here...

oh........one more little piece of the puzzle....she's a month late...that might change things a little (even though it's happened before, usually when she's really stressed...like now...and it's been nothing)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

Man that kind of relationship isnt' healthy for you in the slightest. Living down here is totally different when it comes to relationships. Compared to where I lived in Alaska there is so many women down here that if one causes problems you just move on. I concurr about never getting between a girl and her mother way to much stuff happens then.
So i'm +1 for finding someone local. Being apart from each other causes unnecessary drama on top of having a psycho/suicidal mother that doesn't like you already.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 9 08-30-2017 10:50 PM
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
What happened to my Dynalite? midpack Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 18 09-22-2015 08:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.