Obama Pic - Page 8 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #141
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
is obama "black?"

According to rednecks he is, so I guess that settles it.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

He's technically not black...he's interracial. Which is dumb because people are going to call him a black president, and then someone else who wants to be a black president will call themselves the first ALL BLACK president....and they'll make this town chocolate when it's rebuilt.

BTW, all and all. Black people saying they are happy because they finally get a black president. Common...really? 13% of the entire population is Black. As of the 2000 Census 14% were hispanic. I'm gonna bet that number has increased quite a bit. I don't see Latinos asking where their president has been? I also don't see them calling it racism that a handful of positions on an entire sports team aren't filled by Latino players when the rest are. In fact, you don't really see many Latinos in movies or TV.

Do to the ideas of things like affirmative action i bet we see a higher percent of Black on TV, in magazine and ads than their demographic percentage would imply there should be.

You know where we don't see that? Colleges. 2% of all college graduates are black males. Jeez why don't we have black presidents??
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #143
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
He's technically not black...he's interracial. Which is dumb because people are going to call him a black president, and then someone else who wants to be a black president will call themselves the first ALL BLACK president....and they'll make this town chocolate when it's rebuilt.

BTW, all and all. Black people saying they are happy because they finally get a black president. Common...really? 13% of the entire population is Black. As of the 2000 Census 14% were hispanic. I'm gonna bet that number has increased quite a bit. I don't see Latinos asking where their president has been? I also don't see them calling it racism that a handful of positions on an entire sports team aren't filled by Latino players when the rest are. In fact, you don't really see many Latinos in movies or TV.

Do to the ideas of things like affirmative action i bet we see a higher percent of Black on TV, in magazine and ads than their demographic percentage would imply there should be.

You know where we don't see that? Colleges. 2% of all college graduates are black males. Jeez why don't we have black presidents??

I don't see any Latino’s not being able to eat in the same restaurant as white people, or use the same bathroom. I don't see Latinos having crosses burning in their ******* yard. I don't see any Latinos going to segregated schools with half *** resources. I don't see Latino’s fighting in wars on behalf of their country and still being treated like second class citizens...I have more, and this is only in my lifetime, not some **** I read in a history book, I lived it. Also, last I checked, most Latino’s came here by choice. When I was a kid, no one told me I could be president...you know why, because I couldn't. So WTF is your point? You must be a young ****** that has no idea WTF has gone on in this country in the not so distant past. I’m only 46 and I lived this ****. Don’t get me wrong, I aint mad and don’t live in the past, I use it to make me appreciate my position in society…but the fact that a black man “can” be president fills me with pride. If Obama ***** up and is voted out in 4 years, I could give a ****, matter of fact I'll be leading the charge to get rid of his ***...just the fact that he was able to become president is a hell of a milestone in this country. And before you come back with some bullshit, I served this country proudly for over 20 years as a US serviceman so stupid ************* like you can say stupid ****. Consider this, when you were In first grade you probably was lead to believe you can accomplish whatever you want if you work hard. When I was in first grade that was a ******* pipe dream.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #144
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
He's technically not black...he's interracial.
Next time my interracial child is pulled over for being in the wrong neighborhood I'll remind her to tell the cop she "technically" is not black
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #145
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

This country has a cultural tradition of making someones race whichever class holds the lowest rank.

Half white half asian - Asian

Half white half black - Black

Half black half asian - Black

Quote:
I don't see any Latinos going to segregated schools with half *** resources. I don't see Latino’s fighting in wars on behalf of their country and still being treated like second class citizens.
Actually, I disagree completely. In fact a lot of Latinos, especially those with indigenous blood, still see horrible discrimination still to this day. Ask any of the Mayan-blooded Guatemalans in FL and TX.

Don't take this as a discredit to the strife of the black-american though. It really was a great milestone.



MX-Eva that came off pretty wrong.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #146
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
This country has a cultural tradition of making someones race whichever class holds the lowest rank.

Half white half asian - Asian

Half white half black - Black

Half black half asian - Black



Actually, I disagree completely. In fact a lot of Latinos, especially those with indigenous blood, still see horrible discrimination still to this day. Ask any of the Mayan-blooded Guatemalans in FL and TX.

Don't take this as a discredit to the strife of the black-american though. It really was a great milestone.



MX-Eva that came off pretty wrong.
Take my post in it's entirety, not in segments and you get my point. Not only that, they came here by their own will, many illegally. And yes, they do see a lot of discrimination, however, I haven't seen any hanging from trees, or subject to institutionalized abuse and discrimination like we were a few decades ago. Like I said, in a sense I can appretiate how things were. I have a lot, and have a pretty successful life, because of the society I grew up in I had to work 3 time as hard to achieve what I have. I didn't bitch about it, I just did it. It helps me really appretiate life and my accomplishments.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

The post sounds a little wrong because it isn't nice. There's a lot people have been through in this country or others. Celebrating Barack because of the triumphs he has achieved is fine and I think he must have worked hard and taken a lot of ****. Its not a deserved based position though.

You want years of discrimination and injustice? Why has there never been a Jewish president?
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #148
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
The post sounds a little wrong because it isn't nice. There's a lot people have been through in this country or others. Celebrating Barack because of the triumphs he has achieved is fine and I think he must have worked hard and taken a lot of ****. Its not a deserved based position though.

You want years of discrimination and injustice? Why has there never been a Jewish president?
STFU it sounds wrong because it is wrong.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #149
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
The post sounds a little wrong because it isn't nice. There's a lot people have been through in this country or others. Celebrating Barack because of the triumphs he has achieved is fine and I think he must have worked hard and taken a lot of ****. Its not a deserved based position though.

You want years of discrimination and injustice? Why has there never been a Jewish president?
Wow, I didn't think you could come up with a worse comeback, but you did....
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #150
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I'd like to let everyone in this thread know that I'm blonde hair, blue eyes, athletic, and created in the image of god. Seriously, I am your god. Bow down to me and I'll waf my farts at you, impure peasants. Hail hustler and my genetic superiority!!!
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:59 PM   #151
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
They were suing for a recount after Bush won the first election. Do you not remember?
you should put the term "won" in quotes. because he "won" by -543,895 (negative half million) votes. obama won by 9,522,083 (positive nine and a half million). granted those stats are from wikipedia, so the numbers may be wrong but the sign is correct.

oh and if a man walks into a KKK meeting and they see his skin is dark, similar to a black man's, do you think they will stop and ask if he is half white before doing something untoward?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #152
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 780
Total Cats: 0
Default

Bottom line is what you get out of life is a result of what you put into it.
That applies to any race, creed or whatever. I think America should ditch the "fill in the blank" -American crap. I am our Hispanic origin. My dad is a Puerto Rican by birth. He is bi-lingual, he has a 6th grade education, 6TH GRADE! He was put into the sugar cane fields at the age of 6 to help support his family. he was in the fields full time at the age of 10. He moved to the US in '55 at the age of 17. He learned English and tried to join the US Army to go fight in Vietnam, but he couldn't read a map. So instead he found work, got married to my mom in '61, who is from Alabama, had three kids, and had a successful life. He just retired from work after 61 years of working full time. English was the only language we spoke in the house, and to this day my dad considers himself to be an American. Not to be sappy, but my dad made no excuses for his education or what he was dealt with as a child and growing up. He is my biggest hero of all time.
96rdstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #153
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

In Brazil during surveys when they ask you your race they ask you the literal color of your skin. The way we see race here is a cultural thing that we formulated over the last 600 years.

Black
Brown
Yellow
Tan
Red
Pink
White
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #154
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

who cares his skin color really, tell that ------ to stop spending cash on all the bling he cannot afford.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #155
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

I was just pondering this the other day...

why is it that individuals decry spending for social programs and unemployment all day long but dont seem to mind so much when the us govt spends hundreds of billions on "bringing democracy to Iraq"?

If you have a problem with social welfare, wouldn't at least keeping it domestic be a little cheaper?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #156
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

i had a problem with the war. I think it's immoral to invade a country if you don't plan on using the full force of the military to win the war outright within a few hours. If we had gone in with the plan & support to really **** some **** up and get **** done, it would gone over so much better. Now it's just a cluster ****. but whatever **** Saddam.

Remember Jedis, upon Order 66, didn't stand a chance to the Clone Army..


My main problem is I hate the Government. I hate when it gets involved, it makes things worse and has to get more involved to fix the problems it created. It's a bad cycle and the government assumes too many power and has a pathetic success rate, just like the UN.


I also really hate rewarding bad behavior:

subsidizing (meaning paying for something, giving money to something) = encouraging it

taxing = making it cost more, punishing it


more taxing X causes less X

more subsidizing X causes more X


taxing cigarette purchases = decreased cigarette purchases

increasing sales taxes = less consumer spending

subsidizing sex education in public schools = more sex education

subsidizing sex by giving out free condoms = more sex

subsidized farming (gov't paying farmers to grow crops) = oversupply of crops
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #157
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i had a problem with the war. I think it's immoral to invade a country if you don't plan on using the full force of the military to win the war outright within a few hours.
more like the gulf war?

Quote:
subsidizing sex by giving out free condoms = more sex
yeah but less welfare babies and less HIV. (pretty sure people are having the sex anyway--it just feeels sooooooo gooooooooood)
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #158
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 780
Total Cats: 0
Default

There was a really good show on hdnet last night about the current financial situation. I don't particularly care for Dan Rather, but it was very, very good. It does not talk about party lines, no political overtones, just good hard facts.There is a webcast of the show from last night. It is just a piece of the 1hour show. The lady that is talking is the head of the oversight committee for the 1st bailout under Bush and she is currently sitting on the current admin's committee.

HDNet Original Programming - Dan Rather Reports
96rdstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #159
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

looks like brain joined the sarah palin abstinence crew. lol
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #160
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
My main problem is I hate the Government. I hate when it gets involved, it makes things worse and has to get more involved to fix the problems it created. It's a bad cycle and the government assumes too many power and has a pathetic success rate, just like the UN.
UN isn't exactly a govt number one. I wouldn't go and throw them out as unsuccessful. They had a period of doing nothing (50's-80's) because both the USSR AND US had veto powers, so one would veto whatever conflicted with their interests (aka was good for the other party).

There have been lots of silent successes by the UN since the fall of the USSR, namely San Salvador.

The debate is usually over: are people innately good or bad? If you think people are innately good, we need less govt. Innately bad, we need more of it. I like to think we need a balance of the two. A lot of people hint that the Obama administration isn't a hardline, typical left leaning admin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Way_(centrism)

However, considering how absurd the current state of the economy is, we have to delve into deficit spending to rectify the system. Biggest problem here is, we had 8 years of deficit spending during times of prosperity, its debatable if we can afford any more.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buzzing from driver side of engine bay? (MS3 install) nick470 MEGAsquirt 7 06-16-2017 02:53 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
The "just have fun build" nelson8708 Build Threads 9 09-26-2015 10:07 AM
1997 Miata Misty_Miata pineda92 Meet and Greet 4 09-20-2015 10:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.