The new to me toy truck. - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #41
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,865
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

:fingerscrossed:
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #42
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Wow, this is a pretty big fail so far Rick. The 7.3 Excursion is the way to go next time or a gasser.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #43
Trackspeed Engineering
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I just cancelled Lubrico warranty. There is a window of time you can do that and get a refund. By fluke today was the last day.

Spoke to the dealer I bought the truck from. They are "planning" to refund me.... Almost seems to easy so far.
crashnscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #44
"Quality" is my first name.
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,611
Total Cats: 69
Default

The plot thickens...

So warranty hasnt even been paid for yet.

Ford Dealership gave me some print outs.







Quality Control Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #45
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

So, there "planning" on letting you return the truck? Pay em' $500 to take it back if you have to, it'll be worth it in the end. If it's any consolation, I would have thought the diesel would have been the better option too.

:lessonlearned:
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #46
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

Wow is it stolen or rebuilt?
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #47
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Wow is it stolen or rebuilt?
It is a 6.0, that alone is the problem according to everyone on here. I bet it is a mix of the two.

Rick is at the dealership that be bought the truck at. I am trying to convince him to live stream the whole thing with his phone.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #48
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Rick is at the dealership that be bought the truck at. I am trying to convince him to live stream the whole thing with his phone.
That would be epic.

There are VIN tags on the frame and engine. Shouldn't be hard to find one and run it through carfax or similar database. It would be interesting to know the truck's whole story.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #49
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Wait, the cluster is from a gas truck? Does it have a gas tach?

e: Yep, it definitely has a gas tach. The diesel tach only goes to 5000, this one goes to 6000.
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
That would be epic.

There are VIN tags on the frame and engine. Shouldn't be hard to find one and run it through carfax or similar database. It would be interesting to know the truck's whole story.
I asked Rick about the carfax. He said the carFOX said it was a clean truck. 1 owner or some ****.

He has gone silent on gchat, I am betting he is talking to the owner now.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield IL
Posts: 2,750
Total Cats: 24
Default

Poor Rick...
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #52
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
I asked Rick about the carfax. He said the carFOX said it was a clean truck. 1 owner or some ****.
Yeah the gas body VIN. I want to know about the VIN on the frame, engine, and trans.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #53
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 180
Total Cats: 1
Default

Holy ****, I really hope this turns out well.
bluemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #54
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

When I said 6.0s have major component failures, I didn't mean the VIN tags
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #55
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 1,367
Total Cats: 16
Default

^^^ Looks like the line item charges for Frankenford diagnosis were $54.50 plus $163.50. Seems a little steep IMO.

"Yep, we looked it over, can't help you. That'll be $246.34 sir."
ScottFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #56
"Quality" is my first name.
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,611
Total Cats: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead_318 View Post
So, there "planning" on letting you return the truck? Pay em' $500 to take it back if you have to, it'll be worth it in the end. If it's any consolation, I would have thought the diesel would have been the better option too.

:lessonlearned:
They now have the truck. They are supposed to cut a cheque to National Bank (financed some) and refund me some cash + return my trade in.

Big mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Wow is it stolen or rebuilt?
Neither I think. Title was clear. I mean, all was good in the hood with carfax here. No wonder though, wrong vin for the chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
It is a 6.0, that alone is the problem according to everyone on here. I bet it is a mix of the two.

Rick is at the dealership that be bought the truck at. I am trying to convince him to live stream the whole thing with his phone.
I spent that last 2 hours there and I will say this...
the guy who sold me the truck genuinely is worried.
the small owner of the company seems to slightly care
the majority owner doesnt give a **** and said "oh well".. "people change engines all the time". When I told him the bank alone said I should get a police report he said "i dont care, police cant do anything".

He was kind of a dick but I played it cool. Cards are all in their hands really. Right now I am out a good trade in which I will take back, out cash which i may not see again and owe a bank.

Overall, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are handling it. I get the impression they dont want me to spew about it on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
That would be epic.

There are VIN tags on the frame and engine. Shouldn't be hard to find one and run it through carfax or similar database. It would be interesting to know the truck's whole story.
Carfax was clean for the dash vin. The cluster vin matches the dash. it is gas. I dont know where there is a vin on the chassis but I almost dont want to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
Wait, the cluster is from a gas truck? Does it have a gas tach?

e: Yep, it definitely has a gas tach. The diesel tach only goes to 5000, this one goes to 6000.
Yup, gas cluster. WTF Sav, why didnt you warn me about this
Engine was solid during my ownership. I was happy with the 6.0. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFW View Post
^^^ Looks like the line item charges for Frankenford diagnosis were $54.50 plus $163.50. Seems a little steep IMO.

"Yep, we looked it over, can't help you. That'll be $246.34 sir."
Well, honestly, worth ever cent. I will be out that money but in the long run I am better off i think.

I am not even close to being out of the woods right now. The dealer has the X, the dealer has my trade in and money. Really, I have a bill to the bank to pay. I cant even remove insurance from it because a partial amount is financed.

To say I am not worried would be a lie. This easily could go south and I could be screwed.
Quality Control Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #57
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 1,707
Total Cats: 19
Default

From my experince as a Tech, then service writer, then manager at a Ford dealer

1. Aftermarket warranties are so bad, they arent worth the paper they are printed on. Absolute waste of money... Get Ford's Premuimcare, or nothing else.
2. Excursion is one sweet truck.
3. The 6.0 is the worst mistake Ford made since the contour. Swap it for a turbo miata motor.

and good god.. Diesel engine in a gas truck is going to be a nightmare.. I don't know about emissions laws in your area, but here it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car that wont pass. There may be an angle there.
Stealth97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
"Quality" is my first name.
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,611
Total Cats: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
From my experince as a Tech, then service writer, then manager at a Ford dealer

1. Aftermarket warranties are so bad, they arent worth the paper they are printed on. Absolute waste of money... Get Ford's Premuimcare, or nothing else.
2. Excursion is one sweet truck.
3. The 6.0 is the worst mistake Ford made since the contour. Swap it for a turbo miata motor.

and good god.. Diesel engine in a gas truck is going to be a nightmare.. I don't know about emissions laws in your area, but here it is illegal for a dealer to sell a car that wont pass. There may be an angle there.
Yea, ideally I am out of it all and I am happy. But until i see paperwork that says that, I am cautious to celebrate. Wife says new truck in the new year... i am happy if I get out of this one.

As for the e-test here, diesel only requires a visual and guess what, passed perfect!
Quality Control Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #59
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,363
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Rick, if they put up even the slightest bit of resistance, lawyer up ASAP.
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #60
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

^Yep.

You never posted the engine pics I requested
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
91 1.6l turbo complete part out. Tony the Tiger Miata parts for sale/trade 63 12-29-2016 03:23 AM
Toyota Pickup Engine Swap B.S. Monk Build Threads 24 12-11-2016 03:21 PM
Turbo 1995 Miata Low mileage Clean Tekel Cars for sale/trade 29 02-05-2016 05:16 PM
Hi turbo kitten nelson8708 Meet and Greet 11 09-06-2015 10:49 AM
Built 1.6l Engine, 1,820 miles Baxgordum Miata parts for sale/trade 19 09-05-2015 12:42 AM


Tags
excursion, ford, ford excursion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.