Ignorance in boosted communities - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #61
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

i want all of it from 1000-8000.

not 1000-4000.

and a car that weighs less than 3200lbs.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #62
Hear me Meow
iTrader: (3)
 
skidude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Outside Portland Maine
Posts: 1,993
Total Cats: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
drive by wire is a magnificent thing when you're able to adjust/tune it.
on 32bit ecu subarus its a map with rpm and throttle angle on the axis and requested torque as the values in the cells. PURE GENIOUS. tune it to your liking and you get even laggy un-responsive subaru's to react to your inputs almost like a high strung honda. seriously impressive. wish you were closer to us Joe so you could drive my forester. I think you'd be impressed.
Does the subaru have a delay as well, or is that a result of really long intake runners or something? Can it be tuned out? I stall my OB all the time because it doesn't respond as fast as the miata when I hit the throttle and let the clutch out at a stop sign. Takes me a day to get used to it every time I switch, which can be annoying when I switch a couple times a week.
skidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #63
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i want all of it from 1000-8000.

not 1000-4000.

and a car that weighs less than 3200lbs.
I HAZ WAT U WANTZ
e85 FOR THE WINZ

Last time I had 320whp at redline or something like that. I'll re-dyno it soon on e85.

Definitely over 3200lbs curb though :(
I think its at like 3350 wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidude View Post
Does the subaru have a delay as well, or is that a result of really long intake runners or something? Can it be tuned out? I stall my OB all the time because it doesn't respond as fast as the miata when I hit the throttle and let the clutch out at a stop sign. Takes me a day to get used to it every time I switch, which can be annoying when I switch a couple times a week.
Its not a delay, its terrible throttle mapping from the factory.
And yes it can be fixed for sure. Lotsa AVCS advance, a smooth and agressive throttle map, and smoothed timing.
At one point I had TOO much response, I kid you not. Rpm would shoot up as soon as my foot was even touching the pedal. Had to back off LOL
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #64
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Fae really should re-tune on 87 and post results like I asked a few posts back though.


BACK UP THAT SMACK TALK BOYEEEE
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #65
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

i just want a 1.8L with a 2560:



nothing fancy at all and pwns as far as area under. anyone can easily replicate the above dyno.
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorance in boosted communities-area_under_curve_fail.jpg  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #66
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

That is definitely awesome. Pauls in particular is kinda above the "norm" for a 2560 setup tho. IIRC he had almost everything optimized with the ABSURDgoodies
And whos plot is the red crazy laggy one?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #67
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,833
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

i mean, it was easily repeatable:




red line is a Slotrex with heavy engine work and mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorance in boosted communities-paul_vs_ed.jpg  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #68
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,653
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
e85 FOR THE WINZ
e85 for getting 8mpg if you drive it hard.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #69
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
drive by wire is a magnificent thing when you're able to adjust/tune it.
on 32bit ecu subarus its a map with rpm and throttle angle on the axis and requested torque as the values in the cells. PURE GENIOUS. tune it to your liking and you get even laggy un-responsive subaru's to react to your inputs almost like a high strung honda. seriously impressive. wish you were closer to us Joe so you could drive my forester. I think you'd be impressed.
Good lord 18psi I do seriously appreciate your map assistance with my subie but

YOU LOVE THAT ON OFF MEGAFUKKN BOOST 100% THROTTLE AT 2% PEDAL POSITION

let's see if i can find the video

this is you vlad

Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #70
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Not even close.

Suck my *****
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorance in boosted communities-dbw-awesomeness.jpg  
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #71
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

vs stock doo doo

Attached Thumbnails
Ignorance in boosted communities-stock-dbw-doo-doo.png  
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #72
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

With the 2011+ per-gear timing comps I'm half tempted to trade it for an 11 rex hatch right now
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #73
GTI
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kentucky.
Posts: 28
Total Cats: 1
Default

The highest I have seen in a GTI on a stock turbo and stock block is 258 whp, and 322 wtq. I think a miata would be fun with that much torque. Especially since it comes on so early.
GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #74
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Not really, because it would spin its ***** off and then not have any guts to keep pulling once it actually catches traction.

It would be FAIL
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #75
GTI
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kentucky.
Posts: 28
Total Cats: 1
Default

They changed out just about everything on that car... It was purely and academic exercise, since the KO4 is so easy to put on. That car produced torque much later than mine. His made peak torque at 4400.
(Green lines)
Attached Thumbnails
Ignorance in boosted communities-dyno.jpg  
GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #76
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI View Post
They changed out just about everything on that car... It was purely and academic exercise, since the KO4 is so easy to put on. That car produced torque much later than mine. His made peak torque at 4400.
Does it drive the rear wheels? No? Don't care then.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #77
GTI
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kentucky.
Posts: 28
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Does it drive the rear wheels? No? Don't care then.
Haldex.
GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #78
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Big Bear Ca
Posts: 990
Total Cats: 8
Default

Long story short.

A friend of mine bought a excellent condition mid 2000's Porsche Boxter for about $3000 when the owners son put 87 oct in the tank. The car drove so bad they towed to to a mechanic who told them they needed a new engine. The owner was so pissed that his car needed so much work, he put in on craiglist for $6000. My buddy talked him down and bought it off the guy, just planning on swapping in a new motor, But after getting it home and messing with it he realized it was just shitty gas. Drained and refilled it with the good stuff and drove it for several years before selling it for almost $20k.

18PSI, Tell me about your forester. I've had several WRX's (02, 08) and have been intrigued by the foresters with the STi stuff swapped on. XTi I guess. Trying to talk my wife into one. She just want's an STi and keep it stock, but I don't wan't to spend that much and like messing with stuff.
dstn2bdoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #79
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Here ya go:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-driver-91320/

I love it. Its got looks, its got interior space, practicality, comfort, handling, and raw power/torque. You can see in those clips its no slouch hehe.
Current power level is a good bit over 320 due to e85
I considered parting it out recently in my quest to purchase another property, and just couldn't do it. So I'm keeping it

Fae has one too (I'm sure you know) and it sounds like its pretty sweet too, but he's on smaller turbo and pump gas, so I'm guessing he's in the upper 200's for power? No idea.

Fae chime in if you have some dyno plots
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #80
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Here ya go:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...-driver-91320/

I love it. Its got looks, its got interior space, practicality, comfort, handling, and raw power/torque. You can see in those clips its no slouch hehe.
Current power level is a good bit over 320 due to e85
I considered parting it out recently in my quest to purchase another property, and just couldn't do it. So I'm keeping it

Fae has one too (I'm sure you know) and it sounds like its pretty sweet too, but he's on smaller turbo and pump gas, so I'm guessing he's in the upper 200's for power? No idea.

Fae chime in if you have some dyno plots
Good boy for keeping it!

Me? Dyno plots? Come on. Seriously?


Yeah probably upper 200s. 16g turbo. Hauls like fukkn mad. Lots and lots of fun. Stis are stupid. With 3" turbo back and a turbo, I gained like 100hp yay
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.